Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Thank you! I’m definitely checking it out!

Well, about SpiderMan. I took a deal with the devil that I’d never ever read any SpiderMan issue until they retcon OMD. It’s been forever, but I do not regret my decision. It’s a wise decision for both my mental health and wallet

I’m surely checking out Cap though. Thank you! .
    You're welcome, and I can understand your decision. I'm still waiting for One More Day to finally be dealt with, but in the meantime, I'm happy enough that Peter and Mary Jane are back together. That being said, with how Mephisto keeps getting teased in other Spider-Man-related books and spinoffs, I'm anticipating there'll be some resolution to that debacle eventually.

In any event, I hope you enjoy reading Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America. A TPB collecting the first six issues is out now and issue 11 just came out last Wednesday or so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and I can understand your decision. I'm still waiting for One More Day to finally be dealt with, but in the meantime, I'm happy enough that Peter and Mary Jane are back together. That being said, with how Mephisto keeps getting teased in other Spider-Man-related books and spinoffs, I'm anticipating there'll be some resolution to that debacle eventually.

In any event, I hope you enjoy reading Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America. A TPB collecting the first six issues is out now and issue 11 just came out last Wednesday or so.
    Them being together isn’t enough. I made a deal with the devil because I look up to SpiderMan but now I regret it and I can’t breakaway from the deal. It will cost me my soul. Hit me up when OMD is dealt with and Petey is married again.

I am hyped for the current Captain America run, I heard nothing but positive feedbacks so I am intrigued. Thank you!

Them being together isn’t enough. I made a deal with the devil because I look up to SpiderMan but now I regret it and I can’t breakaway from the deal. It will cost me my soul. Hit me up when OMD is dealt with and Petey is married again.

I am hyped for the current Captain America run, I heard nothing but positive feedbacks so I am intrigued. Thank you!
    You're welcome, and I actually do agree with you that Peter/MJ being back together isn't enough as long as the specter of OMD hangs over their relationship like the Sword of Damocles. That definitely will have to be addressed sooner or later, preferably with Peter and MJ reclaiming their marriage and punching Mephisto's lights out. Get Johnny Blaze, current King of Hell, to help out if possible/necessary.

You're welcome, and I actually do agree with you that Peter/MJ being back together isn't enough as long as the specter of OMD hangs over their relationship like the Sword of Damocles. That definitely will have to be addressed sooner or later, preferably with Peter and MJ reclaiming their marriage and punching Mephisto's lights out. Get Johnny Blaze, current King of Hell, to help out if possible/necessary.
    Can marvel hire you?!

Jeez, it’s been more than a decade. I don’t think it will ever be addressed. I won’t get to see the day it’s retconned (

Can marvel hire you?!

Jeez, it’s been more than a decade. I don’t think it will ever be addressed. I won’t get to see the day it’s retconned (
    Ah, I'd have to apply for that job first, though I do appreciate the compliment.

Ah, I'd have to apply for that job first, though I do appreciate the compliment.
    If You could write one solo, which character u picking?

Astonishing Member

This is getting ridiculous. This is a Captain America thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's really okay lol. Appreciation threads have veered off the rails a lot worse than this one.

My apologies. Spider-Man is my weakness (

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's really okay lol. Appreciation threads have veered off the rails a lot worse than this one.
    Ahh! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    My apologies. Spider-Man is my weakness (

Ahh! Thank you.
    My apologies as well. To tie this back to Captain America, I personally think he would have been a better choice to mentor Spider-Man in the MCU than Iron Man. That exchange between them in Captain America: Civil War was something I wanted to see expanded a lot more than it was. Oh, and who can forget that wonderful speech in the ASM tie-in to the original comic where he quoted Mark Twain regarding what you're supposed to do when you know in your heart that what you're doing is right even when the world, public opinion, the media, and the politicians are telling you otherwise, ending with the words, "No, you move"? Come to think of it, I did like how the speech was adapted in Captain America: Civil War as something Peggy Carter passed on to her niece Sharon, who was using the same words as part of the eulogy at Peggy's funeral, thus inspiring Steve not to go ahead and sign the Sokovia Accords.

is stevil still on that plane
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No, he likely means Nick Spencer's current run on Amazing Spider-Man, which started last July and is now about to enter its second year, with 24-25 issues to show for it so far. We see the further adventures of Taskmaster and Black Ant, we see Boomerang pardoned for all his crimes because of the valuable aid he lent against HYDRA's takeover of the United States, we see Wilson Fisk in an elevated position, not just as mayor, but also because he provided for the ordinary people trapped and powerless when the hero community failed them, and Spencer's first big Spider-Event "Hunted" was kicked off by recreating the planetary shield that blocked all the cosmically powered heroes from going down there and making quick work of HYDRA --- only it was used to trap Spider-Man and a bunch of other animal-themed characters in Central Park for Kraven's true last hunt.

