Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

even after reading it again a few months ago I am still unsure as to why he would have died in that situation. Think a couple of months earlier he was in the centre of a nega bomb explosion and spent hours floating unconscious in deep space and all it really did to him was make him really want a pastrami sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Since no one else seems to have started one yet, here's a new Wondy Appreciation Thread!

There hasn't been much to talk about lately, as Simon's big moment of 2018 was getting bashed by the new Immortal Hulk, so here's hoping 2019 sees better things for our favorite ionic Avenger!

Attachment 75982
    My favorite Marvel character. But they HAVE to put the stupid pacifit nonsense behind him. It's like Tony's rationale to became Iron Man again at the end of the original Armour Wars. Not many can tackle the threats Simon can. He can't afford not to face them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Simon lost to the Hulk? I would have thought he could go toe-to-toe with Hulk.
    Normally, he can give a pretty good account of himself, however, he was in "pacifist mode." A.K.A. Punching bag.

I secretly felt that way too--they would not do that to Simon, plus he was so powerful, he would show up in issue 2. But by issue 4, I was like, "Oh no, they killed Simon!!"
    I was a little slower. I began to suspect he was really dead around the issue they made a funeral for him. I was a slow kid.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    My favorite Marvel character. But they HAVE to put the stupid pacifit nonsense behind him. It's like Tony's rationale to became Iron Man again at the end of the original Armour Wars. Not many can tackle the threats Simon can. He can't afford not to face them.

Normally, he can give a pretty good account of himself, however, he was in "pacifist mode." A.K.A. Punching bag.

I was a little slower. I began to suspect he was really dead around the issue they made a funeral for him. I was a slow kid.

Peace
    Well, ...you were just "Wonder" Hopeful, that's all!

Sort of like what they did with Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men--episode 1 Jean disappears and looks like she died in an explosion. I felt the same way with her as you did with Simon. Sure enough, by episode 20 (yes 20!), they show Jean alive.

Today it feels like a lot of characters are not in the spotlight and Simon seems to be one of them. I want to see some more Simon spotlights and some big power showings!

PS. I am a fan of Captain Comet. (sort of an alternate universe version of me!)

Spectacular Member

i could get the pacifist thing if it wasn't the case that if Simon decides not to help or fight then lives could be lost through his inaction (bit like the laws of robotics) it is just as bad if those that can stand by and do nothing and others pay the price.
    And back in the day you could often see Simon going toe to toe with banner (i did like his effort in no surrender slowing the hulk) but it is a shame we don't get to see him in all his glory anymore, nor for quite some time. Something should happen that means he ditches his current philosophy and we finally get to see the Simon Williams of old

I had an idea about what to do with Simon.... kinda based on the more off-beat animated series coming out of Disney+ :
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-27-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had an idea about what to do with Simon.... kinda based on the more off-beat animated series coming out of Disney+ :
    Hahahah...I love it! The costume, colors, fist, face and boots...perfect, lol!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Is that your art, j9ac9k?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hahahah...I love it! The costume, colors, fist, face and boots...perfect, lol!
    Thanks! In case it wasn't obvious, this was a mash-up of his current look and his original costume. The big fists and lace-up boots are meant to give him a "down and dirty" vibe (hence, no rocket packs either) and I always liked his old-school goggles and headgear.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Is that your art, j9ac9k?
    Yep.

Thanks! In case it wasn't obvious, this was a mash-up of his current look and his original costume. The big fists and lace-up boots are meant to give him a "down and dirty" vibe (hence, no rocket packs either) and I always liked his old-school goggles and headgear.

Yep.
    Congrats. Looks great.

Peace

I'm someone else who think it looks great, j9ac9k. The illustration is really good, and the old googles and headgear married to the blue and red costume was something I've always thought would work well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'm someone else who think it looks great, j9ac9k. The illustration is really good, and the old googles and headgear married to the blue and red costume was something I've always thought would work well.
    Ditto! I love that costume. Best of the old and the new.

Yep.
    Oh, I didn't know you drew that! Nice talent! I appreciated all the items you mentioned, like no rocket belt (since Simon can fly). I always loved Simon's goggles since they were really more like a cool visor.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Simon lends himself to more light-hearted stories quite well; it's a shame no one has really done so since his solo book ended... 24 yrs ago.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Simon" made an appearance in West Coast Avengers this week. The name is in quotes because it was actually Clint Barton using an image inducer provided by Marvel Boy. Apparently Simon's more famous than Clint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Simon" made an appearance in West Coast Avengers this week. The name is in quotes because it was actually Clint Barton using an image inducer provided by Marvel Boy. Apparently Simon's more famous than Clint.
    That is...difficult to believe. Even in his Hollywood days, Simon was basically a stunt man, because he was invulnerable, not an actual star.

As a front line hero, Clint has also been gotten a lot more notoriety going back to his days in Cap's Kooky Quartet. Hell it was national news in-story when he "killed" Banner. It's only been recently that suddenly Clint's a nobody again.