Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, why is Ironheart on there?

Fact Channel was also Silk's employer when she had her own book.

Steve's in Uncanny X-Men #15 next week:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...anny-x-men-15/
    I always cringe when I hear that Steve is going to appear in an X-Men book because I'm convinced that even if Steve were there taking a bullet for Cyclops there would still be a thousand and one bad faith readings on him the next day from that side of fandom, but these preview pages look okay and in-character for Steve so I guess I'll hold out tentative hope that Rosenberg's run isn't going to start another slew of "Steve Rogers must die" from X-Men fans while I sit here like "gee, thanks for wishing my favorite character of 30 years dead, that doesn't suck for me and other Cap fans at all, nope".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Ah, didn't know that. Good to know. Thank you.
    You're welcome.

Fact Channel was also Silk's employer when she had her own book.

Steve's in Uncanny X-Men #15 next week:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...anny-x-men-15/
    Thanks. Couldn't figure out where to insert that factoid about Silk (and Jonah's almost paternal relationship with her), so I omitted it. Sorry about that.

As for the preview . . . well, I'm gonna err on the side of diplomacy and say that Steve is sincerely trying to help, even if he can't do very much for the X-Men given all the public scrutiny aimed his (and the Avengers') way as of late. While he might have a point, though, about the collateral damage of the X-Men's battles that might be somewhat responsible for increased fear of mutants by normal humans, he's kind of in a glass house in light of all the collateral damage the Avengers could also be held responsible for, especially given the likes of the Hulk and Ultron (Hulk was a founding Avenger, and Ultron was a creation of a founding Avenger that went genocidal).

Despite the Avengers generally enjoying better publicity even on their worst days than the X-Men ever have, the original Civil War did raise a very good point, badly handled as it was, that it wouldn't take that much for the general public to turn on everyone with powers as opposed to just those with an X-gene. Not to mention, as of the current arc in his own comic, the U.S. government has him as public enemy number one . . . which isn't so different from where mutants as a whole, and the X-Men in particular, have been for most of their published history. In that light, I'm fine seeing him doing what he can to help, just like the Star-Spangled Sentinel of Liberty he is, because as another red-white-and-blue hero from another iconic franchise said: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He was actually in issue 11 as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He was actually in issue 11 as well.
    Which did unfortunately ruffle a lot of feathers in the X-Boards and led to pretty much exactly what capandkirby was talking about. Granted, I thought Steve had no business being there, even if he was just standing guard to prevent an outbreak of violence, since bringing the Star-Spangled Sentinel of Liberty to guard a rally where medical genocide of mutants was being openly touted and endorsed was just very, very bad optics, especially given America's real-world history of institutionalized bigotry in medicine and health. That said, I didn't think he deserved to have death wished upon him and I thought it was just bad form on Rosenberg's part to have him in that situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome.

Thanks. Couldn't figure out where to insert that factoid about Silk (and Jonah's almost paternal relationship with her), so I omitted it. Sorry about that.

As for the preview . . . well, I'm gonna err on the side of diplomacy and say that Steve is sincerely trying to help, even if he can't do very much for the X-Men given all the public scrutiny aimed his (and the Avengers') way as of late. While he might have a point, though, about the collateral damage of the X-Men's battles that might be somewhat responsible for increased fear of mutants by normal humans, he's kind of in a glass house in light of all the collateral damage the Avengers could also be held responsible for, especially given the likes of the Hulk and Ultron (Hulk was a founding Avenger, and Ultron was a creation of a founding Avenger that went genocidal).

Despite the Avengers generally enjoying better publicity even on their worst days than the X-Men ever have, the original Civil War did raise a very good point, badly handled as it was, that it wouldn't take that much for the general public to turn on everyone with powers as opposed to just those with an X-gene. Not to mention, as of the current arc in his own comic, the U.S. government has him as public enemy number one . . . which isn't so different from where mutants as a whole, and the X-Men in particular, have been for most of their published history. In that light, I'm fine seeing him doing what he can to help, just like the Star-Spangled Sentinel of Liberty he is, because as another red-white-and-blue hero from another iconic franchise said: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
    The thing is though, when the Avengers cause collateral damage Stark usually pays for it. When any other heroes cause it, they usually just take off when or before the cops arrive.

That said, Steve in his own book is sitting in a jail cell right now, so clearly his own rep isn't exactly what it used to be.

All that said, I overall like the preview. My ONE complaint is that if this is the first time Steve is seeing Logan alive, it's pretty lame how low key it's being handled. Not that I ever thought Logan and Steve were exactly the best of friends, but I thought we would get bit more than that.

You're welcome.

I agree with this, it is a fair analysis. I too think he's trying to help. For the past decade, since Civil War, Steve's biggest struggle, at least the theme the writing staff at Marvel keep revisiting, has been the line between freedom and security. Recent events, re: Secret Empire, has shown him that Americans seemingly prefer security over freedom/human rights, and as such I think he's coming to Scott from a genuine place.

Hydra!Cap was supported by a large segment of the population while he was running things. We saw that in the early Secret Empire panels and we're seeing it in the current Cap book when Alexa talked about middle America being 'forgotten' and just ripe for Russian takeover.

So that's why I think Cap said what he did, at least, having not read Uncanny X-Men, and seeing just these new pages, that's how I'm taking it. Cap's fear for the country is that they're primed for another Stevil to come along and that the public will use literally any excuse. The abundance of hostility towards the X-Men AND, to a lesser degree, towards the Avengers (because right now the American public isn't supporting them, either, thinking them 'traitors' for electing T'Challa chair) could easily make that happen.