Also, cosigning cc008's post. Nothing against Waid, but he (or rather, Marvel) played it too safe with Cap after the fallout from Secret Empire, and I liked that Coates was willing (and so far, able) to address that head-on. The great Captain America runs have always asked tough, hard, even painful questions about what America really means and stands for and who gets to define what America is, and so far, Coates is doing well in that sense.
    As there’s no thread for Cap #11 yet I’ll comment about it here.

Yes, you’re right that Coates is addressing what America is, and addressing Secret Empire. I especially like that Coates referenced Steve Rogers consorting with the KGB during the war against the Nazi’s, and admitting it was wrong, but hey... the devil you know. It’s an admission I hadn’t seen before in a Cap book, Steve admitting his sins like that. Steve seems to have taken it to heart quite strongly. To me, I always wondered at Cap and Bucky associating with the Russian army during the war, at what Cap felt about the Cold War and allegiances, who Cap knew in Russia in the Silver Age, and of course, Bucky being made into the Winter Soldier by the Russians. These political connections are so incestuous between Russia, Cap, and Bucky, and nobody has bothered to look into it to any sort of degree. Lukin is the key here, because he inherited the Winter Soldier, and Lukin is still alive here, now.

But I like that American history, with regards to Marvel continuity, does not shy away from uncomfortable truths. The more you can admit you are not all a bed of roses, the better you can speak the truth. Know who you are, then you can judge others.

My apologies as well. To tie this back to Captain America, I personally think he would have been a better choice to mentor Spider-Man in the MCU than Iron Man. That exchange between them in Captain America: Civil War was something I wanted to see expanded a lot more than it was. Oh, and who can forget that wonderful speech in the ASM tie-in to the original comic where he quoted Mark Twain regarding what you're supposed to do when you know in your heart that what you're doing is right even when the world, public opinion, the media, and the politicians are telling you otherwise, ending with the words, "No, you move"? Come to think of it, I did like how the speech was adapted in Captain America: Civil War as something Peggy Carter passed on to her niece Sharon, who was using the same words as part of the eulogy at Peggy's funeral, thus inspiring Steve not to go ahead and sign the Sokovia Accords.
    That’s true. I wonder why they chose Iron Man to mentor Spidey and not Cap.

Bruh! That quote was brilliant, really love it!
    8197183C-FF42-4F03-86C6-81D8731AB8BA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    As there’s no thread for Cap #11 yet I’ll comment about it here.

Yes, you’re right that Coates is addressing what America is, and addressing Secret Empire. I especially like that Coates referenced Steve Rogers consorting with the KGB during the war against the Nazi’s, and admitting it was wrong, but hey... the devil you know. It’s an admission I hadn’t seen before in a Cap book, Steve admitting his sins like that. Steve seems to have taken it to heart quite strongly. To me, I always wondered at Cap and Bucky associating with the Russian army during the war, at what Cap felt about the Cold War and allegiances, who Cap knew in Russia in the Silver Age, and of course, Bucky being made into the Winter Soldier by the Russians. These political connections are so incestuous between Russia, Cap, and Bucky, and nobody has bothered to look into it to any sort of degree. Lukin is the key here, because he inherited the Winter Soldier, and Lukin is still alive here, now.

But I like that American history, with regards to Marvel continuity, does not shy away from uncomfortable truths. The more you can admit you are not all a bed of roses, the better you can speak the truth. Know who you are, then you can judge others.
    Given the Russian connection, I wonder if that ever played into any sort of ambiguous feelings Steve might've had about Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, in light of her being an ex-KGB operative herself. Did he ever wonder if he was repeating the mistakes of the past by working with her, let alone developing a friendship with her?

That’s true. I wonder why they chose Iron Man to mentor Spidey and not Cap.

Bruh! That quote was brilliant, really love it!
    8197183C-FF42-4F03-86C6-81D8731AB8BA.jpg
    It sure was. And they probably picked Iron Man based not only on the actual comics leading up to Civil War at the time, but also because in terms of scientific ingenuity and intelligence, Peter did have the capacity to rival Tony. While that would be a reasonable assessment, I always figured Peter and Steve had more in common, both growing up poor and bullied in New York, but not backing down from those bullies, especially after gaining great power and using for the sake of others.

BANNED

someone know what rank steve holds in the military? is he a brigadier?