Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast

Legit question that maybe someone with more X-Men knowledge than I can answer? Can Selene be killed/hurt/defeated? I mean, is that even possible? When she surfaces again, what would Steve and the Daughters need to do to win in a fight against her?

I have this weird, crackpot theory, probably entirely off-base, that Selene and Peggy are connected, somehow. Hear me out, so I was rereading the earlier issues from this run, and reread these panels from issue #7...

...Selene has her own agenda here, apparently. Separate from the Lukins. Wondering what that is. And here is Peggy, back in the 616, and young...
    Last edited by capandkirby; 12-19-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Legit question that maybe someone with more X-Men knowledge than I can answer? Can Selene be killed/hurt/defeated? I mean, is that even possible? When she surfaces again, what would Steve and the Daughters need to do to win in a fight against her?

I have this weird, crackpot theory, probably entirely off-base, that Selene and Peggy are connected, somehow. Hear me out, so I was rereading the earlier issues from this run, and reread these panels from issue #7...

...Selene has her own agenda here, apparently. Separate from the Lukins. Wondering what that is. And here is Peggy, back in the 616, and young...
    To the best of my knowledge, the only other time Steve and Selene have met was Gruenwald's run, Selene had Steve under her thrall, but Rachel snapped him out of it and they escaped. Why would Selene have her own agenda in going after Steve and how it would serve her? I mean, as superheroes go, Steve is not nearly the most powerful (love him to pieces, but I'm realistic, he's not). She wouldn't concoct all of this for his life-energy or whatever, because there are much more powerful beings that would probably give her a bigger rush/meal or whatever it is she lives off of. I just can't figure out why she's invested, why she feels teaming up with the Lukins serves her purpose. She's ancient, she doesn't care about America, she's seen many empires come and go. She most likely doesn't care about Captain America. What would she get out of this?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's possible, but only if she's drained of the stolen life energy she's amassed over the millennia she's been alive, and using her powers significantly, especially to boost her physical abilities, can be a huge strain. In shorter words . . . about the only thing Cap and the Daughters of Liberty could do would be to make Selene exhaust herself into vulnerability.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Another piece of evidence might be whatever went down with Sharon in earlier issues. Obviously Lukin has a bone to pick with her, but Selene was there too and we don’t know exactly what they did and she remembers none of it.

Didn’t Alexa need Sharon’s blood to resurrect her husband? I thought I read that when I reread the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's possible, but only if she's drained of the stolen life energy she's amassed over the millennia she's been alive, and using her powers significantly, especially to boost her physical abilities, can be a huge strain. In shorter words . . . about the only thing Cap and the Daughters of Liberty could do would be to make Selene exhaust herself into vulnerability.
    Thank you! So it's safe to say, then, that Steve and the Daughters are going to need something major to tackle her? Steve mentioned, early on in this run, that Selene has taken out entire groups of X-Men. So by that nature, the solution to fighting her, or even exhausting her to the point she's drained, probably hasn't presented itself yet (that's been revealed to us, anyway)?

...I'm not reading the X-Men books, but I know the gist of what is going on thanks to fan discussion here and on Twitter and so, I gotta ask, why on earth would the X-Men want this person on their island? Especially considering that for her to live, others need to die.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Another piece of evidence might be whatever went down with Sharon in earlier issues. Obviously Lukin has a bone to pick with her, but Selene was there too and we don’t know exactly what they did and she remembers none of it.
    True! I've wondered about that, too. If Sharon's lost memories were going to come up again and, if so, if they were vital to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Didn’t Alexa need Sharon’s blood to resurrect her husband? I thought I read that when I reread the series.
    The book did show Alexa with a syringe while Sharon was strapped to that table, so maybe!

Fantastic Member

True! I've wondered about that, too. If Sharon's lost memories were going to come up again and, if so, if they were vital to the plot.

The book did show Alexa with a syringe while Sharon was strapped to that table, so maybe!
    I'm curious about what exactly happened, because some low-level torture likely went down. Steve mentions hearing her screaming while he was fighting his way to get to her. A blood draw wouldn't necessarily create that reaction, nor would I think Sharon would give them that satisfaction unless something really bad/painful was happening. Then again, her body showed no signs of anything bad happening which is also weird.

