Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not sure but I wouldn't be shocked. Both Thor and IM will have new #1s, Tony after the Iron Man 2020 event.
    Ye, I read something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Yeah, Bleeding Cool posted it. But it was prior to NYCC and a lot of Bleeding Cool's stuff is speculation. Not saying it wont happen, just that it didn't pan out during all the announcements at NYCC, announcements which included Iron Man and Thor.

Oh, I didn’t where I read that it was getting a relaunch. I’m enjoying the Coates’ run, so I want him to stay.
    Do we even know where HydraCap is?

And jeez, I hope Peggy doesn’t stay with us, and if she will then let her stay away from SharonSteve.
    The last we saw Hydra!Cap, Selene did something to him after she and Alexa Lukin sprung him from prison, though, what, exactly, she did remains a mystery. This was back in issue #8.

Agree with you 100% about Sharon and Peggy. Coates is woke though, so I'm trying to have faith that he knows how bad it would look to do anything like that, regardless of who Steve ended up with in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Yeah, Bleeding Cool posted it. But it was prior to NYCC and a lot of Bleeding Cool's stuff is speculation. Not saying it wont happen, just that it didn't pan out during all the announcements at NYCC, announcements which included Iron Man and Thor.
    I think you are right. It won’t be relaunched, which is a good thing. I’ve been enjoying the current run yay.

The last we saw Hydra!Cap, Selene did something to him after she and Alexa Lukin sprung him from prison, though, what, exactly, she did remains a mystery. This was back in issue #8.

Agree with you 100% about Sharon and Peggy. Coates is woke though, so I'm trying to have faith that he knows how bad it would look to do anything like that, regardless of who Steve ended up with in the MCU.
    I have put Captain America on hold, I hope I can catch up before this year ends. We need to see more of HydraCap lool

Yes! I have faith in Coates, Peggy had little to no role pre-MCU now they wanna act like she had a big role smh. Also; one of my problems with endgame was Steve’s ending, it was disrespectful to the character.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Oh, I didn’t where I read that it was getting a relaunch. I’m enjoying the Coates’ run, so I want him to stay.
    Do we even know where HydraCap is?

And jeez, I hope Peggy doesn’t stay with us, and if she will then let her stay away from SharonSteve.
    I think you are right. It won’t be relaunched, which is a good thing. I’ve been enjoying the current run yay.

I have put Captain America on hold, I hope I can catch up before this year ends. We need to see more of HydraCap lool

Yes! I have faith in Coates, Peggy had little to no role pre-MCU now they wanna act like she had a big role smh. Also; one of my problems with endgame was Steve’s ending, it was disrespectful to the character.
    Same! I was hugely disappointed. And it wasn't because of Peggy or anything like that. It's because I've been reading Cap since Gruenwald and the one thing I associate with the character is that Steve Rogers does not give up. If I had to sum up Steve in three words they would be: adaptable, persistent, honorable. Him going back to the past felt like quitting. And Steve Rogers, at least in my understanding of the character, does not quit.

I once read an interview with Kirby where he was talking about how he wrote Steve before he went to war (Kirby is a WW2 vet himself, he was drafted and fought in the army) to how he wrote Steve during the Silver Age, after the war. Kirby was very cognizant of how tough it is for veterans to return to normal lives as citizens after having been a soldier in active combat. And Steve's coming off the ice to have missed years and to see that life moved on without him was a giant metaphor for what it feels like for a soldier to come home and adjust to life again, how different the world feels to them. Steve's ending in Endgame totally destroys that metaphor because it's basically sending the message that a soldier can't adapt.

Besides, these panels, which directly contradict Steve's MCU ending, exist...

Images from Mark Waid's Captain America: Man Out of Time cont.

Love this panel from Avengers #25. Aaron is doing a great job with Steve and T'Challa's dynamic. And lol, Steve...

Aaron's Avengers worth reading for Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Aaron's Avengers worth reading for Cap?
    Yeah, his Cap is pretty much square jaw but he's a good read and comes off funny at times.

Same! I was hugely disappointed. And it wasn't because of Peggy or anything like that. It's because I've been reading Cap since Gruenwald and the one thing I associate with the character is that Steve Rogers does not give up. If I had to sum up Steve in three words they would be: adaptable, persistent, honorable. Him going back to the past felt like quitting. And Steve Rogers, at least in my understanding of the character, does not quit.

I once read an interview with Kirby where he was talking about how he wrote Steve before he went to war (Kirby is a WW2 vet himself, he was drafted and fought in the army) to how he wrote Steve during the Silver Age, after the war. Kirby was very cognizant of how tough it is for veterans to return to normal lives as citizens after having been a soldier in active combat. And Steve's coming off the ice to have missed years and to see that life moved on without him was a giant metaphor for what it feels like for a soldier to come home and adjust to life again, how different the world feels to them. Steve's ending in Endgame totally destroys that metaphor because it's basically sending the message that a soldier can't adapt.

Besides, these panels, which directly contradict Steve's MCU ending, exist...

It kind of reminds me of how, conceptually, I never see Bruce Wayne actually quitting to be Batman but they gave him his "happy ending" in The Dark Knight Rises.

BANNED

The swimsuit issue may have been cancelled but we got this, so I'm good. Can't for the life of me figure out why Cap's shorts would need a leather belt on a swimsuit though.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #18
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • JASON MASTERS (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    THE LEGEND OF STEVE continues!
    Cap vs Nick Fury! Cap vs The Dryad! The new Scourge vs everybody! And a heart-stopping climax that you’ll never forget!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

CAPTAIN AMERICA #18
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • JASON MASTERS (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    THE LEGEND OF STEVE continues!
    Cap vs Nick Fury! Cap vs The Dryad! The new Scourge vs everybody! And a heart-stopping climax that you’ll never forget!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Alex Ross is best.

So many Cap appearances in January, I'm excited. We get the regular Cap title, Cap vs. Dracula, Cap vs. a dystopian future of an Earth populated by Red Skull clones, two Avengers issues, Avengers/Defenders and Marvel X (prequel to Earth X). January is going to be a fantastic month for Cap fans!

Question (and maybe I should make a separate thread for this, but since the original Earth X was very much a Steve Rogers-centric story, and the summary for Marvel X specifically mentions him, as well, it's not exactly off-topic). Wasn't the original Earth X story the one to posit the idea of the Celestials 'seeding' the Earth and making Eternals/Deviants/X-Men/Metahumans possible? And didn't Aaron just ret-con that in Avengers, wherein he modified the origin of life on Earth as originating from a sick Celestial who crash-landed on Earth and from his blood and vomit (gross, Aaron!) life sprung? It will be interesting to see how Marvel X (which is supposed to be a prequel to Earth X) rectifies this. I mean, Loki could have just been lying in Avengers, this is true, but the Avengers are using that dead Celestial's body as their base currently in the storytelling.

So many Cap appearances in January, I'm excited. We get the regular Cap title, Cap vs. Dracula, Cap vs. a dystopian future of an Earth populated by Red Skull clones, two Avengers issues, Avengers/Defenders and Marvel X (prequel to Earth X). January is going to be a fantastic month for Cap fans!
    Packed. Happy 2020.

Wonder if "heart stopping climax" refers to issue, arc, or volume.