Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Steve raising kids is what I’m looking for. Bbbuuuttt~ Cuckoos are not kids.

What Steve should do is shoot his wad into Sharon and have us read mini-Steve
    At one point Sharon was pregnant by Steve. During Brubaker's run, though by the time Sharon found out she was pregnant Steve was already "dead". Unfortunately, though, Sin stabbed her in the stomach, killing the baby and most likely any chance Sharon had of getting pregnant again. But everyone is right, Steve makes an excellent father, he raised Ian (Zola's test tube baby) for the first handful of years in Dimension Z during Remender's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Anyone know what cap's military rank is. Is he like a brigadier?
    RE: Christopher Priest, Steve is the equivalent of a one star general.

Rank.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be an interesting theory. Personally, I'm more concerned about what's going to happen with Captain America now that he knows he may well have unwittingly opened the door to decades of brutal human exploitation, experimentation, and weaponization in the name of eliminating mutants. Given how the current run of his own series has been severely testing his faith in his own ideals and whether or not he and America are still on the same page anymore . . .
    Steve will react with horror and guilt, even though none of it was in any way his fault, because they didn't tell him any of what the true intentions of Weapons Plus was when he signed up for Project Rebirth, he was a poor, sickly, 18-year-old kid who naively thought he was JUST signing up to help the war. Shocking that they kept him in the dark to what their true intents were, just shocking behavior for them *she says dryly*. And the important thing to note here is that Weapons Plus consider Steve a failure, because he has the nerve to think for himself and not be a mindless soldier. But anyway, his reaction will be shock and horror, dismayed at the horrors and lows to which Weapons Plus sinks, just as his reaction was during Truth: Red, White and Black when he found out about the experimentation that came before him and just like it was during The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I mean, we already have a precedence for Steve's reaction to the extent of the Weapons Plus depravity, it makes him sick.

The thought of Steve being the father of those girls is interesting, and I certainly wouldn't mind it, BUT there are not a lot of X-Men writers I trust with Steve at the moment, so I'm not sure if I trust how that thread might be explored. If whoever tackles that tries to paint Steve as a mouthpiece for the government, when, in reality, in his own runs he's opposing them constantly, then no thanks. Hard pass. That said, I did like Weapon Plus and Ethan Sacks has mentioned on Twitter that he's a Cap fan, so if he's the one writing it, or maybe Ed Brisson, then...okay. I'd bite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    huh cool, was that ever referenced in any other story you know of?

huh cool, was that ever referenced in any other story you know of?
    Only vaguely, off the top of my head anyway. For example, his massive army back-pay check for the time he spent on the ice and other instances like that. Originally, with how Kirby and Simon set it up, Steve wasn't actually enrolled in the Army through traditional means. He was a special operative who reported directly to Roosevelt. His time at Camp Lehigh was a cover. In the comics he had already been fully trained in combat and had the serum long before he ever set foot in Camp Lehigh. He had to pretend to be an incompetent cadet by day so he could go out and fight nazis by night.

Roosevelt.JPG
    Roosevelt1.JPG

His promotion to one star general was most likely a battlefield promotion, which was common in WW1 and WW2.

BANNED

Only vaguely, off the top of my head anyway. For example, his massive army back-pay check for the time he spent on the ice and other instances like that. Originally, with how Kirby and Simon set it up, Steve wasn't actually enrolled in the Army through traditional means. He was a special operative who reported directly to Roosevelt. His time at Camp Lehigh was a cover. In the comics he had already been fully trained in combat and had the serum long before he ever set foot in Camp Lehigh. He had to pretend to be an incompetent cadet by day so he could go out and fight nazis by night.

Roosevelt.JPG
    Roosevelt1.JPG

His promotion to one star general was most likely a battlefield promotion, which was common in WW1 and WW2.
    oh so he's like carol. She also got promoted to colonel on account of secret missions under air force intelligence for exemplary service even if she didn't really fulfill the official requirements
    speaking of which it's funny how Steve jokes about getting carol demoted because she "technically" outranks him as in KSD or Ellis run where she "joked" about outranking him. I wonder if that's just people not remembering priest's mention of his rank, that comic wasn't super popular I think.

oh so he's like carol. She also got promoted to colonel on account of secret missions under air force intelligence for exemplary service even if she didn't really fulfill the official requirements
    speaking of which it's funny how Steve jokes about getting carol demoted because she "technically" outranks him as in KSD or Ellis run where she "joked" about outranking him. I wonder if that's just people not remembering priest's mention of his rank, that comic wasn't super popular I think.
    Yeah, I wondered about that during Kelley Sue's run, where Steve joked about Carol getting demoted. I wonder who is the editor of Carol's books? I actually have the current one on my pull list but I've honestly never paid attention to that detail. Brevoort, who's done the Cap books for YEARS and who was the one who came up with the idea for Priest's Captain America and the Falcon book in 2002 should definitely know.