Plus, there was this from Saladin Ahmed's recent Miles Morales issue...

MilesMorales.jpg

What we can infer here is that Steve has been secretly trying to help the X-Men, assuming Ahmed and Rosenberg talked about it beforehand and planned this.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 03-28-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is though, when the Avengers cause collateral damage Stark usually pays for it. When any other heroes cause it, they usually just take off when or before the cops arrive.

That said, Steve in his own book is sitting in a jail cell right now, so clearly his own rep isn't exactly what it used to be.

All that said, I overall like the preview. My ONE complaint is that if this is the first time Steve is seeing Logan alive, it's pretty lame how low key it's being handled. Not that I ever thought Logan and Steve were exactly the best of friends, but I thought we would get bit more than that.
    Yeah, what's up with that?! During Waid's short Cap run last year Logan was actually looking for Steve. He appeared in the same issue as Kraven (I think it was that issue, I'll have to double check). Even referred to Steve as 'friend'. So what gives?!

Yeah, what's up with that?! During Waid's short Cap run last year Logan was actually looking for Steve. He appeared in the same issue as Kraven (I think it was that issue, I'll have to double check). Even referred to Steve as 'friend'. So what gives?!
    Yup, found it, Cap #697...

Logan.jpg

Which did unfortunately ruffle a lot of feathers in the X-Boards and led to pretty much exactly what capandkirby was talking about. Granted, I thought Steve had no business being there, even if he was just standing guard to prevent an outbreak of violence, since bringing the Star-Spangled Sentinel of Liberty to guard a rally where medical genocide of mutants was being openly touted and endorsed was just very, very bad optics, especially given America's real-world history of institutionalized bigotry in medicine and health. That said, I didn't think he deserved to have death wished upon him and I thought it was just bad form on Rosenberg's part to have him in that situation in the first place.
    Like I said, the only reason I think Cap (and Bucky and Natasha) were there was because Cap fears that the country is primed for another Stevil to come along and take over and that the public will use ANY excuse to turn on all super-powered people, X-Men and Avengers alike. And to be fair, that's exactly what the Lukins are trying to do in Cap's run, re: take over. I mean, Alexa has stated this bluntly...

Alexa.jpg

Forgot to mention in all this that at the same time Russia has the Winter Guard and America has the Squadron Supreme, all ready and willing to go war with each other, while Steve's trying to resolve things with Atlantis/Namor without it coming to war, at least on that front. Steve is trying to keep peace everywhere.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 03-28-2019 at 04:15 PM.

I agree with this, it is a fair analysis. I too think he's trying to help. For the past decade, since Civil War, Steve's biggest struggle, at least the theme the writing staff at Marvel keep revisiting, has been the line between freedom and security. Recent events, re: Secret Empire, has shown him that Americans seemingly prefer security over freedom/human rights, and as such I think he's coming to Scott from a genuine place.

Hydra!Cap was supported by a large segment of the population while he was running things. We saw that in the early Secret Empire panels and we're seeing it in the current Cap book when Alexa talked about middle America being 'forgotten' and just ripe for Russian takeover.

So that's why I think Cap said what he did, at least, having not read Uncanny X-Men, and seeing just these new pages, that's how I'm taking it. Cap's fear for the country is that they're primed for another Stevil to come along and that the public will use literally any excuse. The abundance of hostility towards the X-Men AND, to a lesser degree, towards the Avengers (because right now the American public isn't supporting them, either, thinking them 'traitors' for electing T'Challa chair) could easily make that happen.

Plus, there was this from Saladin Ahmed's recent Miles Morales issue...

MilesMorales.jpg

What we can infer here is that Steve has been secretly trying to help the X-Men, assuming Ahmed and Rosenberg talked about it beforehand and planned this.
    Like I said, the only reason I think Cap (and Bucky and Natasha) were there was because Cap fears that the country is primed for another Stevil to come along and take over and that the public will use ANY excuse to turn on all super-powered people, X-Men and Avengers alike. And to be fair, that's exactly what the Lukins are trying to do in Cap's run, re: take over. I mean, Alexa has stated this bluntly...

Alexa.jpg

Forgot to mention in all this that at the same time Russia has the Winter Guard and America has the Squadron Supreme, all ready and willing to go war with each other, while Steve's trying to resolve things with Atlantis/Namor without it coming to war, at least on that front. Steve is trying to keep peace everywhere.
    Good points as well. Even he can only do so much, especially from his own compromised standing with the American public (forget the government, at this point).

Yup, found it, Cap #697...

Logan.jpg
    That's before Infinity Countdown and Infinity Wars. Could they have met during that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's before Infinity Countdown and Infinity Wars. Could they have met during that?
    I usually try to stay on-top of all of Steve's appearances (except for the X-Men books, as we've already discussed) but I actually don't know the answer to this. I want to say no? At least not to my knowledge.

Brevoort, you've got some 'splaining to do!!!!!

https://www.newsarama.com/44516-capt...k-a-month.html

I was wondering, does Captain America have a current love interest?

He never had a predominant love interest? Right? Except Bernie and Sharon.

I usually try to stay on-top of all of Steve's appearances (except for the X-Men books, as we've already discussed) but I actually don't know the answer to this. I want to say no? At least not to my knowledge.
    People over the X-board are suspecting Mystique posing as Steve. So, it’s not the real Steve .. allegedly.