I’ll be pissed if they mind control her again, just saying.

This may have been posted before, I cannot find it, but has anyone seen that under the Cap 20 description it says they are building up to Cap 25? I wonder what that could be.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’ll be pissed if they mind control her again, just saying.
    Hard same.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    This may have been posted before, I cannot find it, but has anyone seen that under the Cap 20 description it says they are building up to Cap 25? I wonder what that could be.
    I could be wrong but there's been this rumor circulating around that Cap was going to relaunch (probably because Thor and Iron Man are), I think there was an article on Bleeding Cool about it?, so when I read that about leading up to issue #25 I just kinda assumed they're going to relaunch after that issue and it will be the last issue of this current run. My hopes for issue #25, because it sounds like they're going to make it a big spectacle, is that we get resolution to all the unanswered plot threads we still have open, re: Selene, the Power Elite, whatever Selene did to Hydra!Cap, is Red Skull still in Lukin?, is Fisk dead, how is Peggy alive and young, all that kind of stuff.

Thank you! So it's safe to say, then, that Steve and the Daughters are going to need something major to tackle her? Steve mentioned, early on in this run, that Selene has taken out entire groups of X-Men. So by that nature, the solution to fighting her, or even exhausting her to the point she's drained, probably hasn't presented itself yet (that's been revealed to us, anyway)?

...I'm not reading the X-Men books, but I know the gist of what is going on thanks to fan discussion here and on Twitter and so, I gotta ask, why on earth would the X-Men want this person on their island? Especially considering that for her to live, others need to die.

From what I recall, there are countermeasures in place on Krakoa to ensure Selene can sustain herself without killing, since Krakoa takes only a small amount of life force and/or psychic energy from every mutant on its soil.

From what I recall, there are countermeasures in place on Krakoa to ensure Selene can sustain herself without killing, since Krakoa takes only a small amount of life force and/or psychic energy from every mutant on its soil.
    Oh that's interesting. There should be a Krakoa for the vampire population as well (Blade could retire), sustaining them, it would probably save a lot of human death in the MU. And would also save the Avengers the hassle of having to fight the vampires again when everything the Avengers book has been leading up to comes to head. In the March solicits it looks like vampires are right there among everyone else the Avengers have faced for a final big showdown.

Poor Steve, in one book he's up against a being who feeds off of life forces, in another, beings who would feed off his blood. I wonder if there's ever been a panel where a superhero applied for life/health insurance and was turned down flat, labeled too risky.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 12-20-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Oh that's interesting. There should be a Krakoa for the vampire population as well (Blade could retire), sustaining them, it would probably save a lot of human death in the MU. And would also save the Avengers the hassle of having to fight the vampires again when everything the Avengers book has been leading up to comes to head. In the March solicits it looks like vampires are right there among everyone else the Avengers have faced for a final big showdown.

Poor Steve, in one book he's up against a being who feeds off of life forces, in another, beings who would feed off his blood. I wonder if there's ever been a panel where a superhero applied for life/health insurance and was turned down flat, labeled too risky.
    That would be funny if it were to happen. That said, I'm also looking forward to the superpowered arms race-turned-superpowered world war that may well conclude Jason Aaron's time on the Avengers.

That would be funny if it were to happen. That said, I'm also looking forward to the superpowered arms race-turned-superpowered world war that may well conclude Jason Aaron's time on the Avengers.
    I am as well. I was a tiny bit disappointed to find out that the next big, universe-wide, event is a continuation of the Kree/Skrull war. Not that I'm not interested in that, I am, and will probably subscribe to it, but I was hoping we were going to get something closer to what Ewing, Aaron and Zdarsky have built towards as far as Roxxon developing and selling superpowers to the highest bidder.

I am as well. I was a tiny bit disappointed to find out that the next big, universe-wide, event is a continuation of the Kree/Skrull war. Not that I'm not interested in that, I am, and will probably subscribe to it, but I was hoping we were going to get something closer to what Ewing, Aaron and Zdarsky have built towards as far as Roxxon developing and selling superpowers to the highest bidder.
    That last part would be very interesting, at least for the ramifications. The democratization, or at least the decentralization, of superpowers . . . lots and lots of interesting social, political, and/or cultural ramifications. As someone once said, "And when everyone is super . . ."