Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Another great season of Punisher. The Netflix Punisher is vastly different than the comic book Punisher, but the seasons thus far have both been amazing. If there are no further seasons, I can safely say that I loved both seasons.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I loved this shows commentary how people who go through trauma or have a rough life have to find this new Normal. Like Frank's explains how he can deal with with the pain and trauma because there is no back to normal for him. Being in pain is his normal hes not looking for the light at the end of the tunnel and waiting for things to get better. Billy,Therapist,Midani,The girl, The hitman, and some of the vets share this similar thread of finding a new normal after tragic events.

spoilers:
    I was getting serious Harley Quinn vibes from Krista since he arrived at hers. I knew she'd be an accomplice. I really enjoyed the season but boy, it was as subtle as a brick to the face. Several extended shots of Krista, hinting at her inevitable defenestration. Madani touching things (like Billy's journal) so we knew it would become important to her plot. There were so many times things were spelled out or lingered on so we could guess the next story beat. Still, awesome season.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I might be in the minority but I liked Pilgrim, could they have done more with him? sure. But he was the first antagonist I saw that actually seemed like a threat to Frank. Like I said elsewhere, if Pilgrim was at a hundred percent I could totally buy him killing Frank. Russo's end was anticlimactic, but it's kinda in tone with the show so...eh. it is what it is. It did bug me they didn't acknowledge all the other crazy shit that went down in Harlem and hell's kitchen. I also REALLY wanted Frank to encounter Typhoid Mary, Dex, Kingpin, or even Kingpin Luke Cage down the line. Oh well ...that last scene of Castle is one helluva parting shot to go out on if this is truly the end for the show.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 01-22-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I might be in the minority but I liked Pilgrim, could they have done more with him? sure. But he was the first antagonist I saw that actually seemed like a threat to Frank. Like I said elsewhere, if Pilgrim was at a hundred percent I could totally buy him killing Frank. Russo's end was anticlimactic, but it's kinda in tone with the show so...eh. it is what it is. It did bug me they didn't acknowledge all the other crazy shit that went down in Harlem and hell's kitchen. I also REALLY wanted Frank to encounter Typhoid Mary, Dex, Kingpin, or even Kingpin Luke Cage down the line. Oh well ...that last scene of Castle is one helluva parting shot to go out on if this is truly the end for the show.
    I like Pilgrim aswell. Though he was just kinda a creepy boogeyman untill he wasnt.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I was never a huge fan of the character to begin with. Considering he's a neck beards wet dream and all (along with similar R-Rated action movie characters from the 80's). But Bernthal is great as the character. The season was good for what it was, I have no real complaint. Well, actually one. I feel when it comes to Frank's actions the writers seem like they want to have their cake and eat it too. That's the only thing that bugs me about the show. For example I was glad Madani finally was so over Frank's excuses at that meeting with curtis. Then later in the season shes like "he's just missunderstood!". And I'm like, Bitch really?? :whatever:. Frank is a fucked up Psycho with a sob story who goes after acceptable targets. Das it.

To the earlier point about him meeting other more dangerous people in the "Netflixverse", I assumed it was going to happen eventually. But we'll likely never see him go after Mafia Don Luke Cage

The weight room scene was pretty dope.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I was never a huge fan of the character to begin with. Considering he's a neck beards wet dream and all (along with similar R-Rated action movie characters from the 80's). But Bernthal is great as the character. The season was good for what it was, I have no real complaint. Well, actually one. I feel when it comes to Frank's actions the writers seem like they want to have their cake and eat it too. That's the only thing that bugs me about the show. For example I was glad Madani finally was so over Frank's excuses at that meeting with curtis. Then later in the season shes like "he's just missunderstood!". And I'm like, Bitch really?? :whatever:. Frank is a fucked up Psycho with a sob story who goes after acceptable targets. Das it.

To the earlier point about him meeting other more dangerous people in the "Netflixverse", I assumed it was going to happen eventually. But we'll likely never see him go after Mafia Don Luke Cage
    They address that's he insane but Midani doesnt seem to mind since he has a code. But yea anytime you hear Punisher grunting he was slowly losing control. Hes defiently insane and people called him out on the fact he enjoys killing people hes jsut noylt doing it simply to help people. Helping people is his excuse to justify it to himself. Untill the end where hes passes on legitimacy to embrace being the Punisher

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They address that's he insane but Midani doesnt seem to mind since he has a code. But yea anytime you hear Punisher grunting he was slowly losing control. Hes defiently insane and people called him out on the fact he enjoys killing people hes jsut noylt doing it simply to help people. Helping people is his excuse to justify it to himself. Untill the end where hes passes on legitimacy to embrace being the Punisher
    I do like it when his justifications lead to some dark humor. Like how he conforted Amy after she shot a guy by shooting him himself.

BANNED

It’s going to be a damn shame if there isn’t a Season 3.

The last 15 seconds was pure Punisher ripped straight from the comics. A new season with Castle fully embracing the Punisher mantle and adapting a classic Garth Ennis story like “The Slavers” would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I do like it when his justifications lead to some dark humor. Like how he conforted Amy after she shot a guy by shooting him himself.
    Best punisher scene ever. One hell of a loop hole

Friggin' love this season, and I like how they left off if it gets cancelled. I would die for MCU Frank, that wholesome cinnamon roll.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I've been enjoying this series so far, can't wait for the new season.

The villains were the definite weak points of the series. Pilgrims, Dumont's and Billy's characterizations were inconsistent as hell, the latters romance totally forced, and the Schultzes were just such non-entities that it would almost be insulting to the term to call them characters.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Will need to rewatch it again to be sure but right now I’m thinking Punisher S2 will rank as my 4th favorite of all the Netflix verse Marvel shows