Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

I'm not sure how much I should care about Fury Jr. hunting Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he's much of a threat, honestly. Cap has a lot of practice dodging anyone with that surname. I'm more interested on whether that is Steve or Stevil being depicted on those pages.

Adam Kubert art for Marvel's 80th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by SBD View Post
    What would people recommend as a good series of Captain America graphic novels

Thanks
    I've been reading the first Captain America omnibus with the 60s stories. Having read very little with the character, I figured I'd get in on the ground floor. It's pretty good so far with a mix of modern day (60s) Captain America, then some WW2 flashback stories before returning to the present day and introducing some villains.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Yes, Army Officer ranks are as follows:
    SECOND LIEUTENANT
    FIRST LIEUTENANT
    CAPTAIN
    MAJOR
    LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    COLONEL
    BRIGADIER GENERAL (this is Steve's rank, according to the Captain America and the Falcon run)
    MAJOR GENERAL
    LIEUTENANT GENERAL
    GENERAL

When Steve first signed up? No. They didn't tell him anything. He thought Project Rebirth was strictly about helping the WW2 effort. And Steve had nothing to lose. He was poor, with no family left alive, very young (17 when recruited, 18 when receiving the serum) and sickly. He always figured these things were why he appealed to them. But gradually, through the years, and in various storytelling, he's found out more and more, and with each bit of knowledge he's gained he gets more and more horrified. If you want some reading suggestions on this read Truth: Red, White and Black by Robert Morales and Deadpool: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Brian Posehn (Cap and Wolverine teamed up with Deadpool to undercover some Weapon Plus cloning atrocities).

Here are some pages from Truth:

Attachment 84744
    Attachment 84745
    Attachment 84746

Steve Rogers is a good man. He says it there, clearly, if he could take away all the pain and suffering Isiah Bradley endured through Weapons Plus program and take it onto himself, he would. So that's why I said there's already a precedence set for his reaction to the horrible things that the Weapons Plus program does.
    Thanks for the background info concerning Project Rebirth. Still, has it ever been discussed how much of a role Prof. Erskine had in this? It always seemed that the professor was a good guy and tried to keep his hands out of the seedier aspects of Project Rebirth. Did he know about the testing on African-Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked how in the issue Fury Jr. was communicating with Bucky and tried to buy Cap time. But yeah, Cap would probably outrun Fury's forces. He's done so in the past. And that's the point, he's done a lot of these things in the past. Go up against his government, renounce his costume. I feel like I've seen this story before. It's not a bad thing to revisit, but yeah, it's been done.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks for the background info concerning Project Rebirth. Still, has it ever been discussed how much of a role Prof. Erskine had in this? It always seemed that the professor was a good guy and tried to keep his hands out of the seedier aspects of Project Rebirth. Did he know about the testing on African-Americans?

I liked how in the issue Fury Jr. was communicating with Bucky and tried to buy Cap time. But yeah, Cap would probably outrun Fury's forces. He's done so in the past. And that's the point, he's done a lot of these things in the past. Go up against his government, renounce his costume. I feel like I've seen this story before. It's not a bad thing to revisit, but yeah, it's been done.
    Depending on the retroactive continuity in question, Erskine was already dead and had taken the secrets of the Super-Soldier Serum with him when the U.S. government started testing (its attempted recreations of) the Serum on African-Americans, so he might not have. As for your second paragraph, Steve (or the writer) actually does address this in one scene in an earlier issue of this arc, asking himself how he can even claim to stand for America and its values when he's been at odds with the American government and even the American people again and again, wondering if after all this time, the America he believed in and fought for even exists anymore, assuming it ever did, and if his principles and values truly align with the country he's held dear for so long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Depending on the retroactive continuity in question, Erskine was already dead and had taken the secrets of the Super-Soldier Serum with him when the U.S. government started testing (its attempted recreations of) the Serum on African-Americans, so he might not have. As for your second paragraph, Steve (or the writer) actually does address this in one scene in an earlier issue of this arc, asking himself how he can even claim to stand for America and its values when he's been at odds with the American government and even the American people again and again, wondering if after all this time, the America he believed in and fought for even exists anymore, assuming it ever did, and if his principles and values truly align with the country he's held dear for so long.
    Hey Huntsman, thanks for the info. Yeah, I'll have to recheck that in the previous issues.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey Huntsman, thanks for the info. Yeah, I'll have to recheck that in the previous issues.
    You're welcome. It's been an extremely fascinating read so far, both as a Captain America fan and as someone delving into American sociopolitical issues.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Gwenpool Strikes Back! 001
    Leah Williams, David Baldeon, Jesus Aburtov

I guess I haven't been appreciating enough lately, but rereading Infinity reveals the ultimate truth.

Leinil Yu Steve is just so cool. So forkin' cool he could fix the ice caps. Lord, please do an arc of Avengers or something.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

don’t forget yu ‘s rogers has that wagon

Mighty Member

my problem is that each time I see Fury jr. in a comics, I can't take it seriously. 8 continue to think that Marvel did a huge mistake by not bringing Ultimate Nick Fury.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

ultimate fury hasn't been written by nick spencer so he's the inferior version, johnson also has the power of big gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

SWIGGITY SWOOTY
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Gwenpool Strikes Back! 001
    Leah Williams, David Baldeon, Jesus Aburtov
    It's because he's worried for everyone's personal hygiene.

There should never be any doubt that Steve is a hunk of a man .
    Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    my problem is that each time I see Fury jr. in a comics, I can't take it seriously. 8 continue to think that Marvel did a huge mistake by not bringing Ultimate Nick Fury.
    Yeah, it's hard for me to take him seriously too.

Been enjoying Coates' run and I like some of the plot points he's been doing Kinda like that Commander Rogers is back.

Just one question: What organization is Fury Jr in charge of? He still has a SHIELD emblem on his chest.