Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What is Selene doing to Evil Steve anyway?
    All I can tell is that she is melting him down, maybe into Red Skull?
    But wouldn't Skull appreciate using Cap's face as he tried to take over Cap's body in Reborn

LOL this War of the Realms variant is amazing...

WoRvarient.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    But wouldn't Skull appreciate using Cap's face as he tried to take over Cap's body in Reborn
    yeah, it's extremely hard to tell what's going on. it's not how her energy draining ability is usually portrayed. she normally leaves dried out husks behind. it almost seemed like she burned Stevil's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Steve's POV on Civil War through tie-ins (Part 3):

And as for that last one, worried that 'othering' people would cause poor treatment, Civil War Front Line #6 revealed the conditions of the Negative Zone:

Battlestar had shrapnel in his back because SHIELD creeped up on a secret meeting of unregistered and bombed them unaware. His injuries remained untreated and were keeping him up at night...

Attachment 79086

(It always creeped me out that the prison cells are drawn with dirt floors, that's not even humane *shudder*)

The conditions were so bad that unregistered heroes were committing suicide while in the Negative Zone...

Attachment 79087
    don't know if this is the place to discuss it, but does that above stuff seem in character for Tony Stark and Reed Richards? does anyone really believe that Tony would leave another hero with untreated wounds in a dirty cell? i'd like to point to his treatment of the villains who have come after him. he offered at least three of them jobs at his company. he made a virtual reality world for Quasimodo where he could be as attractive and happy as he desired. Stark isn't a sadist. neither is Reed. there was poor writing throughout Civil War. they made both sides do monstrous things to justify a really silly street fight.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    LOL this War of the Realms variant is amazing...

WoRvarient.jpg
    Sif and Cap together is cute .
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    don't know if this is the place to discuss it, but does that above stuff seem in character for Tony Stark and Reed Richards? does anyone really believe that Tony would leave another hero with untreated wounds in a dirty cell? i'd like to point to his treatment of the villains who have come after him. he offered at least three of them jobs at his company. he made a virtual reality world for Quasimodo where he could be as attractive and happy as he desired. Stark isn't a sadist. neither is Reed. there was poor writing throughout Civil War. they made both sides do monstrous things to justify a really silly street fight.
    Characters acting in-character during Civil War? Wouldn't that be a surprise .

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I feel kinda bad for HydraCap. Here he is making his triumphant return, and 2 seconds later someone is already melting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    No, I do not believe that Tony Stark would treat unregistered superheroes that way. Wherein lies the problem with Civil War, Millar said it himself, he was writing an analogy of the Patriot Act. Which, fine, the debate between security vs. privacy is an interesting one, made more so by the entire Snowden situation. But... people are not reading comics for for a thinly veiled story about the Patriot Act, they are reading the comics for the characters. No one goes into a CBS shop and asks 'hey, you got any stories about the Patriot Act?' They usually go in and ask, 'has this month's Cap and/or Iron Man comic come out yet'. If you have to change the characters to fit the plot instead of writing the plot around the characters, you're going to have a shoddy product. Especially in a genre where these characters are decades old and their primers as far as personality are pretty much set.

As a side note, my posting those panels was not to start the entire team Iron Man vs. team Cap debate again, while I certainly have a preference, I understand and acknowledge that both sides had good points, my point was to support the case, as discussed in this thread, that the main Civil War book did a very poor job of highlighting Steve's side of things. The only emotion Steve was allowed to exhibit in the main book was anger, when in reality, he was torn up about the whole thing and there was logic to his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sif and Cap together is cute .
    That part is awesome. I also like the bit with Danny handing Luke a drink in a kitty cup with a swirly straw. And Logan feeding a Pegasus a carrot.

Characters acting in-character during Civil War? Wouldn't that be a surprise .
    My thoughts exactly.

I’m really digging Coates’ Sharon Carter. Working Kingpin, “deploying” the Daughters .... this may be my favorite take on her. Coates is on fire, and if you haven’t checked out his BP it’s well worth your while too.

I’m glad we’re getting a fully fleshed run through of post Secret Empire. Spencer owes Coates for this. I’m more convinced than ever that Spencer’s Empire could’ve been consolidated, condensed. The pay out is so much better given Cap’s current arc.

Anyone know how Strucker can take down Wrecker?

The scene between Sharon and Kingpin was so good. My favorite part of another wonderful issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’m really digging Coates’ Sharon Carter. Working Kingpin, “deploying” the Daughters .... this may be my favorite take on her. Coates is on fire, and if you haven’t checked out his BP it’s well worth your while too.

I’m glad we’re getting a fully fleshed run through of post Secret Empire. Spencer owes Coates for this. I’m more convinced than ever that Spencer’s Empire could’ve been consolidated, condensed. The pay out is so much better given Cap’s current arc.

Anyone know how Strucker can take down Wrecker?
    Yeah, I think they HAD to have somehow weakened Wrecker. That guy is a brick. Thor gets a bit of a workout taking on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think they HAD to have somehow weakened Wrecker. That guy is a brick. Thor gets a bit of a workout taking on that guy.
    My thoughts exactly. Of course there is always some magic depowering device laying around. We’ll see if Cap is affected. As I recall Strucker’s old Satans Claw was last seen either in Secret Warriors or Secret Avengers ... with Sharon. Maybe she’ll get to pound on the old Nazi.

Alex Ross covers just, just, just ... make me almost forget to read the comic book.

8F5E3736-DD2C-4DF3-94BF-43965E458028.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Alex Ross covers just, just, just ... make me almost forget to read the comic book.

8F5E3736-DD2C-4DF3-94BF-43965E458028.jpg
    Yeah he's the perfect fit for a Steve Rogers Captain America comic book.

just because I know that no one else is going to say it. it's weird that supervillains are allowed to keep all or parts of their costumes while in prison. I know it's because it is visually interesting and allows the readers to recognize them. but, logically, a guy with a flaming pumpkinhead is a safety violation. and Bulldozer was even wearing his little headpiece.