...never mind, just looked it up. Brevoort is also an editor on Captain Marvel. BREVOORT!!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just saw your reply. So sorry for being late but tbh I never understood Peters comparison to Tony. I know his IQ has always been high and **** but I don’t remember Spidey doing groundbreaking inventions like Tony. I think Spidey and Steve have more in common because of their background. Their righteousness too.

I have no clue on Military ranks. Isn’t he a captain because “Captain” America. Holy crap I’m bad at this.
    Pretty much this, although at least some of the stuff Peter invented (mainly the web-fluid) would be very groundbreaking if he'd ever market it instead of just using it for crimefighting. That said, the similarities between Peter Parker and Steve Rogers are generally why I'd have rather seen Steve as Peter's mentor, not to mention more interaction between them in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    At least in the Ultimate Universe, the Red Skull was the son of Steve.
    And that was a memory I didn't need dredged up. Mark Millar and his need for pointless edge and grimdark.

At one point Sharon was pregnant by Steve. During Brubaker's run, though by the time Sharon found out she was pregnant Steve was already "dead". Unfortunately, though, Sin stabbed her in the stomach, killing the baby and most likely any chance Sharon had of getting pregnant again. But everyone is right, Steve makes an excellent father, he raised Ian (Zola's test tube baby) for the first handful of years in Dimension Z during Remender's run.

Rank.JPG

Steve will react with horror and guilt, even though none of it was in any way his fault, because they didn't tell him any of what the true intentions of Weapons Plus was when he signed up for Project Rebirth, he was a poor, sickly, 18-year-old kid who naively thought he was JUST signing up to help the war. Shocking that they kept him in the dark to what their true intents were, just shocking behavior for them *she says dryly*. And the important thing to note here is that Weapons Plus consider Steve a failure, because he has the nerve to think for himself and not be a mindless soldier. But anyway, his reaction will be shock and horror, dismayed at the horrors and lows to which Weapons Plus sinks, just as his reaction was during Truth: Red, White and Black when he found out about the experimentation that came before him and just like it was during The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I mean, we already have a precedence for Steve's reaction to the extent of the Weapons Plus depravity, it makes him sick.

The thought of Steve being the father of those girls is interesting, and I certainly wouldn't mind it, BUT there are not a lot of X-Men writers I trust with Steve at the moment, so I'm not sure if I trust how that thread might be explored. If whoever tackles that tries to paint Steve as a mouthpiece for the government, when, in reality, in his own runs he's opposing them constantly, then no thanks. Hard pass. That said, I did like Weapon Plus and Ethan Sacks has mentioned on Twitter that he's a Cap fan, so if he's the one writing it, or maybe Ed Brisson, then...okay. I'd bite.
    Yeah, that would be Steve's in-character reaction. Come to think of it, he seemed just as horrified when the recording of Fantomex he and Wolverine found revealed that truth to him in the comic itself. Definitely would be interesting to see where he goes from there in this continuing saga.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, I wondered about that during Kelley Sue's run, where Steve joked about Carol getting demoted. I wonder who is the editor of Carol's books? I actually have the current one on my pull list but I've honestly never paid attention to that detail. Brevoort, who's done the Cap books for YEARS and who was the one who came up with the idea for Priest's Captain America and the Falcon book in 2002 should definitely know.

...never mind, just looked it up. Brevoort is also an editor on Captain Marvel. BREVOORT!!!!
    Not to be a nitpicker, but I thought Priest's Captain America & the Falcon was in 2004.

You mean the stab caused reproductive complications that prevent Sharon from having kids?
    Regardless, Isn’t she in an old state now, I doubt it’s possible.

What a way to bust my bubble, Marvel

Rank.JPG
    Is that a higher rank than a Captain?

Wait, up until now Steve had no clue about the atrocities committed under the Weapon project?

I’d rather Steve have kids with Sharon. Similar to you, I don’t want any of the X- Writers handling him, the writers are barely writing X-Characters right ... let alone Steve.

