Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are Hydra-Steve's memories all the altered,hydra-centric 'memories'? What about all the post-thawing experiences?
    So what type of costume, if any, will Hydra-Steve use now? Is he to be the new Grand Director? Is the first G.D. still around?

Is Anti-Cap still around? (early 00's Priest written Cap & Falcon series)
    Yes, all of Hydra!Cap's memories are false, since he was a duplicate implanted with false memories from childhood on up (meaning Hydra!Steve's entire history was fake) while real!Steve was stashed away at the Vanishing Point.

Not sure what he'll be wearing. We have yet to see if the artist, Adam Kubert, will give him a new uniform because the issue where he gets sprung from prison hasn't happened yet (it's this week's issue, Captain America #8).

As for the Grand Director... There is a hint that the recently brought-back-from-the-dead Aleksander Lukin is actually Red Skull, or believes himself to be Red Skull, one or the other. We don't know if his wife Alexa Lukin knows this yet of her husband, but she was the one who just organized for Hydra!Steve to get a full presidential pardon in the preview pages for this week's Cap, so this will probably all tie together soon enough. Coates is only 7 issues in (8 this Wednesday) and Mark Waid didn't address anything about Secret Empire at all during his short run the year prior, so all of the chess pieces are still being set up. It will be interesting to see how this plays out because as we know Hydra!Steve was the one who killed Red Skull, so if Aleksander Lukin being Red Skull is not common knowledge yet, if this is something he is keeping close to his chest while his wife enacts the grand plan she has independently of her husband's return, there could be some internal conflict between the two. I can't imagine Red Skull is very happy with Hydra!Steve for a multitude of reasons, even though, ultimately, Hydra!Steve was his own brainchild that ran away from him.

Meanwhile, real!Steve, our Steve, knows none of this... yet.

Steve and Stevil's pre-ice and thawing memories are different, but their post-thawing memories are exactly the same up until Standoff. Stevil just views all those years as him being like, possessed by a weaker version of himself and the events as a product of the world being stolen from Hydra.

Brevoort--

"You have to wait and see how it all plays out. But the intention here is not for evil Steve to be forgotten forever or to be permanently sidelined. He’s a character who, love him or hate him (and probably a little of both from different people), he headlined a comic for a good 18 months. A lot of work went into him, and he’s gonna be a regular player on the Marvel scene. Whether it’s in a Captain America costume, or a green Hydra costume, or a costume of another color, that will play out over the course of time. He makes for a really good addition to the Captain America rogues gallery, and to the Marvel Universe rogues gallery."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Steve and Stevil's pre-ice and thawing memories are different, but their post-thawing memories are exactly the same up until Standoff. Stevil just views all those years as him being like, possessed by a weaker version of himself and the events as a product of the world being stolen from Hydra.

Brevoort--

"You have to wait and see how it all plays out. But the intention here is not for evil Steve to be forgotten forever or to be permanently sidelined. He’s a character who, love him or hate him (and probably a little of both from different people), he headlined a comic for a good 18 months. A lot of work went into him, and he’s gonna be a regular player on the Marvel scene. Whether it’s in a Captain America costume, or a green Hydra costume, or a costume of another color, that will play out over the course of time. He makes for a really good addition to the Captain America rogues gallery, and to the Marvel Universe rogues gallery."
    We'll see how long it lasts and what Brevoort meant by that. This isn't the only time there's been an evil clone of Steve running around. I mean during the John Walker/The Captain storyline it was revealed that Red Skull was implanted in a cloned duplicate of Steve Rogers who eventually returned to the appearance of Red Skull by getting a full face of the "Dust of Death", so I've long suspected, since Secret Empire ended, that they might do something similar here. But I'm just guessing at this point. Currently Red Skull is residing in Aleksander Lukin's well put together zombie corpse, whether he wants to remain there is another story. I'm guessing, based on previous history, re: both Gruenwald's and Brubaker's runs, that since the Skull is so obsessed with possessing Steve's body that the answer is more along the lines of Skull wanting to be in the body of a super soldier again. How much of a fight Hydra!Steve puts up, and whether he outwits the Skull in this, is the big question in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    We'll see how long it lasts and what Brevoort meant by that. This isn't the only time there's been an evil clone of Steve running around. I mean during the John Walker/The Captain storyline it was revealed that Red Skull was implanted in a cloned duplicate of Steve Rogers who eventually returned to the appearance of Red Skull by getting a full face of the "Dust of Death", so I've long suspected, since Secret Empire ended, that they might do something similar here. But I'm just guessing at this point. Currently Red Skull is residing in Aleksander Lukin's well put together zombie corpse, whether he wants to remain there is another story. I'm guessing, based on previous history, re: both Gruenwald's and Brubaker's runs, that since the Skull is so obsessed with possessing Steve's body that the answer is more along the lines of Skull wanting to be in the body of a super soldier again. How much of a fight Hydra!Steve puts up, and whether he outwits the Skull in this, is the big question in my mind.
    I could totally see Skull jumping into HydraCap's body at some point.

