Mighty Member

Default Gabriel Summers vs. Superboy-Prime

It's a battle of the screaming idiots.

Battlefield: High noon in the Sahara Desert

All combatants have their usual gear, including Superboy-Prime's armor and Vulcan's Shi'ar Spaceship.

Bonus Round: Guardian-empowered Superboy-Prime vs Phoenix Vulcan.

The one with Super Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The one with Super Speed.
    Gabriel has super-speed. He disappeared fast enough to make the Marvel Universe forget about his wretched existence.

Spectacular Member

Who's the whinier one?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It's not easy to see, but if I squint at this thread hard enough I start to detect some character dislike.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's not easy to see, but if I squint at this thread hard enough I start to detect some character dislike.
    I don’t know where you’re possibly getting that from.

This match would be just be a big old competitive emo tantrum from start to finish. And the universe would be the one to suffer.

In every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I don’t know where you’re possibly getting that from.

This match would be just be a big old competitive emo tantrum from start to finish. And the universe would be the one to suffer.

In every sense.
    Crisis on Infinite Hot Topics

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

On reflection, I feel actually quite like Superboy Prime as a character.

Yes, he's an entitled shitlord but he's kind of fun to read.

I mean he was. I feel like aging him up was a bad call. I liked him being this monstrous powerhouse with the emotional mental state of a particularly shitty teenager in the midst of an existential crisis, it made for good tension in a scene because he was so volatile. There's some good stories you could with that, especially with the world going the way it is at the moment.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sidebar, I only really read Vulcan in the context of the War of Kings series where he was "Joffry Baratheon with the powers of an Omega Level mutant," he served his purpose but he wasn't really that fun or unique.

If nothing else I do appreciate how Vulcan's presence in the Shi'ar Empire was cause enough for Gladiator to clarify his honour-bound outlook on the various Majestors of his time.

Within the span of a bullet being fired on Gabriel he had an extensive "I'm getting too old for this shit" flashback, none of which deterred his confidence to serve.

...also conveniently writing him into a little niche such that he couldn't just roll up and solve the problem like he did the first time he met Vulcan.

This goes the way of the Gladiator fight but quicker as there's no character or PIS reasons for SBP to hold back and try to tank a shot from Vulcan.

Bonus round idk.

BANNED

SBP:I will kill you to death!
    Vulcan: Die Alien Scum!
    SBP: hey I may be born on Krypton but I was raised on earth unlike you filthy slave of Alien Scum!
    Vulcan: *breaks down* woe is me! my mother was murdered! my friends and I died to save the team and our sacrifice was forgotten! I murdered a defenseless old man who was incidentally my father in a fit of rage! I disappeared into a fault in space time caused by the death of my opponent and everyone forgot me!
    SBP: this is beginning to seem familiar..... wait it's the story of my life!
    Vulcan: really then we are much alike you and I! I was looking for a kindred spirit after ditching Darwin!
    SBP: What a coincidence! I was looking for a new partner in crime after my previous associate Alex died!
    Fist bump!
    the MCU and DCU come together in a incursion are destroyed and a rebirth occurs creating a single verse.
    Vulcan: what happened? did we do that?
    SBP: Stick around me and I will show you how it's done......