Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's because he's worried for everyone's personal hygiene.

There should never be any doubt that Steve is a hunk of a man .

Yeah, it's hard for me to take him seriously too.
    Yeah, no emotional impact for me at all... but I guess you can tell from my avatar where I land on this issue.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I'm curious to ask you guys here: With Mark Waid's original essay for Marvel Comics #1000 having been released, do you think it's something Captain America would say?

"I’m asked how it’s possible to love a country that’s deeply flawed.

It’s hard sometimes. The system isn’t just. We’ve treated some of our own abominably.

Worse, we’ve perpetuated the myth that any American can become anything, can achieve anything, through sheer force of will. And that’s not always true. This isn’t the land of opportunity for everyone. The American ideals aren’t always shared fairly.

Yet without them, we have nothing.

With nothing, cynicism becomes reality. With nothing, for the privileged and the disenfranchised both, our way of life ceases to exist. We must always remember that America, as imperfect as it is, has something. It has ideals that give it structure.

When the structure works, we get schools. We get roads and hospitals. We get a social safety net. More importantly, when we have structure, we have a foundation upon which to rebuild the American Dream — that equal opportunity can be available to absolutely everyone.

America’s systems are flawed, but they’re our only mechanism with which to remedy inequality on a meaningful scale. Yes, it’s hard and bloody work. But history has shown us that we can, bit by bit, right that system when enough of us get angry. When enough of us take to the streets and force those in power to listen. When enough of us call for revolution and say, “Injustice will not stand.”

That’s what you can love about America." - https://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-de...l-comics-1000/

Steve said it best himself. He's loyal to the Dream.

Politicians and Presidents come and go. Gov't politics change.

The Dream that all people are created equal are entitled to the pursuit of life liberty and happiness is his constant

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Steve said it best himself. He's loyal to the Dream.

Politicians and Presidents come and go. Gov't politics change.

The Dream that all people are created equal are entitled to the pursuit of life liberty and happiness is his constant
    That's a much better way of putting it. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    That's a much better way of putting it. Thanks for that!
    Sometimes, people find Steve's speeches corny but I don't.

That essay you pulled up By Waid was spot on.

Sometimes, people find Steve's speeches corny but I don't.

That essay you pulled up By Waid was spot on.
    Eh, it wasn't quite spot on for me. Not that I encourage censorship in the first place, but in this case, I'm rather glad that Mark Waid's original essay for Marvel Comics #1000 didn't go through. Captain America deserves to be attached with an essay that's more uplifting, productive, and doesn't allude to 2019 as being exactly the same as a certain previous war. But what you said came off as much better written in spirit than what Waid wrote.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-03-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Eh, it wasn't quite spot on for me. Not that I encourage censorship in the first place, but in this case, I'm rather glad that Mark Waid's original essay for Marvel Comics #1000 didn't go through. Captain America deserves to be attached with an essay that's more uplifting, productive, and doesn't allude to 2019 as being exactly the same as a certain previous war. But what you said came off as much better written than what Waid wrote.
    What I got out of Waid's essay was that the American Dream isn't the same for everyone. Everyone in America doesn't start out equally as much we would like to otherwise believe. It requires hard work, patience, commitment and determination.

It won't be easy and there is no guarantee of success and we shouldn't look at life with blinders on. We live in a world of instant gratification and people wanting fame and creating brands and followers for popularity. A lot of people don't accept responsibility for their own actions and blame others for their own shortcomings and failures.

Success is measured by likes and followers and how much is in our bank account. When people base their self-worth on what others think of them, then they've already failed in life no matter how much money and fame they have. If you take it away from them, they feel like nothing.

If more people believed in helping others, uplifting others instead of hating and blaming others, we stand a better chance of living the dream.

i'm screaming

dreams can come true

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...78685286256641
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I liked the Spencer outfit enough but it looks wayyyy better then Cap's base suit in this game.

If more people believed in helping others, uplifting others instead of hating and blaming others, we stand a better chance of living the dream.
    You're right, we as a society should focus more on being uplifting, responsible, and productive instead of being hateful, blaming, and antagonistic, even with the best of intentions. People shouldn't use kindness and concern as an excuse to be a jerk. They should use kindness as an excuse to be kind, to the best of their ability.

Hoping you guys can help me. Looking to round out my Brubaker Cap run in paperback form. I have the 3 ultimate collections and the Winter Soldier run he also wrote.. but I know there are many more smaller TPBs that complete the run. I just want to make sure I get the ones that don't include any of the issues I already have. Can anyone point me towards the missing books? Thank you in advance

Just the other day, I received a copy of Marvel Comics #1000 and I enjoyed it immensely. It should be noted that Cap has several one-page appearances with nice artwork from a wide array of talented artists. Hopefully, the next issue will be just as good.

Extraordinary Member

With the current storyline in Captin America they had the perfect opportunity to bring John Walker in. Do sort of a Harrison Ford / Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive sort of thing. Just as he is catching up with Steve...he gets away.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    This was sent to me by justzilla on Twitter (adding this to to the buy list). Steve was in Asgardians of the Galaxy #8 and has a sweet moment with Thunderstrike...

The issue I have with this is that Kevin knows that Steve knew his dad. It was Steve who gave him Thunderstrike. Maybe something a little more personable in that interchange like "Good to see you again, son...your father would be proud of you."
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-12-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With the current storyline in Captin America they had the perfect opportunity to bring John Walker in. Do sort of a Harrison Ford / Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive sort of thing. Just as he is catching up with Steve...he gets away.

The issue I have with this is that Kevin knows that Steve knew his dad. It was Steve who gave him Thunderstrike. Maybe something a little more personable in that interchange like "Good to see you again, son...your father would be proud of you."
    Hmm, maybe. I could see that. And hopefully John Walker (as well as Sam Wilson) will show up later in this arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Been enjoying Coates' run and I like some of the plot points he's been doing Kinda like that Commander Rogers is back.

Just one question: What organization is Fury Jr in charge of?
    Should be the Inhumans because no one gives a hoot about them either.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-13-2019 at 03:28 PM.