Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    You drew that? That's excellent work. You're very talented.
    Nah.

That was a quick drawing, I know I can draw a little better but I'm light years from a professional level.

But thanks, anyway.

Yu's artwork is STUNNING.
    yu alexa.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 03-15-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cap12.jpg

Per usual, the Alex Ross cover for Captain America #12 (from the June 2019 solicitations) is STUNNING.

And so is the variant by J. Totino Tedesco...

Cap12-1.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA #12
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • Adam Kubert (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    MARVELS 25TH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    “CAPTAIN OF NOTHING” CONCLUDES!
    Captain America is a fugitive! So Captain America must disappear! But that doesn’t mean that Steve Rogers has to give up the fight to prove his innocence and bring the true murderer to justice! It’s time for Cap to try something new!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

...very curious to know how Steve goes from "I'm going to turn myself in for reasons" to "Nah, I'ma channel Harrison Ford and go fugitive instead".

Spectacular Member

Has anyone heard anything about another arc from Coates after this, or anything about the title beyond issue 12 for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about another arc from Coates after this, or anything about the title beyond issue 12 for that matter?
    Vaguely. He mentioned in a Youtube interview I watched a couple months back that he hoped to be on the book for years to come. I'll have to dig through my history to find the exact interview. I think it took place in Australia, and someone made the statement in their question that he'd already been on the book for years and he corrected them to say he just started, but that he hoped he was on it for years to come.

Steve's highlights from Avengers #17...

avengers17.JPG
    avengers17-1.jpg
    avengers17-2.jpg

Steve also showed up in Uncanny X-Men (wanting to talk to Scott) and in Spider-Man Life Story (talking to Spidey who asks him if he should sign up for the Vietnam War).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve also showed up in Uncanny X-Men (wanting to talk to Scott) and in Spider-Man Life Story (talking to Spidey who asks him if he should sign up for the Vietnam War).
    Thanks for the information! I'll see if my CBS has extra copies of Spider-Man on hand, I didn't know to pre-order it, if not I'll buy digitally.

BANNED

So Chip Zdarsky has this series called Spider-Man Life Story. It's an AU that explores what Spider-Man's life would have been like had he aged in real time, and that involves placing him and other Marvel characters in a historic time.

So Issue #1 has Steve Rogers and in a pretty interesting way and Cap fans should check this out.

spoilers:
    Iron Man is shown active in Vietnam, which is consistent to his original appearance. But Steve Rogers is shown having doubts about the rightness of the Vietnam War. And in the end, he's shown going renegade protecting civilians from both sides in that conflict
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So Chip Zdarsky has this series called Spider-Man Life Story. It's an AU that explores what Spider-Man's life would have been like had he aged in real time, and that involves placing him and other Marvel characters in a historic time.

So Issue #1 has Steve Rogers and in a pretty interesting way and Cap fans should check this out.

spoilers:
    Iron Man is shown active in Vietnam, which is consistent to his original appearance. But Steve Rogers is shown having doubts about the rightness of the Vietnam War. And in the end, he's shown going renegade protecting civilians from both sides in that conflict
    end of spoilers
    Wow, this sounds amazing. As for the spoilers... I actually love that. Like, a lot. I swear Zdarsky is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Oh I definitely need this in floppy. Digital just won't do.

Was thumbing through my digital account and saw that they just released the Captain America: The Superia Stratagem collection. Oh god, why? I love me some Gruenwald, but that just wasn't his best arc. It's so 80's, so, so very 80's. I always felt like Gruenwald had watched Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death the weekend prior and thought, hmmm, how can I make this into a Cap story?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Rasputin and Alexa quick drawing for Fun.

Attachment 79731

This is awesome !

Decided to go with both digital and floppy since I couldn't wait till I get off of work to read it, and wow. Just a few pages in and already I love this. This is gorgeous writing. Zdarsky writes one hell of a Steve Rogers...

steveandpeter.jpg

BANNED

I like the Peter Parker and Cap bond more than the Peter Parker and Iron Man bond. Obviously Marvel brand politics went with the latter but in a character sense the first always made more sense.

I love the JMS era where Peter hung out with Cap a lot, and said once that Cap reminds him of his Uncle Ben