Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

He would just look like Grillo's Crossbones.

So that’s where Maggie went after she left National City.

i'm excited for this. I rewatched season 1 over the weekend. I love the episode where he goes to find Gunnar in the woods.

I hope that the Punisher can be renewed for season 3. They can lift a main villain from the comics or just create somebody new.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the Punisher can be renewed for season 3. They can lift a main villain from the comics or just create somebody new.
    They won't renew it.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Yeah, with everything else being axed, I don't see the Punisher of all the shows getting a special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    They won't renew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, with everything else being axed, I don't see the Punisher of all the shows getting a special treatment.
    Agreed. While I don't doubt that the show would absolutely deserve the renewal at the close of the upcoming season, it seems like there is a "nine out of ten" chance that the show is going to be the victim of something bigger than it's merits.

Well, that full trailer looked pretty amazing. I'm about to get bummed all over again about this little corner of the bigger picture going away.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    spoilers:

Rumor has it Frank fucks up his face again and Jigsaw kills himself afterwards.
    end of spoilers
    That sounds a bit pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When it comes to black and female villains, how racist and sexist they are depends on how they are written and tge story surrounding them. With deformed villains, their deformities tend to be used as a shorthand for their evil.
    Which is because of their rejection by society due to their deformed looks. But modern logic is instead of a story and discussion on the pressures society puts on one to conform we ignore the problem so we can all feel better about ourselves while nothing changes.

When it comes to black and female villains, how racist and sexist they are depends on how they are written and tge story surrounding them. With deformed villains, their deformities tend to be used as a shorthand for their evil.
    That can't really be applied to Billy though. Billy was well established as a mean SOB before Frank gave him his makeover. His disfigurement isn't the reason for his villainy, it's the result of it.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Which is because of their rejection by society due to their deformed looks. But modern logic is instead of a story and discussion on the pressures society puts on one to conform we ignore the problem so we can all feel better about ourselves while nothing changes.
    Most of the stories that do this either make no commentary this at all or if they do, it's poorly done. Not to mention, having scarred people almost always be villains because their deformities end up making them outcasts is an issue of itself.

So reviews are out and they are split some are claiming it's a dramatic master peice. Others sayings it has bad pacing and too much baggage from season 1 from what I've read. Still cant wsit to watch it. I think I liked season 1 more then most.

BANNED

Most of the stories that do this either make no commentary this at all or if they do, it's poorly done. Not to mention, having scarred people almost always be villains because their deformities end up making them outcasts is an issue of itself.
    Yeah I would like to see a take on this trope that actual disabled people could relate to

Wth I had to physically search for the show. Killer Mike's trigger warning was the banner and Punisher wasnt in new releases or trending or any recommendation. That's never happened to me for any of the marvel releases. Anyone else have have to physically search for this show