Pretty much this, although at least some of the stuff Peter invented (mainly the web-fluid) would be very groundbreaking if he'd ever market it instead of just using it for crimefighting. That said, the similarities between Peter Parker and Steve Rogers are generally why I'd have rather seen Steve as Peter's mentor, not to mention more interaction between them in the MCU.
    That’s True, Peter don’t use his intelligence to profit. He needs to start capitalising over his invention. If he’d spend quality time with Tony, he would know how to do it right. In comics, Peter and Tony relationship isn’t like the one on the MCU. Even during Civil War(comics) I found it weird how Peter sided with Iron Man. He shoulda been on Caps side since the beginning.

Yeah, that would be Steve's in-character reaction. Come to think of it, he seemed just as horrified when the recording of Fantomex he and Wolverine found revealed that truth to him in the comic itself. Definitely would be interesting to see where he goes from there in this continuing saga.
    When did this happen? Do u know the issue?

BANNED

i remember pete tried to market his web fluid as an industrial level adhesive, but it dissolves in 1 hour so lol
    he also had parker industries, which he blew up for the greater good.

BANNED

Captain America #175 Jul 1974
    Cyclops and Marvel Girl from the original X-Men guest star in "Before the Dawn!"
    Gloating over the deaths of the heroes, Number One of the Secret Empire orders their corpses dumped in the dungeon like so much garbage.
    Suddenly Captain America awakens to discover that Number 68, who shot them down with the death ray,
    is really Gabe Jones, undercover operative for SHIELD, and he set the weapon to a non-lethal charge.
    He is accompanied by Peggy Carter, and they fill in Cap on the history of the enemy organization.

Meanwhile, the villains’ plans are proceeding apace: the mutants are being used to power a huge flying saucer,
    with the stolen electron-gyro to guide it; next stop: Washington DC and the conquest of America.
    The flying saucer lands on the White House lawn and is quickly surrounded by military forces and media coverage.
    Number One appears on a viewscreen and demands America’s surrender.
    The Army opens fire but a mutant-generated force field stops all damage.
    Moonstone arrives and challenges the invaders to a fight.
    The armor-clad Number Two emerges from the saucer and quickly defeats the phony "hero," taking him "prisoner."
    Moonstone soon emerges from the craft and makes a plea to the public that resistance is futile—
    the nation is already defeated, since Secret Empire minions have been planting atomic explosives in major US cities.

Inside the craft, though, Cap, Falcon, Cyclops and Marvel Girl are released from their hiding place by Gabe and Peggy.
    The heroes seize control of the craft, shut off the mutant energy drain, and locate a list of the locations of the bombs.
    Captain America assaults Number One from behind, then squares off against Moonstone.
    The enraged Cap quickly defeats his foe. Quentin Harderman pretends that Moonstone had fooled him too but the overcome villain
    reveals to the watching TV audience that Harderman was the mastermind behind the plot to discredit Captain America.

The villains are rounded up but Cap sees Number One fleeing into the White House.
    Cap corners him in the building and unmasks him—and is shocked that the mastermind is a well-known statesman.
    The secret villain confesses that organized this coup because he wanted greater power than high office could offer before killing himself with a gunshot.
    The stunned Captain America slowly leaves the building, disillusioned by this betrayal of all of the national ideals he trusted and embodied.

Script by Steve Englehart, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Vince Colletta.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That’s True, Peter don’t use his intelligence to profit. He needs to start capitalising over his invention. If he’d spend quality time with Tony, he would know how to do it right. In comics, Peter and Tony relationship isn’t like the one on the MCU. Even during Civil War(comics) I found it weird how Peter sided with Iron Man. He shoulda been on Caps side since the beginning.

When did this happen? Do u know the issue?
    I remember that. Tony took Peter under his wing after New Avengers got started, helped set up Peter's family (consisting of Mary Jane and Aunt May) in Stark Tower with the Avengers after a former acquaintance of Peter's who became a villain destroyed their home, and built Peter a cool new Iron Spider Armor after he died and came back in The Other: Evolve or Die, so Peter felt like he owed Tony a lot for all Tony had done for him and his family. That was a big part of the reason he initially sided with Iron Man instead of Captain America, even with the danger to his family should his secret identity be publicized, at least until certain events made it impossible for him to remain there.

