Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

That scene with Sharon and Kingpin was so satisfying as a Sharon fan. Such a great story so far.

I want to see the Daughters of Liberty do something soon though! Also I think they should have their own one-shot or an annual or something.

Spectacular Member

Okay, do I got this right?

Hydra Cap got out of prison and was on a plane with Alexa. Alexa trapped him on the plane with Selene and took him over?

I guess if Red Skull (the OG Red Skull, not that stupid Xavier clone) takes over his body, then it'll be just like old times. Red Skull will have a body duplicate of Steve Rogers.

I get why they did it (if that's what is actually going on). but how am I supposed to not see this as a downgrade? it was Stevil's mind that made him dangerous. he straight up outplayed the Red Skull. the Red Skull in his Stevil's body is Stevil-lite. hell, even Alexa is more competent than the Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Hydra Cap got out of prison and was on a plane with Alexa. Alexa trapped him on the plane with Selene and took him over?

I guess if Red Skull (the OG Red Skull, not that stupid Xavier clone) takes over his body, then it'll be just like old times. Red Skull will have a body duplicate of Steve Rogers.
    We're not entirely sure just what Selene did to Stevil yet, but you have the right of it.

Here's what we know for sure, Red Skull is currently in Aleksander Lukin's body:

RCO022.jpg

And whatever agenda Alexa has, Selene's may or may not be copacetic with it.

Selene.jpg
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-28-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Waiting for a response on this.
    Is it too much to ask that he was just melted/killed thereby bringing an end to the 2 Caps, Pleasantville, Hydra debacle to a close?

EDIT: A response seen.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    We're not entirely sure just what Selene did to Stevil yet, but you have the right of it.

Here's what we know for sure, Red Skull is currently in Aleksander Lukin's body:

RCO022.jpg

And whatever agenda Alexa has, Selene's may or may not be copacetic with it.

Selene.jpg
    Honestly, the main reason I feel Red Skull would be after Stevil's body is because that's his MO. He once set up this whole elaborate plan of using magic bullets, time markers, brain washing Sharon Carter, etc. because he wanted Steve's body (and I realize that that sounds so seedy, lol, comics, man). And he'll doubly feel Stevil owes him because Stevil only exists because of Red Skull's machination (and Stevil killed him). So, for me, at least, it looks very likely. But hey, Coates may throw a curve ball. Maybe it's a Red Herring.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-28-2019 at 08:38 AM.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Love that Straczynski quote, he is a brilliant writer (I miss Babylon 5, so good, in an age where everything is being remade, wonder why they haven't tried that one yet). But for me, that entire speech was amazing, not just the one panel. Those three pages were peak Captain America. Excellent, excellent writing. I once used these pages from Amazing Spider-Man #537 to convince a friend who had dismissed comics as being 'for children' and nothing but 'a bunch of fluff' that comics, at their best, are actually really deep, moving and insightful.

img_7172.jpg
    img_7173.jpg
    Spider-Man537(1).jpg
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-28-2019 at 09:00 AM.

My favorite Cap quote. I reference it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Love that Straczynski quote, he is a brilliant writer (I miss Babylon 5, so good, in an age where everything is being remade, wonder why they haven't tried that one yet). But for me, that entire speech was amazing, not just the one panel. Those three pages were peak Captain America. Excellent, excellent writing. I once used these pages from Amazing Spider-Man #537 to convince a friend who had dismissed comics as being 'for children' and nothing but 'a bunch of fluff' that comics, at their best, are actually really deep, moving and insightful.

img_7172.jpg
    img_7173.jpg
    Spider-Man537(1).jpg
    It's a shame Steve didn't sound like that in the main Civil war book. Millar I think was channelling a bit too much Ultimate Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's a shame Steve didn't sound like that in the main Civil war book. Millar I think was channelling a bit too much Ultimate Cap.
    I agree that Millar really didn't do a lot to paint the full portrait of Steve's POV. You had to read the New Avengers tie-in, the Black Panther tie-in, the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in and the Frontline series (I add the Frontline series to this list not because it presented Steve's POV, but because it shed a light on the horrible conditions of the Negative Zone, and the atrocities being committed against the unregistered there, which backed up what Steve feared would happen) to get a full picture of where Steve's thought process was and how much Civil War took an emotional toll on him. If you read just the Civil War book, without the tie-ins, Steve comes off more John Walker than Steve Rogers.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-28-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Steve's POV on Civil War through tie-ins (Part 1):

New Avengers #21 (this is just after SHIELD open fired on Cap for not agreeing to arrest superheroes who refused to register 2 weeks before the SHRA had passed):

Depressed to the point where he was wishing he had never been found in the ice, and worried about lobbyists controlling superheroes the way they do the government...

NewAvengers21(1).jpg
    NewAvengers21.JPG

Black Panther #18

Worried that the SHRA presumes guilt before innocence, that having powers does not automatically mean that person is a bad person and worried that the SHRA was actually profiling...

BlackPanther#18.jpg

Steve's POV on Civil War through tie-ins (Part 2):

Captain America and Iron Man: Casualties of War:

Steve was concerned that superheroes going public with their identities put them at greater risk...

CasualtiesofWar.jpg

He also feared that not all administrations are good ones (boy did that turn out to be prophetic) and that 'othering' people through registration would lead to something like the US internment camps during WW2...

CasualtiesofWar1.jpg

Steve's POV on Civil War through tie-ins (Part 3):

And as for that last one, worried that 'othering' people would cause poor treatment, Civil War Front Line #6 revealed the conditions of the Negative Zone:

Battlestar had shrapnel in his back because SHIELD creeped up on a secret meeting of unregistered and bombed them unaware. His injuries remained untreated and were keeping him up at night...

Front Line 6.JPG

(It always creeped me out that the prison cells are drawn with dirt floors, that's not even humane *shudder*)

The conditions were so bad that unregistered heroes were committing suicide while in the Negative Zone...

Front Line 6 (1).jpg

...So yeah, Steve's side was far, far more complicated and in-depth than Miller portrayed in the main book. And Steve had a lot of great points (no matter which side of the debate anyone falls on, a good point is a good point). It's just sad that a lot of people didn't get to see them because they weren't presented front and center.