Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I was wondering, does Captain America have a current love interest?

He never had a predominant love interest? Right? Except Bernie and Sharon.
    Steve is a bit of a serial monogamous. He has had multiple girlfriends, but most of them (Connie Ferrari and Miranda Pritchett notwithstanding) have been very long-term. As in years. Right now he's with Sharon Carter, he's been with her this second time since around 2005-2006 in the comics, to give an indication of what I mean. His other long-term girlfriends have been Bernie, as you said (and whom he was actually engaged to at one point) and also Rachel Leighton (Diamondback, currently in the Domino: Hotshots series). He was with Bernie from Stern thru DeMatteis and the beginning of Gruenwald, and then with Rachel for the rest of Gruenwald (and Gruenwald had a ten year run, so....). He got back together with Sharon at the beginning of Brubaker's volume 5 and has been with her ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Steve is a bit of a serial monogamous. He has had multiple girlfriends, but most of them (Connie Ferrari and Miranda Pritchett notwithstanding) have been very long-term. As in years. Right now he's with Sharon Carter, he's been with her this second time since around 2005-2006 in the comics, to give an indication of what I mean. His other long-term girlfriends have been Bernie, as you said (and whom he was actually engaged to at one point) and also Rachel Leighton (Diamondback, currently in the Domino: Hotshots series). He was with Bernie from Stern thru DeMatteis and the beginning of Gruenwald, and then with Rachel for the rest of Gruenwald (and Gruenwald had a ten year run, so....). He got back together with Sharon at the beginning of Brubaker's volume 5 and has been with her ever since.
    WOW he was with Diamondback for a long time. Isn’t she like a not “good girl”? How could Steve pull someone like her

WOW he was with Diamondback for a long time. Isn’t she like a not “good girl”? How could Steve pull someone like her
    Actually, I LOVE how they got together, because it kinda switched some gender tropes around on their head. Especially for 80's comics. Diamondback pursued Steve, not the other way around. She actually tried to get him to sleep with her before they were dating because she was attracted to him, but Steve was the shy little pure flower who didn't know what to make of her. He told her he only did those kinds of things with people he loved, all affronted that she would proposition him like that, lol. She eventually wore him down, and got him to agree to go out with her by pulling the 'we're friends, aren't we, and friends go out and do things together' card. And then, on their first date, she had Black Mamba and Asp trailing them so no super villains would interrupt their date, Steve completely oblivious to what was going on behind the scenes. It was hilarious. I love Sharon, but I do miss his relationship with Rachel a lot. She was good for him, got him out of his shell.

Actually, I LOVE how they got together, because it kinda switched some gender tropes around on their head. Especially for 80's comics. Diamondback pursued Steve, not the other way around. She actually tried to get him to sleep with her before they were dating because she was attracted to him, but Steve was the shy little pure flower who didn't know what to make of her. He told her he only did those kinds of things with people he loved, all affronted that she would proposition him like that, lol. She eventually wore him down, and got him to agree to go out with her by pulling the 'we're friends, aren't we, and friends go out and do things together' card. And then, on their first date, she had Black Mamba and Asp trailing them so no super villains would interrupt their date, Steve completely oblivious to what was going on behind the scenes. It was hilarious. I love Sharon, but I do miss his relationship with Rachel a lot. She was good for him, got him out of his shell.
    Did they end up smashing? Jeez. I’m so messy.

Steve is a bit too old school, I remember Sharon was pregnant during CW and lost the baby. I’m still waiting for Steve to marry and have kids. Out of all superheroes I’d expect him to be the one with a cute family. The American Dream.

People over the X-board are suspecting Mystique posing as Steve. So, it’s not the real Steve .. allegedly.
    Wolverine should be able to tell though, shouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wolverine should be able to tell though, shouldn't he?
    Mystique got better at hiding her essence from Logan after she was resurrected in Aaron's Wolverine run, so is possible.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Mystique got better at hiding her essence from Logan after she was resurrected in Aaron's Wolverine run, so is possible.
    Or plot convenience.

Power scaling in comics are inconsistent it all depends on the story and the writer.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Agreed. To me, it has a similar kind of charm to the Spider-Man/Black Cat pairing, and why Black Cat and Diamondback aren't friends . . . or why Diamondback isn't in on this Daughters of Liberty alliance . . . is beyond me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Diamondback was actually my favorite of his love interests... to this day I still am a little bummed that didn't work out. Sharon and Steve are actually a lot alike and to a degree that's a little boring... no offense, I like Sharon. But Diamondback was obviously very very different than Steve, and that created a sort of fun contrast.

Did they end up smashing? Jeez. I’m so messy.

Steve is a bit too old school, I remember Sharon was pregnant during CW and lost the baby. I’m still waiting for Steve to marry and have kids. Out of all superheroes I’d expect him to be the one with a cute family. The American Dream.
    If Steve & Rachel shared a bedroom (which they definitely did during the Gruenwald run) then yes they smashed, did the mattress mambo, hopped on the good foot & did the bad thing, etc, and while I remember the Cap/Diamondback run (sidenote: If Diamondback & Songbird meet up them trading relationship stories about Cap & Baron Zemo would be comic gold )between Sharon, Rachel, Bernie Rosenthal, to name a few Steve kind strikes me as having Matt Murdock's luck when it comes to marriage. Hell Steve Rogers, Matt Murdock, and Peter Parker might as well change their surnames to Cartwright ( fans of the show Bonanza will get that reference )
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

I was wondering, does Captain America have a current love interest?

He never had a predominant love interest? Right? Except Bernie and Sharon.
    Sharon was his last one. I think it cooled off due to Hydra Cap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    If Steve & Rachel shared a bedroom (which they definitely did during the Gruenwald run) then yes they smashed, did the mattress mambo, hopped on the good foot & did the bad thing, etc, and while I remember the Cap/Diamondback run (sidenote: If Diamondback & Songbird meet up them trading relationship stories about Cap & Baron Zemo would be comic gold )between Sharon, Rachel, Bernie Rosenthal, to name a few Steve kind strikes me as having Matt Murdock's luck when it comes to marriage. Hell Steve Rogers, Matt Murdock, and Peter Parker might as well change their surnames to Cartwright ( fans of the show Bonanza will get that reference )
    Personally, i prefer to call it the Horizontal Mambo
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sharon was his last one. I think it cooled off due to Hydra Cap.
    They seem to still be a couple in the current run.

Seems like Diamondback is a fan favourite. Why did they break up?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ah, the Cartwright Curse, as TV Tropes put it.

Seems like Diamondback is a fan favourite. Why did they break up?
    Marvel being stupid, most likely.
    The spider is always on the hunt.