Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Certainly wasnÂ’t an issue within BrubakerÂ’s run. Indeed the revolutionary mic drop this outing was those last two pages.
    Never said it was an issue when Brubaker had Bernie defending Bucky but feel obligated to point out:

A) it’s been a decade since Cap vol. 5, being happy to see Bernie again when she, herself, was a Cap staple for years (and through multiple writers) is not unwarranted. Doesn’t matter who one “ships” Steve with currently, Bernie, Rachel AND Sharon have each played an important part in his life, to deny that is a willful blindness I choose to not want to engage in personally (I hate the entire concept of “shipping” for this reason, which is why I go with the flow, Steve’s happy, whoever he’s with, then I’m happy). Spencer’s Sam Wilson run let us catch up with D-Man and Rachel, but there hasn’t been a mention of Bernie since Brubaker. Glad to see her.

B) Sharon herself admitted she was being ridiculous and apologized right after (and it’s a credit to her for doing so). It’s not coming down on Sharon to point out something the narrative, itself, pointed out. And honestly I made that post before reading the issue to the last two pages, flush with excitement at seeing an old friend again.

C) never said the last two pages weren’t amazing. Like everyone else I hope it means a new team book. I’d subscribe in a second. But this is a Steve Rogers appreciation thread specifically. Which is why we’re all on here talking about Steve’s role as a revolutionary, past and present.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 01-30-2019 at 09:05 PM.