Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, with the Wolverine announcement, we now know why Kubert suddenly was off of Cap - the X-Office stole him!

For that matter, I'm sure that's why Yu was off Cap so soon - he went over to the X-books too.

I know the new X-launch is a big deal and they had to get top talent on it but I hope they can get a good permanent artist on Cap soon.

With rumors of a relaunch in 2020, I wonder if Coates is going to be done after this arc and a new writer/artist team will be coming in.

I'd have mixed feelings on Coates leaving. I've really enjoyed his run so far - although I feel like it's in danger of starting to drag out.

I'm ready for Steve to stop being on the run, take the Cap mantle and shield back, and start kicking ass again.
    Wow, we really are back to the age where the X-Men got the best treatment at Marvel .

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, with the Wolverine announcement, we now know why Kubert suddenly was off of Cap - the X-Office stole him!

For that matter, I'm sure that's why Yu was off Cap so soon - he went over to the X-books too.

I know the new X-launch is a big deal and they had to get top talent on it but I hope they can get a good permanent artist on Cap soon.

With rumors of a relaunch in 2020, I wonder if Coates is going to be done after this arc and a new writer/artist team will be coming in.

I'd have mixed feelings on Coates leaving. I've really enjoyed his run so far - although I feel like it's in danger of starting to drag out.

I'm ready for Steve to stop being on the run, take the Cap mantle and shield back, and start kicking ass again.
    I'm not so sure Coates is leaving, there are too many loose plot threads here that can't really be tied up in just a few issues, re: Selene, whatever that thing was that she did to Hydra!Cap that hasn't been visited since, Lukin with Red Skull in his body, and now we know the Chadwicks are involved, too. And whatever is going on with Peggy. I've gotten the impression that Coates has this thing planned out for the long haul. At least, I hope so. Because if they try to resolve all of that too quickly (a la GoT s8) it's going to feel like a bit of a let down. I hear you on seeing Steve back in the mantle, though, I mean, it would be nice if Avengers, Invaders and the Cap book showed some kind of unification, he's 'Cap' in both those other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, we really are back to the age where the X-Men got the best treatment at Marvel .
    And I, for one, am not at all happy about it. Like I don't care that the X-Men are being pushed, it's whatever, I like what I like and am content to just flat-out ignore trends, but I do care that they keep poaching from Cap to do it. Not cool, Cebulski, not cool.

So Gwenpool is not on my list of pulls normally, but a friend recommended it today for the Steve appearances so I checked it out and there are some, uh... interesting, shall we say, panels in it...

The swimsuit issue may have been cancelled but we got this, so I'm good. Can't for the life of me figure out why Cap's shorts would need a leather belt on a swimsuit though.

The Avengers had a guest appearance in Contagion...

Last edited by capandkirby; 10-09-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    So Gwenpool is not on my list of pulls normally, but a friend recommended it today for the Steve appearances so I checked it out and there are some, uh... interesting, shall we say, panels in it...

The swimsuit issue may have been cancelled but we got this, so I'm good. Can't for the life of me figure out why Cap's shorts would need a leather belt on a swimsuit though.
    Even Gwenpool can't deny Steve's hotness!

(Why are Tony and Steve punching each other?)

Cute scene today from The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #49...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even Gwenpool can't deny Steve's hotness!

(Why are Tony and Steve punching each other?)
    Gwen wanted scantily clad superheroes to fight each other, essentially, lol. Tony went with it, Steve was less than amused. There is a crack in the issue somewhere about Marvel canceling the swimsuit issue, which was great.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've been filling in the gaps of some of the more significant collections and I wonder: does it ever bug anyone else how Steve is glossed over as a martial artist? Constant training and commentary on actual skill were embedded so deeply by Stan and it's like we only ever hear of other characters. Back in those days even Batman had the fighting style of "American Football." Steve's enhancements and reliance on close quarters should tout him as the best, but Marvel gives him 6/7 in that department.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I've been filling in the gaps of some of the more significant collections and I wonder: does it ever bug anyone else how Steve is glossed over as a martial artist? Constant training and commentary on actual skill were embedded so deeply by Stan and it's like we only ever hear of other characters. Back in those days even Batman had the fighting style of "American Football." Steve's enhancements and reliance on close quarters should tout him as the best, but Marvel gives him 6/7 in that department.
    It does bother me, yes, I agree. Especially as, in the past, Steve has lost his serum and was still able to win against a handful of opponents just based purely on his martial arts skills.

Captain America #15 preview is out. Looks like there is trouble in paradise (which we all saw coming because if there is one thing Steve Rogers hates it's secrets being kept from him).

More Captain America #15 preview...

Source

oh my god he officially acknowledged that lukin is a russian oc waifu

I respect that a lot.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I dig the art. Not too bad at all.

"Powers Enterprises?" We Batman Beyond now :P?

I wonder how long Sharon is going to be old...