Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
SO agreed!! And I loooooovved the comicbook character CA being comforted by the comicbook character Captain Marvel!!! Wonder what Roger Awesome Stern has planned for him and Captain Marvel when the comicbook character Loki shows up after Under Siege in the one-shot come September 2019.
Totally looking forward to it. And thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
616!Cap is FAR from "cold and monolithic" but I can see why you would think that given both Brubaker and later Remender tried to 'modernize' Cap by making him more grimdark, which was popular storytelling at the time. re: all of his angst, none of his sense of humor or hobbies or idiosyncrasies. Me, I prefer Waid, Gruenwald, Stern and most recently, Coates. Might I suggest Captain America vol. 3 by Mark Waid. Sentinel of Liberty by Mark Waid. Man Out of Time by Mark Waid. Captain America No More/John Walker arc by Mark Gruenwald (#332-350), Cap!Wolf by Mark Gruenwald (#402-407) Steve as a comic book artist by Mark Gruenwald (#310-312). Roger Sterns run (#247-255). And, of course, the recent Coates run is fabulous. When you're done with that let me know, I have more!
Wonderful choices, capandkirby. I would also suggest the DeMatteis run as well. A consistently solid run where Steve's relationship with Bernie is further developed, and we get to meet more of his supporting cast. And Cap's villainous enemies get their time in the spotlight as well.