As for Captain America and his reaction to Weapon Plus, it happened in the Captain America & Wolverine team-up one-shot that came out yesterday.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I remember that. Tony took Peter under his wing after New Avengers got started, helped set up Peter's family (consisting of Mary Jane and Aunt May) in Stark Tower with the Avengers after a former acquaintance of Peter's who became a villain destroyed their home, and built Peter a cool new Iron Spider Armor after he died and came back in The Other: Evolve or Die, so Peter felt like he owed Tony a lot for all Tony had done for him and his family. That was a big part of the reason he initially sided with Iron Man instead of Captain America, even with the danger to his family should his secret identity be publicized, at least until certain events made it impossible for him to remain there.

As for Captain America and his reaction to Weapon Plus, it happened in the Captain America & Wolverine team-up one-shot that came out yesterday.
    True. Wasn’t like Aunt May and Jarvis dating?

Oh really? There’s a one shot with Wolverine and Captain? I’ve to check out

You mean the stab caused reproductive complications that prevent Sharon from having kids?
    Regardless, Isn’t she in an old state now, I doubt it’s possible.

What a way to bust my bubble, Marvel

Is that a higher rank than a Captain?

Wait, up until now Steve had no clue about the atrocities committed under the Weapon project?

I’d rather Steve have kids with Sharon. Similar to you, I don’t want any of the X- Writers handling him, the writers are barely writing X-Characters right ... let alone Steve.
    Yes, Army Officer ranks are as follows:
    SECOND LIEUTENANT
    FIRST LIEUTENANT
    CAPTAIN
    MAJOR
    LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    COLONEL
    BRIGADIER GENERAL (this is Steve's rank, according to the Captain America and the Falcon run)
    MAJOR GENERAL
    LIEUTENANT GENERAL
    GENERAL

When Steve first signed up? No. They didn't tell him anything. He thought Project Rebirth was strictly about helping the WW2 effort. And Steve had nothing to lose. He was poor, with no family left alive, very young (17 when recruited, 18 when receiving the serum) and sickly. He always figured these things were why he appealed to them. But gradually, through the years, and in various storytelling, he's found out more and more, and with each bit of knowledge he's gained he gets more and more horrified. If you want some reading suggestions on this read Truth: Red, White and Black by Robert Morales and Deadpool: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Brian Posehn (Cap and Wolverine teamed up with Deadpool to undercover some Weapon Plus cloning atrocities).

Here are some pages from Truth:

truth1.jpg
    truth2.jpg
    truth3.jpg

Steve Rogers is a good man. He says it there, clearly, if he could take away all the pain and suffering Isiah Bradley endured through Weapons Plus program and take it onto himself, he would. So that's why I said there's already a precedence set for his reaction to the horrible things that the Weapons Plus program does.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Not to be a nitpicker, but I thought Priest's Captain America & the Falcon was in 2004.
    You are correct, good catch! Thank you! Got my years mixed up.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capandkirby View Post
    Yes, Army Officer ranks are as follows:
    SECOND LIEUTENANT
    FIRST LIEUTENANT
    CAPTAIN
    MAJOR
    LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    COLONEL
    BRIGADIER GENERAL (this is Steve's rank, according to the Captain America and the Falcon run)
    MAJOR GENERAL
    LIEUTENANT GENERAL
    GENERAL

When Steve first signed up? No. They didn't tell him anything. He thought Project Rebirth was strictly about helping the WW2 effort. And Steve had nothing to lose. He was poor, with no family left alive, very young (17 when recruited, 18 when receiving the serum) and sickly. He always figured these things were why he appealed to them. But gradually, through the years, and in various storytelling, he's found out more and more, and with each bit of knowledge he's gained he gets more and more horrified. If you want some reading suggestions on this read Truth: Red, White and Black by Robert Morales and Deadpool: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Brian Posehn (Cap and Wolverine teamed up with Deadpool to undercover some Weapon Plus cloning atrocities).

Here are some pages from Truth:

truth1.jpg
    truth2.jpg
    truth3.jpg

Steve Rogers is a good man. He says it there, clearly, if he could take away all the pain and suffering Isiah Bradley endured through Weapons Plus program and take it onto himself, he would. So that's why I said there's already a precedence set for his reaction to the horrible things that the Weapons Plus program does.
    You're ranking system is very helpful, and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Capandkirby View Post
    You are correct, good catch! Thank you! Got my years mixed up.
    You're welcome. And thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.