View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ice Cream Man and Redlands were great, but Man-Eaters was fantastic as always!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Amazing Member

This week my pull list included Ice Cream man, Infinite Dark, and Skyward. Of those three, Ice Cream Man is by far the favorite on the list.
    Very much looking forward to Ice Cream man. Every issue has been a good read, and i like the stand alone aspect of this series. Have not read this one yet, but apparently this issue has some back story on the ice cream man that may be a through line across other upcoming issues.
    Infinite Dark is ok, not sure this is one i am actually excited for, but at least i am willing to keep up with getting issues for now to see how the first arc goes and then make a decision on keeping it or not.
    I have enjoyed reading Skyward its been a fun story with good characters and an interesting world.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Please tell me what you're liking about Man-Eaters: I was curious, but passed it by.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Please tell me what you're liking about Man-Eaters: I was curious, but passed it by.
    I like the world that’s been created, the characters are likeable and relatable and the social commentary is great. It’s political but fun and extremely well executed. Plus there’s a big cat theme to the series and I love cats. This is very much a feminist series, but if that puts you off then it’s maybe not for you... I personally love it and can’t wait to recommend it to more people once the first trade is out!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

They/Them

Thank you, yes, actually sounds like what I'm enjoying these days., and certainly what I'm looking for--"characters are likeable and relatable and the social commentary is great. It’s political but fun and extremely well executed." Yup. Will look for it, first issue recently right?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Thank you, yes, actually sounds like what I'm enjoying these days., and certainly what I'm looking for--"characters are likeable and relatable and the social commentary is great. It’s political but fun and extremely well executed." Yup. Will look for it, first issue recently right?
    Excellent!! First issue was a few months ago, issue #5 is the most recent. I can’t imagine it would be too hard to track them all down, but I do believe that the first trade is due in about three weeks!

They/Them

Default 2019 Image comic poll week #6 - new series: Vindication

Almost all series got votes last week, but Ice Cream Man #9 took the cake, congrats!

Here's what's on shelves this week: Cemetery Beach's penultimate issue, Curse Words finishes a storyline, and Prodigy reaches the half-way point. Aaaaand that's about it! Light week, but we do get a new series:

Vindication is a limited series taking aim squarely at a divisive social topic. Set against the backdrop of ethnic profiling in American police forces, this series follows a (white) police officer who suspects a young (black) man of a murder. The suspect is acquitted in court, but the policeman continues to be suspicious. Does he have a correct hunch, or is his persistence in following the young man motivated by racial discrimination?
    Tough subject, I'm not sure what the exact intent here is yet. Hopefully the creative team are up to the task of what I imagine will be a careful balancing act. Granted I'm literally judging the book by its cover here so they might pull it off with aplomb, or the series could jump off into an entirely different direction than it appears to.

327482.jpg
    Cover to Vindication #1 (of 4)
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Die #3 was a very good read. I honestly didn't expect the series to so clearly demonstrate an aspect of itself I didn't see coming, but I'm still loving it. I came into the book expecting it to be an exploration of tabletop fantasy gaming. But this issue cements it being about both fantasy, and tabletop gaming. In regards to the exploration of fantasy literature I may have to do some research for future issues.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-06-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Die is obviously the best thing this week. Most exciting new series since Gideon Falls in my opinion, and it keeps getting better!!

They/Them

Just Walking Dead.

So sad: none, nothing at all for me from Image this week (2/27/19)

Amazing Member

Good pull week for me, Cemetery beach Curse words, Die, Freeze, Unnatural and Walking dead. Been up to date and reading as soon as i get me hands on them with Cemetery Beach, Die, Freeze, and Walking dead. Excited to tear through Die, Freeze, and walking dead. Been falling behind with Curse words but looking forward to catching up.

Default 2019 Image comic poll week #7 - a curious lack of Valentines

What's up rose petals, it's the weekly poll, a day late to cash in on that Valentines Day mindshare! But, what gives? Not a single Image comic going for a cheap tie-in cash-grab? Capitalism dissapoints once again.

Last week the poll was won by Die, which seems to be off to a good start. Wonder if we'll see the first repeat-winner of the year this week, though?

Here's the notable releases: no less than three series are ending storylines this week, and they're all big ones too. Oblivion Song, Kick-Ass (2018), and Gideon Falls all see various shades of conclusion this week. None as permanent though as The Magic Order, which wraps up the series as planned this week. Spawn Kills Everyone Too hits its penultimate issue this week, with a cover reminiscent of Infinity Gauntlet.

We do have a 'new' series debuting this week by the way: Hit-Girl Season Two serves as a sort-of relaunch to follow up last year's Hit-Girl series. They're going quite far in the labelling here by the way, the new Francavilla cover also immediately details the first story arc will last 4 issues. Wonder if the added clarity will pay off?

330251.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Criminal and Gideon Falls in the same week! Could be a tough decision.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

This week I picked up Gideon Falls, Criminal, The Magic Order and Oblivon Song. I also picked up Monstress #19 as I caught up with the trades!! I feel like an idiot for waiting so long to check out Monstress, wish I’d been reading it from day one!! Anyway, Criminal and Gideon Falls were my favourite of the new releases, I’ve voted for Gideon Falls but already feel like maybe I should have voted for Criminal... But would likely feel the other way if I’d voted Criminal... Both were utterly fantastic!!

They/Them