Especially since, because of the movies, most people probably assume Red Skull has his own Super Soldier body.

Reading Cap #8 now. Go Sharon, dealing with Kingpin like a BOSS. "I am going to break them". Chills.

Good lord, this prison makes the Negative Zone (Civil War Frontline era) look like a Sandals Beach Resort.

Yup. Red Skull is DEFINITELY going to want that body. Especially now. Sticking by my hypothesis.

Today's issue was WOW.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Andy Kubert!!!

Captain America #14 Feb 1999
    The Red Skull stars in "Turnabout!"
    In this critically acclaimed issue, Mark Waid and Andy Kubert take a chilling look inside one of the most evil minds in the Marvel Universe.
    Learn what makes Captain America's greatest adversary, the Red Skull, tick. From his earliest days as a simple bell-hop,

to his rise through the ranks of the Third Reich to become one of the most dangerous men alive,

to how he feels about the Sentinel of Liberty himself.

Story by Mark Waid. Art by Andy Kubert and Jesse Delperdang.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxy25y0Qbek http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_andy_kubert/

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Captain America #14 Feb 1999
    The Red Skull stars in "Turnabout!"
    In this critically acclaimed issue, Mark Waid and Andy Kubert take a chilling look inside one of the most evil minds in the Marvel Universe.
    Learn what makes Captain America's greatest adversary, the Red Skull, tick. From his earliest days as a simple bell-hop,

to his rise through the ranks of the Third Reich to become one of the most dangerous men alive,

to how he feels about the Sentinel of Liberty himself.

Story by Mark Waid. Art by Andy Kubert and Jesse Delperdang.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxy25y0Qbek http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_andy_kubert/
    Didn't realize it was his birthday. Yes, Happy Birthday!!! God I love volume 3.

Any of my fellow Cap fans a parent? I ask because occasionally, if I really like an issue, I'll buy out my CBS and donate the extra copies to my daughter's school. I'm definitely doing this with today's Invaders. I WANT to do it with Cap, yet the only thing making me hesitant is the graphic depictions of the prison scenes. I'm a pretty bad judge of this because we've been taking our daughter to the MCU films, most of which are PG-13, since she was little (but no, we did not take her to Deadpool, had to draw the line somewhere). Anyway, would anyone else consider today's Cap too graphic for 6th, 7th and 8th graders? I'd rather not receive an angry letter from the school, lol.

BANNED

Man, Coates' run is just so freaking good. Today's issue was especially choice with the highlight for me being the Fisk/Carter scene. Coates writes Sharon like such a boss and I love it.

Very interested to see what's going to happen to Hydra Cap and the reveal of who (may have) taken down Ross was a pleasant surprise. Would love to see this character get to step on to a bigger stage.

I really hope Coates is digging in for a long stretch with Cap. Given the tracks he's laying down, it certainly seems like he is and I'm all for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Any of my fellow Cap fans a parent? I ask because occasionally, if I really like an issue, I'll buy out my CBS and donate the extra copies to my daughter's school. I'm definitely doing this with today's Invaders. I WANT to do it with Cap, yet the only thing making me hesitant is the graphic depictions of the prison scenes. I'm a pretty bad judge of this because we've been taking our daughter to the MCU films, most of which are PG-13, since she was little (but no, we did not take her to Deadpool, had to draw the line somewhere). Anyway, would anyone else consider today's Cap too graphic for 6th, 7th and 8th graders? I'd rather not receive an angry letter from the school, lol.
    I am a parent but as someone who is fairly lenient with what my kid reads and watches, I'm not the best judge of what other people find suitable for their kids. The new Cap seems safe enough for slightly older kids to me but I'm always surprised by what is or isn't deemed age appropriate by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I am a parent but as someone who is fairly lenient with what my kid reads and watches, I'm not the best judge of what other people find suitable for their kids. The new Cap seems safe enough for slightly older kids to me but I'm always surprised by what is or isn't deemed age appropriate by others.
    Same, honestly. I would let my kid read it, but then I've chatted with other parents at birthday parties who still send their 11-year-olds to bed at 7:30 so I've long since determined I'm more of a relaxed parent.

Man, Coates' run is just so freaking good. Today's issue was especially choice with the highlight for me being the Fisk/Carter scene. Coates writes Sharon like such a boss and I love it.

Very interested to see what's going to happen to Hydra Cap and the reveal of who (may have) taken down Ross was a pleasant surprise. Would love to see this character get to step on to a bigger stage.

I really hope Coates is digging in for a long stretch with Cap. Given the tracks he's laying down, it certainly seems like he is and I'm all for it.
    Same. Coates is doing an amazing job.

Yeah, Coates is doing a great job with this book.

I thought the conversation with the Wrecking Crew was pretty interesting (there's a sentence I never thought I'd ever say). And Sharons face off with Fisk was pretty cool too.

It's sort of neat how this book is mixing so many corners of the MU. We've got a Daredevil villain, an X villain, Thor vilains... there's a little bit of everything.