Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The pacifist thing is just annoying. Maybe if it was more trying to avoid the fight at all cost....and only throwing fists if absolutely necessary.
    I thought the pacifist stuff would come to a head in the No Surrender book. They had the perfect opportunity when Wonder Man had the showdown with Challenger. He tells Challenger that he'll have to go through him and then lets Challenger hit him with a potentially lethal blow. Challenger was there to destroy the earth along with all of his friends and family and Wonder Man still doesn't snap? It makes no sense.

Just in case anybody missed it. https://www.cbr.com/avengers-wonder-...ts-west-coast/
    Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    In case anyone missed it, Brian Cronin's got a new article on the main site discussing Simon's second death...
    I really liked the costume Simon had, and the place he was in at the end of his series (even if I mostly hated that series and the Savage Wonder Man twist they went with). It was a shame nothing came out of it, with his idiotic death soon after in Force Works #1,

Quote Originally Posted by 1stOneHere View Post
    Just in case anybody missed it. https://www.cbr.com/avengers-wonder-...ts-west-coast/
    Keep up the good work.
    As I said, I really didn't like this series when they went with the Savage Wonder Mans storyline. I never did like much Gerard Jones. But the art was really good, for most of the series. I did like the first seven or so issues with a lighter and more humorous approach. The change of style stank heavily on editorial interfearence.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1stOneHere View Post
    Keep up the good work.
    I missed that one, thanks for posting! Cronin's been on a roll with all the recent Wondy articles!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really liked the costume Simon had, and the place he was in at the end of his series (even if I mostly hated that series and the Savage Wonder Man twist they went with). It was a shame nothing came out of it, with his idiotic death soon after in Force Works #1,

As I said, I really didn't like this series when they went with the Savage Wonder Mans storyline. I never did like much Gerard Jones. But the art was really good, for most of the series. I did like the first seven or so issues with a lighter and more humorous approach. The change of style stank heavily on editorial interfearence.

Peace
    Agreed. Initially, the series was droll but entertaining whenever the stories concentrated on Simon's interactions with his supporting cast and his life in Hollywood. Plus: I also agree that the artwork was a pleasantly, nice bonus.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-24-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    There were more pluses then minuses from the Gerard Jones run but I get what you're saying. I think he was trying to add depth to the WM character but might have gone to far with a couple of things. To this day I don't know why he didn't have better established villains for the series like I don't know, Baron Zemo, The Enchantress and The Executioner trying to get him to join the band again! It practically writes itself!

I missed that one, thanks for posting! Cronin's been on a roll with all the recent Wondy articles!
    I couldn't be happier with what Cronin is doing. If it wasn't for CBR Wonder Man would get no attention. Maybe Cronin endgame is to make Marvel realize that they are wasting a great character with a rich history and for them to get him more active again.
    Wouldn't it be great if they had WM show up in Immortal Hulk for a second go around? This time with him punching back.

I'd like to see Wonder Man work with humanitarian issues globally. helping build roads, bridges, irrigation systems, etc.
    He can also assist with Doctors without Borders, rescuing people injured. Normal bullets and bombs can't harm him. Maybe even a sequence where he deliberately travels through a conflict zone minefield to activate all the old bombs before they harm people.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Wonder Man work with humanitarian issues globally. helping build roads, bridges, irrigation systems, etc.
    He can also assist with Doctors without Borders, rescuing people injured. Normal bullets and bombs can't harm him. Maybe even a sequence where he deliberately travels through a conflict zone minefield to activate all the old bombs before they harm people.
    It's been a million years since I've read it, but wasn't Simon running some sort of non-profit in the Avengers Two: Wonder Man and Beast mini series?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

It's been a million years since I've read it, but wasn't Simon running some sort of non-profit in the Avengers Two: Wonder Man and Beast mini series?
    Yes, the Second Chances Foundation.

Journey into Mystery #5 is out and I was curious how WM fans felt about his appearances in the series. In my opinion, it's good to see him being used but he's not doing much. He's had more dialog in this series then he's had in all appearances in the last six years, so I'll give them that. It's just that the pacifist stuff has severely limited what a writer can do with the character. I also hated seeing WM look skinny but somehow they managed to draw Ares big and muscular. Even John Byrne never drew him skinny and he used to slim down everybody.
    Hopefully some other writers get inspired to use him and Marvel finally decides to do away with the dead end pacifist super hero crap.
    Last edited by 1stOneHere; 06-20-2019 at 03:30 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Simon Williams aka Wonder Man!!! 1964-2019

Avengers #9 Oct 1964
    First appearance of Wonder Man in "The Coming of the... Wonder Man!"
    Baron Zemo, the Executioner and the Enchantress scheme on how to defeat the Avengers.
    They notice in the news that Simon Williams, arrested for embezzling money, blames Tony Stark.
    They agree to help him get revenge on Stark as Iron Man is his bodyguard they are unaware they are one and the same.
    They take Williams to the Amazon jungle and use a machine on him which makes him all-powerful,

but to keep him under control, Zemo poisons him and only he knows the antidote.

They stage a battle against the Avengers where Wonder Man aids the Avengers, to earn their trust.
    He explains the illness he has and the Avengers work to find a cure.
    The Wasp is taken captive and the Avengers go to save her, only to be betrayed by Wonder Man.

The Masters of Evil come very close to defeating the Avengers, until Wonder Man turns on Zemo.
    His change of heart is due to the Avengers doing all they could to save him, even though they didn't know him.
    Wonder Man saves the Avengers, but subsequently dies from Zemo's poison.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Don Heck, inks by Dick Ayers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with Wonder-man in modern comics. But I LOVED him and Beast together back in the day.
    That's exactly want I want to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: The MCU Wonder Man and Beast as members of a super hero team fighting bad guys.