Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    That is...difficult to believe. Even in his Hollywood days, Simon was basically a stunt man, because he was invulnerable, not an actual star.

As a front line hero, Clint has also been gotten a lot more notoriety going back to his days in Cap's Kooky Quartet. Hell it was national news in-story when he "killed" Banner. It's only been recently that suddenly Clint's a nobody again.
    Actually, no, Simon was a celebrity as a movie star for a while there due to the success of the Arkon movies -- for a while there during the original WCA run Simon's success started going to his head and he briefly considered quitting the Avengers to focus on his movie career. He started in stunt work, but he did get some actual acting movie roles as well.

Its true that Clint is also a "celebrity"--all of the long-term classic Avengers members are. But Wonder Man falls into that category as well (from multiple stints with the 'main' Avengers team as well as being a member of the West Coast team for almost its entire existence) AND he's got the added celebrity factor of his Hollywood career, so its not unreasonable to think that Simon would technically be a bigger celebrity just due to the double level of exposure. Plus it might be different if they were back in New York, rather than in L.A.

Didn't Simon also do Macbeth?

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had an idea about what to do with Simon.... kinda based on the more off-beat animated series coming out of Disney+ :
    I kinda dig seeing him in a cowl again. This is very similar to his classic outfit -- except the dark blue/black has replaced the green elements.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I kinda dig seeing him in a cowl again. This is very similar to his classic outfit -- except the dark blue/black has replaced the green elements.
    In total agreement with you concerning both the cowl and color scheme. Also, those infinity symbols around his midsection are missing. But still, a very nice design that I really like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In total agreement with you concerning both the cowl and color scheme. Also, those infinity symbols around his midsection are missing. But still, a very nice design that I really like a lot.
    FWIW, those always looked like some elaborate man-girdle to me...

I thought they were stylised cursive "W"s and "M"s linked together.

I thought they were "S's" in cursive form, one right after the other.

Silly question, but what did you think the "S" stood for, or did you think it was just random?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Silly question, but what did you think the "S" stood for, or did you think it was just random?
    S for "Simon".

Ha! I was racking my brains trying to think of something associated with Wondy beginning with "S", but "Simon" totally slipped my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ha! I was racking my brains trying to think of something associated with Wondy beginning with "S", but "Simon" totally slipped my mind.
    Haha. No worries. We help each other out.

I always thought they were "Ss" from the first time I saw the iconic green costume.

Why couldn't these kids work it out! I like them together, opposites in ways but share just enough traits to make them a funny pairing.

Simon appeared in Mr and Mrs X #9

Rogue been having troubles with her powers (for the umpteenth time!!!!) but we might have gotten a breakthrough

on the very next page she has an epiphany that hopefully will finally allow her to control her powers, Thanks Wonderman you Hero!

prospects for being animated soon?
    what about the movies?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Why couldn't these kids work it out! I like them together, opposites in ways but share just enough traits to make them a funny pairing.

Simon appeared in Mr and Mrs X #9

Rogue been having troubles with her powers (for the umpteenth time!!!!) but we might have gotten a breakthrough

on the very next page she has an epiphany that hopefully will finally allow her to control her powers, Thanks Wonderman you Hero!
    Thank you Wonder Man for once again showing up only to serve another character's arc!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Simon will be mentioned in Unstoppable Wasp this week:
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1115289863262277633
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman