Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Steve was in Miles Morales: Spider-Man #2...

Attachment 77973
    Attachment 77974

Looks like he'll be in the next one, too. Which is great, love the way Saladin Ahmed writes him. Steve appeared in his Black Bolt run, too. Plus, after Secret Empire, it's great to see Miles interact with the real Steve.
    Man, the classic look still looks amazing even now.

I'm glad they're not trying to modernize Cap's look in the comics anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Its funny how much the Avrngers argued back in the day. Honestly I don't think there would be an Avengers without Steve. Especially in the early years, he was the glue that held them together.
    They really did. But it did seem to evolve and that’s why I posted these panels. Instead of Hawkeye mouthing off incessantly about old man Cap, and wanting to be leader, here was a team debate about the existential nature of the Avengers, whether one man’s crisis ( Red Wolf ) wasn’t deserving of their help.

Panther seems to remind Cap, while unity is important, it’s all about conviction. Who writes this stuff anymore? Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, the classic look still looks amazing even now.

I'm glad they're not trying to modernize Cap's look in the comics anymore.
    To the utmost, I agree. The classic look totally rules.

Cute Steve and Carol interaction in Avengers #14, bet Aaron has been dying to use this for ages ...

CarolandSteve.jpg

Cute Steve and Carol interaction in Avengers #14, bet Aaron has been dying to use this for ages ...

CarolandSteve.jpg
    Why am I not surprised Carol seems excited to be "Bad Cap" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I not surprised Carol seems excited to be "Bad Cap" ?
    Because she's only really able to do it when working with Steve, who is undoubtedly more gooder than she is usually.

How has Avengers been going on in terms of Steve, though? Haven't been keeping up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Because she's only really able to do it when working with Steve, who is undoubtedly more gooder than she is usually.

How has Avengers been going on in terms of Steve, though? Haven't been keeping up with it.
    I think his Steve is okay. Nothing to really complain about at least.

He's honestly rarely given much to do except the occasional exposition. This is just my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people might disagree, but I don't think Aaron knows what do with Steve other than resident Sage Utterer of Occasional Wisdom™ (and threats against vampires). To be fair it's a big team. And Aaron rarely focuses on any one of them for any sort of long duration. Also, to be fair, other members of the team have had even less panel time.

Anyway, there is no deep meaning, no great, in-depth character introspection, but really cool and imaginative fight scenes, and witty repertoire so there's that. The overall tone of Aaron's book is light-hearted and fun so it's probably just a stylistic thing.

Aaron did something odd in today's issue though. He spent an entire page indicating that Steve isn't at all religious. Like went out of his way to state this. Which, not a problem, neither am I, I don't much care one way or the other, but Aaron was so determined to get that point across that I'm just like... okay? That's random.

He's honestly rarely given much to do except the occasional exposition. This is just my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people might disagree, but I don't think Aaron knows what do with Steve other than resident Sage Utterer of Occasional Wisdom™ (and threats against vampires). To be fair it's a big team. And Aaron rarely focuses on any one of them for any sort of long duration. Also, to be fair, other members of the team have had even less panel time.

Anyway, there is no deep meaning, no great, in-depth character introspection, but really cool and imaginative fight scenes, and witty repertoire so there's that. The overall tone of Aaron's book is light-hearted and fun so it's probably just a stylistic thing.

Aaron did something odd in today's issue though. He spent an entire page indicating that Steve isn't at all religious. Like went out of his way to state this. Which, not a problem, neither am I, I don't much care one way or the other, but Aaron was so determined to get that point across that I'm just like... okay? That's random.
    The thing is that crosses only work if you believe in tbe symbol. So Steve, while not necessarily relgious in a practicing sense, apparently is a man of faith. Otherwise the cross would ne useless.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is that crosses only work if you believe in tbe symbol. So Steve, while not necessarily relgious in a practicing sense, apparently is a man of faith. Otherwise the cross would ne useless.
    Ohhh, okay, that's where Aaron was going with that. Got it. Makes far more sense now.

I don't know if she needs Steve. Violating constitutional rights, running around with a bit of a chip on her shoulder, bit of a "punch-first, talk-later" kind of gal (at least under Aaron), kind of sounds a lot like what you would expect from a "Bad Cap" .

RCO009_1550068890.jpg

Steve (and Rhodey, Tony, Thor and Jen) in today's Captain Marvel #2.

Mighty Member

If a person is willing to believe in vampires as supernatural, then to me it stands to reason that that person is willing to believe that the cross will work, and so, the cross will work against the vampire. Of course, Marvel has stated otherwise (Kitty had to use a Star of David to ward off Dracula) But really, a rolled up newspaper would work as long as you believed it would.

Mighty Member

Oh, and one more thing; what does the vampire belive will hurt him/her?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    If a person is willing to believe in vampires as supernatural, then to me it stands to reason that that person is willing to believe that the cross will work, and so, the cross will work against the vampire. Of course, Marvel has stated otherwise (Kitty had to use a Star of David to ward off Dracula) But really, a rolled up newspaper would work as long as you believed it would.
    Again, you need to believe in the symbol. It's not just a matter of believing it will necessarily work. Wolverine for example attempted to use the cross against Dracula but it failed, even though he believed crosses were supposed to work.

But any religious symbol will work. Thors hammer actually works.