View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

The Walking Dead was great as always (fight me ) and I really enjoyed Paper Girls (so sad that this is ending!!) but Die was obviously the best thing from any publisher this week.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

The poll may not be up yet... But Little Bird #1 is absolutely exceptional!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Very cool, LooneyK! You're the second one to say so to me today. Got my copy, just waiting for a longer stretch of time, tomorrow, to dig in. So glad to learn people are liking it.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 11 - Assassin Nation & Little Bird both debut

Hey all, here's this week's poll. Die #4 won last week, nabbing a second win for the series.

This is what's happening this week: Auntie Agatha's Home for Wayward Rabbits is releasing its penultimate issue, Blackbird finishes its first storyline, Head Lopper returns for its quarterly reminder that comics should be great, Middlewest sees further success - now they're doing a third reprinting of its second issue already. And it already looks to be sold out, too. A new storyline begins in Oblivion Song this week, while another one for Rat Queens comes to an end. Lastly, speaking of endings, Spawn Kills Everyone Too drives a stake through the series as had been announced.

New this week:
    1. Assassin Nation is the new series from Erica Henderson (Squirrel Girl, Jughead) and Kyle Starks (Rick & Morty). It's about the greatest hitman in the world hiring the 20 hitmen ranked right below him as personal bodyguards. Think John Wick with a heavy helping of Hot Fuzz. Will everyone keep their personal vendettas in check while waiting for the actual cheque?

2. Little Bird is one I don't really have a good read on yet, but it's by film producer Darcy van Poelgeest, with Ian Bertram on art who's done various books at Marvel and DC. It looks like it'll be a hyper-detailed, very dense resistance story against American oppression. In some ways the pitch reminds me of We Stand on Guard, but more fantastical in its visual design.

P.S.: Bonus question, are y'all liking the new way of having all the polls in a single thread? Do you hate it? Are you thoroughly ambivalent? Let me know!

332730.jpg 332729.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week #12 - Lazarus has Risen once again

Last week's poll didn't spur much discussion, possibly because I put it up so late. Little Bird's debut proved the clear favourite though!

Here's this week's notable releases: Bitter Root appears to be wrapping up its storyline for now, Farmhand is back for a new arc, and Monstress digs up a demon from the past. Die is reprinting its previous issues again because y'all just keep buying them. Lastly, the hit romance series Sunstone has a new volume out this week.

New launches:
    1. Lazarus Risen feels a bit like cheating to call new, but the series is returning with some alterations. Single issues will now be releasing quarterly (think Head Lopper) to avoid delays ever again. For good measure the series is also moving to longer chapters and an oversized, prestige format to accompany this change. 44 pages of story, a back-up, and what looks like a Lazarus tabletop RPG are all packed into this 64-page issue.

2. Jesusfreak is a new graphic novel by Joe Casey and Benjamin Marra. In a bit of historical fiction, this is a violent story set in Nazareth around 26 C.E., starring a carpenter. Wonder what the subtext here is!

332731.jpg 327481.jpg

I like the monthly thread. It’s easier to comment on a previous week when you’re behind on books.

I wish we had more activity in general, but it is what it is.

Just Criminal this week, and great as always!

Wow Farmhand's break came and went pretty quick! Time flies. Farmhand and Criminal for me this week but not picked them up from my LCS yet. I'm already expecting that Criminal will get my vote though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Had a stroke of good luck in that I couldn't pick up Lazarus this week (they're holding it for me though!), otherwise to choose between Lazarus and Criminal would've been...Criminal. And Criminal was very good to read. I read the final issue of Cover a few days before reading Criminal, both set in a world of comic book making. Of them, it's Criminal that resonates with me emotionally, seemed truer, had more to say. In the absence, then, of Lazarus, I vote Criminal all the way.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Incredible Member

I like the way you do it. I get my books monthly so im always miles behind everyone else but its good to see whats out.

Wish i'd known about little bird. Pages i have seen look crazy.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 13 - Snotgirl returns, Barrier gets reprinted

And we're back for another week!
    Last time around the poll was won by Criminal for its third outing in a row. I wonder what the forum favourite of this year will turn out to be...

Let's move our attention to this week, here's what's in shops and digital download platforms! Barrier, the Brian K. Vaughan/Marcos Martin series that came out in a weird landscape format is releasing a slipcase this week. You can also order an empty one if you already have the issues, amusingly enough, provided you don't mind spending 10$ on an empty cardboard box. Black Science returns with a new storyline after a short hiatus, Hardcore is releasing its penultimate issue, Isola is back since it's an odd month, Skyward starts a new storyline, Spawn confronts the killer of his wife this week, and Snotgirl is back to launch her fashion line.

332778.jpg 332806.jpg 332808.jpg
    The alternate cover to Isola #7, the cover for Skyward #11, and Snotgirl #13's alternate cover.

Outcast, which I’m just stockpiling at this point, and Spawn, which I just look at.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 14 - Welcome to Section Zero

After a low-key week, this one has some more stuff going on. The poll ended in a tie between Isola #7 and Man-Eaters #7, the first win for each this year.

Here's some notable issues that came out this week: Die wraps up its first storyline, I'll expect it'll see a continuation based on the success though. Redlands is also done with a storyline this week, Vindication is nearly done with 1 more issue in the tank after this one. Same with Self Made by the way, which is also on its penultimate issue this week. Lastly we got one more interesting release, with Mirror #10 finally closing out the series' second (and final?) arc, feels like it's been a year for this issue to release. It even got cancelled many months ago, so it's cool they completed the storyline after all.

New this week:
    1. Section Zero is about UFOs, monster, ancient mysterious civilisations and the like. Described as "Jack Kirby if he worked on X-Files". This one's meant to run for 6 issues, the covers give me a distinct late nineties vibe.

2. Curse Words: Spring Has Sprung Special is the newest Curse Words one-shot. Following the previous Winter and Summer specials, it's now the turn for Spring. Mike Norton did the art for this, it looks like.

335310.jpg 335314.jpg

Just The Walking Dead. Last couple issues have been alright. Nothing revolutionary (hardy har har), though.

I'm not sure where the book goes at this point. I'm not sure where it can go, to be honest. I'm not saying it's spinning it's wheels. I'm not saying it's repeating itself. Those are all old criticisms, valid or not. I'd just like to see it do something kind of new, and I don't know what that is.

I'd definitely like to sit down and re read the whole fucking thing again, and see how this later section holds up. It's definitely a different book than it used to be.

Nothing Image for me this week. & from previews for June... so very little. Sad, sad, sad.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up the final issue of DIE's introductory arc. Damn, that was quite the finale. I can't wait for the collected edition comes out with the game rules.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.