Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    This may have been posted before, I cannot find it, but has anyone seen that under the Cap 20 description it says they are building up to Cap 25? I wonder what that could be.
    We don't know. As someone mentioned earlier, 25 could be a relaunch with perhaps a status-quo change.

The arc title is ALL DIE YOUNG which can hint at various things:
    • Someone might die young
    • All of Cap's supporting cast, including Steve himself, have died or been presumed dead.
    • Age - Steve's age is slowed and he looks remarkably young for someone almost 100. Bucky, too. Peggy was old, and now she's young. Sharon is older now, having lived the past few decades in an alternate dimension. Now she feels very age-disjointed from her contemporaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Great video! That's right, last Friday (Dec. 20th) was Cap's 79th Anniversary, the first Cap comic having premiered on December 20th, 1940 (can't believe this slipped my mind). Happy Anniversary, Cap!!!! And thank you Jack Kirby and Joe Simon for gifting him to us.

For a little holiday cheer, that time Peter put Steve on the spot to make a speech about the spirit of Santa for a Marvel version of "yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    For a little holiday cheer, that time Peter put Steve on the spot to make a speech about the spirit of Santa for a Marvel version of "yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"...

In the immortal words of Luke Cage, "Sweet Christmas!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's nice to see something so wholesome with the Marvel heroes.

This video is AMAZING. It details Jack Kirby and Joe Simon's politics, the symbolism in Cap's design (like how the A on Cap's cowl doesn't actually stand for America, believe it or not), the history and motivation behind the first Cap comic, etc. Really good and informative watch for any Cap fan who may be interested...

Holiday cheer, take two: Steve and Rachel say Happy Holidays circa the Marvel Holiday Special 1991...

Last edited by capandkirby; 12-24-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Holiday cheer take three: Cap volunteers at a homeless shelter on Christmas Eve, let's little old ladies dress him in cute animal aprons and gives a fellow veteran, down on his luck, the coat off his back (from the 2013 Avengers Annual)...

Fantastic Member

Holiday cheer take three: Cap volunteers at a homeless shelter on Christmas Eve, let's little old ladies dress him in cute animal aprons and gives a fellow veteran, down on his luck, the coat off his back (from the 2013 Avengers Annual)...

It’s scenes like this that makes Steve Rogers great

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

This video is AMAZING. It details Jack Kirby and Joe Simon's politics, the symbolism in Cap's design (like how the A on Cap's cowl doesn't actually stand for America, believe it or not), the history and motivation behind the first Cap comic, etc. Really good and informative watch for any Cap fan who may be interested...

Thanks for sharing this. Good stuff to know, and especially to rebut the naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    It’s scenes like this that makes Steve Rogers great
    Agreed. Very much agreed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Merry Christmas to Steve, to all Cap fans, and to all who believe in the values that make Captain America and the world great!

Today's Cap...

...Not sure how I feel about the Scourge reveal. I was hoping it was someone we were already familiar with, not a new character entirely, and the grieving partner thing is a bit of a tired trope, but still, it will be interesting to see how this develops further and I am intrigued by Diaz and hope Coates really fleshes him out as a character beyond 'vengeful partner with military background'. This issue definitely gave me the vibe that Steve and Sharon are not going to end this run remaining a couple, since Coates emphasized the trust thing re: "if we didn't have trust, what did we have", but, on the plus side, I doubt now he'll end up with Peggy either, since she's the main orchestrate-or of the deception, so that somewhat assuages my fears that they're trying to be MCU-adjacent (which I've feared since they brought Peggy into this book). Things are really heating up! Pretty curious what the "heart-stopping climax" they're teasing for the next issue is!
    Finally able to read the latest Cap. And I agree about the relationship between Cap and Sharon, I get that vibe too. I’m also impressed with Coates’ writing of cap as well. I think he doing a pretty good job so far.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Steve (and the other Avengers) in yesterday's Venom...

Steve (and the other Avengers) in yesterday's Venom...
    Continued...