Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I see HYDRA-Cap's escape as a necessary evil, and something that had been building since his and Steve's philosophical confrontation in Secret Empire Omega. After all, the whole point of Ta-Nehisi Coates's run on Captain America thus far has been about whether America is defined by its loftiest ideals, as represented by Steve himself, or by its darkest realities, as represented by HYDRA-Cap. The symbolic tug-o'-war between what America desires to be in its greatest moments and what America may actually be in its lowest moments is the entire crux of Captain America's modern stories, especially this one currently being told by Coates and so personified by the two Captain Americas. In the end, I'm pretty sure it'll come to a satisfying conclusion that'll say something very profound, heartfelt, and hard-hitting about what America is and what America can be . . . if it chooses to be.
    Oh I agree. I see the metaphor inherent in having them face each other again and the necessity to the storytelling. I just feel badly for Steve. You’d think being imprisoned for a murder you didn’t commit under Stucker’s care (re:torture) would be enough of an issue to deal with but nope, we just added more petrol to the fire. That phrase about being up sh*t creek without a paddle I think is definitely applicable here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Oh I agree. I see the metaphor inherent in having them face each other again and the necessity to the storytelling. I just feel badly for Steve. You’d think being imprisoned for a murder you didn’t commit under Stucker’s care (re:torture) would be enough of an issue to deal with but nope, we just added more petrol to the fire. That phrase about being up sh*t creek without a paddle I think is definitely applicable here.
    Yeah, I can agree with you there, or . . . "out of the frying pan and into the fire."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This was posted 14 months ago on the website of the Independent newspaper. A guy entered a Spanish game show wearing a Captain America t-shirt. And the question comes up: "What is Steve Rogers in the Avengers? Doctor, Senor, or Capitan. The correct answer is Capitan but he said Doctor!
    https://www.indy100.com/article/quiz...s-fail-8115211
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This was posted 14 months ago on the website of the Independent newspaper. A guy entered a Spanish game show wearing a Captain America t-shirt. And the question comes up: "What is Steve Rogers in the Avengers? Doctor, Senor, or Capitan. The correct answer is Capitan but he said Doctor!
    https://www.indy100.com/article/quiz...s-fail-8115211
    LOL, I'm guessing that t-shirt must have been a gift to him from a (now former) girlfriend (or boyfriend).

Oh my god, my #FreeHydraCap and #StevilDidNothingWrong hashtags worked. I might have to hop aboard the next arc-- Thank you, Brevoort! Now please remember that other Captain America guy exists, too!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh my god, my #FreeHydraCap and #StevilDidNothingWrong hashtags worked. I might have to hop aboard the next arc-- Thank you, Brevoort! Now please remember that other Captain America guy exists, too!
    Which one? Sam? John Walker? Bucky? Isaiah Bradley? (Last one is my personal hope, given what Isaiah Bradley and his family have meant for the legacy of Captain America, both good and bad.)

I knew HydraSteve would be back eventually (as I'm sure everyone else did). It's too big of a loose end (and interesting one) to not tie up. Especially with how Coates' story has been going.

I've said from the beginning that I felt this and Punisher were on a collision course. It sounds like Punisher may be ending (?) just judging from the last solicitation. If that does happen, I would not mind him guest starring in Captain America. Or Deadpool for that matter.

Which one? Sam? John Walker? Bucky? Isaiah Bradley? (Last one is my personal hope, given what Isaiah Bradley and his family have meant for the legacy of Captain America, both good and bad.)
    Sam, John would be nice too, Bucks is already all over the place, I think the Bradleys are caught up in legal issues?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I knew HydraSteve would be back eventually (as I'm sure everyone else did). It's too big of a loose end (and interesting one) to not tie up. Especially with how Coates' story has been going.

I've said from the beginning that I felt this and Punisher were on a collision course. It sounds like Punisher may be ending (?) just judging from the last solicitation. If that does happen, I would not mind him guest starring in Captain America. Or Deadpool for that matter.
    Captain America and Punisher teaming up to take on HYDRA-Cap and the other members of HYDRA's inner circle from Secret Empire would be interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sam, John would be nice too, Bucks is already all over the place, I think the Bradleys are caught up in legal issues?
    Yeah, that's what I heard, too, and I still really hope that gets worked out someday soon.

Captain America and Punisher teaming up to take on HYDRA-Cap and the other members of HYDRA's inner circle from Secret Empire would be interesting to read.
    Yeah! It just feels like the threads from each book are too close to not intertwine.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind seeing the two series crossover because they seem to be headed that way, but I hope that Punisher isn’t getting axed b/c I’m really liking it thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing the two series crossover because they seem to be headed that way, but I hope that Punisher isn’t getting axed b/c I’m really liking it thus far.
    I hope it keeps going too, it's one of my favorite books right now. The last solicitation had a sense of finality to it.

All I'll say is Steve, stay out of Franks way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    All I'll say is Steve, stay out of Franks way.
    He's one of the only ones (if not the only one) who Frank will stand aside for. Which is basically why he's in this mess to begin with.

are Hydra-Steve's memories all the altered,hydra-centric 'memories'? What about all the post-thawing experiences?
    So what type of costume, if any, will Hydra-Steve use now? Is he to be the new Grand Director? Is the first G.D. still around?

Is Anti-Cap still around? (early 00's Priest written Cap & Falcon series)