View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I bought criminals issue 2, my heroes have always been junkies and gideon falls v1.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week #8 - new Mark Millar series: Sharkey Bounty Hunter

The comics truck keeps on trucking!

Last week landed us the first tie of the year, which will surely not be the last one. Criminal got just as many votes as Gideon Falls.

This week is a big one, particularly for Mark Millar fans. His series' Nemesis and Supercrooks were collected into trade paperbacks earlier this year, but the hardcovers are out this week for good measure too. Further, his series Superior gets a trade paperback collection too this week. Speaking of collections, Christopher Sebela's High Crimes series is also getting a collected volume this week.
    Other releases include: the final issue of Errand Boys, a third reprint of Die's premiere issue, the end to Exorsisters' first story arc, Savage Dragon has an issue including Ant, and Seven To Eternity wraps up another storyline too.

New this week is Sharkey the Bounty Hunter, written by Mark Millar and drawn by Simone Bianchi. This is a futuristic sci-fi procedural, where bounty hunter Sharkey and his 10-year old assistant race around the galaxy in a rocket-powered ice cream van to apprehend perps.

330244.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I hate myself for only just reading Monstress (three trades and issue #20 over the last few weeks). But now I’m all caught up and #21 was one of just two books I picked up this week (Jughead: The Hunger #12 being the other, which obviously isn’t Image and therefore completely irrelevant to this poll). This series deserves all the praise it has thrown at it!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Sad, sad, sad-- NO Image for me this week? Not at all? sigh....
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Sad, sad, sad-- NO Image for me this week? Not at all? sigh....
    Matt, I forget, did you ever mention trying Monstress? I'll readily admit it's at times quite a dense read - and not in the good way, imo - but given the stuff you tend to like, I think it might appeal to you. Strong misfit lead character, it's an overtly political series with a strongly anti-authoritarian slant, and they fairly regularly go to dark places whilst pulling few punches. Plus the artwork by Sana Takeda is some of the best in the industry, detailed, gloomy, fairly unique architectural designs, and very consistent in quality too.

Might be worth a look one day if you haven't sampled the series yet?

Hey, Totalsnorefest, yeah, actually, read Monstress' first several issues. Yes it looked/looks really nice, but it just didn't catch me. Had I known it'd venture into the "overtly political series with a strongly anti-authoritarian slant" arena, I might've held on, but I didn't so I didn't. Uh. Yeah. Perhaps someday I'll ebay those first issues and buy up collected trades and discover a new interest. Possible: just now I've finished vol. 3 of Transmetropolitan, another title I tried early on, let go, and now--it would've been with issue 18, kind of a long trial period...--suddenly I've become very interested. Did get the first Monstress trade from the library and did find it "a dense read" and never followed further. As I say, maybe someday. Thanks for thinkin' of me!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

Had several issues in my subscription list from this week. My pull included Bitter Root (which I think will be getting dropped from my pull), East of West, this is always great to see a new issue even if they are always delayed. even with those delays i am several issues behind....but this series reads so much better in large chunks rather then 1 issue at a time. Middlewest which I am actively reading and enjoying the art and story very much. Seven to Eternity and Sharkey rounded out the pull list this week as well

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Hey, Totalsnorefest, yeah, actually, read Monstress' first several issues. Yes it looked/looks really nice, but it just didn't catch me. Had I known it'd venture into the "overtly political series with a strongly anti-authoritarian slant" arena, I might've held on, but I didn't so I didn't. Uh. Yeah. Perhaps someday I'll ebay those first issues and buy up collected trades and discover a new interest. Possible: just now I've finished vol. 3 of Transmetropolitan, another title I tried early on, let go, and now--it would've been with issue 18, kind of a long trial period...--suddenly I've become very interested. Did get the first Monstress trade from the library and did find it "a dense read" and never followed further. As I say, maybe someday. Thanks for thinkin' of me!
    Sure no problem, I didn't remember whether you'd given it a shot already. Can't disagree with anything you say about the series really, some days I wish Monstress would be more snappy in the dialogues like Saga is, although I guess it'd detract from the series' own identity. Transmetropolitan is supposed to be great, I haven't tried that yet.

Default 2019 Image comic poll week #9 - After 35 years Mage, The Hero comes to an end

Week 9 already, how's your 2019 holding up? Oof aren't we old.

Last week's poll was once again comfortably won by Monstress making its triumphant return. Let's see what's releasing this week!

It's not a lot, really: DIE!DIE!DIE! is promising a game-changing issue, which sounds true since no new ones have been announced for the coming 3 months at least. Not sure if it'll be the last issue though... The Realm begins a new storyline this week, Rose comes to an end as was announced a few months ago, Spawn's long-time villains Clown and Violator merge into a single being this week, and lastly the Mage, the Hero series concludes for good this week, 35 years (!!!) after beginning.

330315.jpg 330330.jpg 330333.jpg
    Covers to Mage, The Hero Denied #15 (of 15), The Realm #11, and Rose #17.

Mage. And now it's another wait for a new Bullets as that's my last Image book still being published.

I’m waiting for Outcast to finish before I read anymore. Spawn I just look at.

Mage...
    Cleghorn! Captain, sir! So weird-- made out my previews pre-order today for my LCS, and
    no
    Image titles appealed to me at all.....
    I chose Excellence as most appealing of any, but what has happened to us, or to Image, that suddenly I find more from Dynamite than I do from Image? Sad...surprised. Glad to find I'm not the only one.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The fourth issue of Die was excellent as expected. We're treated to some relative levity, more understanding of the world as well as its mechanics, and some really solid characterization. Anyone reading Die who has gamed for any period of time can probably relate to one character or another. They all play differently, and appreciate different aspects of play as well as the other players. spoilers:
    What player doesn't develop affection for their familiar? I still miss my Change Parrot, Iago.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week #10 - say your goodbyes to Cemetery Beach

Better late than never! Week 10, more comics, more voting!

Last time around the poll was won by the finale of Mage, the Hero Denied; a proper send-off to 35 years of comics! Very impressive.

Here's what's released this week: Cemetery Beach came to an end as scheduled, Eclipse is back for a new storyline, as is Paper Girls which will end ~4 months from now. Unnatural is ending its current story arc, the last one will start in a month or two. One more ending storyline is found within the pages of Witchblade this week.

No new series are releasing this week, so here's the cover for Middlewest #1 instead, which went back for its fourth (!!!) reprinting this week.

337008.jpg

What did you read this week? Anything good to recommend?

reposting from two weeks ago-- So sad: none, nothing at all for me from Image this week (2/27/19)
    and reposting from last week--Sad, sad, sad-- NO Image for me this week? Not at all? sigh....
    and this week? See above...^