View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I admit, the only comic from Image I read regularly is the Wicked + the Divine. Obviously that'll be changing soon... There's plenty from them I've yet to try that seem worthwhile, though, I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 22 - Just three issues this week.

Week 21? I never heard of her!

This week is very notable for having... possibly the least Image releases since at least 2015? Might be forgetting a moment somewhere, but hey. Here's the 3 issues releasing this week: Ascender introduces a troll militia and uses of ancient robot tech, Black Science is gearing up towards a finale three issues from now, and Spawn continues to look at both the history and the future of the character as they inch towards issue 300.

337764.jpg 327503.jpg 337811.jpg
    Covers to Ascender #2, Black Science #40, and Spawn #297.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I got one Marvel comic, one DC, one Dynamite comic, one After Shock, and one from IDW.
    No Image. And preordering only one, Criminal, for all of August... wha's happen'!?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Criminal v2 issue #5.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up the first collected volume of Die.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week #23 - two Thumbs up

All right this week had a lot more releases than last one. Yet somehow last week's paltry 3 releases still produced a tied poll. Congrats go out to Black Science #40 and Ascender #2!

Here's the notable issues: Eclipse delivers its final issue this week, concluding the series with a final standoff. Man-Eaters starts a new storyline this week, with a new artist on board too (Elise McCall). Next up, Paper Girls has its penultimate issue before next month's finale, Section Zero reaches the half-way point, and Stray Bullets is back!

New series Thumbs also launched on Wednesday, this one's by the same team who did The Few. The premise is basically: a tech business CEO like Mark Zuckerberg/Elon Musk/Steve Jobs/Tom From MySpace has trained a bunch of quasi-anarchist teens through an app and is now mobilising them to rebel against the government. The pitch for this is "Blade Runner meets The Social Network", and it's scheduled to run for five issues.
    I'll be honest, that sounds like an awful idea on paper to me. I realise it's not cool to judge a book by its cover, so I could be very wrong here, but the premise doesn't sound very enticing to me. Yes, social media platforms are definitely a big part in revolutions nowadays, but I don't love the implication that people who use apps are uniformly vulnerable to be brainwashed by violent propaganda. Maybe I should read this and see how they handle it instead of playing armchair critic though.

340085.jpg
    Thumbs #1.

Criminal was the stand-out for me this week. Brubaker and Phillips are just too good!! Also read Man-Eaters, The Walking Dead and Paper Girls.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

In May, I wrote, Good thing Stray Bullets wasn't on this week's list: Criminal'd give it a run for the money.
    Here in June...Criminal. For deeper characterization, more relatable characters; Bullets is still in many ways the scariest comic going, and certainly artistically on par, and in dialogue and story-telling, likewise, but Bullets' characters, in the main, while well-developed, and consistent across decades of issues, are not as 'deeply delved' as Criminal's, and so, my vote, harsh call as it is, went this week to Criminal.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week #25 - Classic reprints week

Wednesday's here, comics might be too!

This week's highlights include two classic series being reprinted into paperback formats. Heavy Liquid #1-5 see a collected volume of the Paul Pope sci-fi heavyweight title, while Ronald Wimberly's new-wave/disco take on Shakespeare's most famous work also gets reprinted in a new Prince of Cats volume.
    Other notable releases include the penultimate issues of Assassin Nation and Little Bird, and the new Hit-Girl issue set in Hong Kong.

340138.jpg 340143.jpg 340150.jpg
    Covers to Monstress #23, Port of Earth #11, and Rumble #13.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 26 - Weatherman returns with predictions

Got another pretty busy week this time, after last week's poll which was won by the 14th issue of Gideon Falls.

This week: Ascender brings out a dragon, Deadly Class wraps up its current storyline, Head Lopper is back because another 3 months have passed, Spawn is inching towards another milestone, and Thief of Thieves at last comes to a close 43 issues in. An impressive run for any modern comic!

New this week is the return of Weatherman. Following an attack that killed 18 billion people in the galaxy, Nathan Bright wakes up amnesiac and hunted by everyone...

340163.jpg
    Weatherman Volume 2 #1

Glad to have Weatherman back!

Thief of Thieves has concluded. It'll make great re-reading later this year. A lot of unexpected turns of story, some very strong, consistent characters, and just some plain old fun reading.

Default Image Comics poll week 27 - Three new series, and something else.

New week, new poll! Last time around the relaunch of The Weatherman instantly launched to winning our poll, sounds like an encouraging start in our lil' echo chamber at least.

This week's an interesting one, here's some notable releases: Monstress is starting to release hardcover collections as of this week, Analog begins a new storyline, as does Crowded. Thumbs is reprinting its first issue, indicating strong sales.
    This week also sees a big release for The Walking Dead in its path towards issue #200, which is kinda spoilerific so I'm tagging it as such: spoilers:
    soooo guess the road to #200 might be off, and the series ended this week? If so, it's very cool how they hid that to make the end come out of left field. They even released solicitations for future issues, including tentative covers and everything.
    end of spoilers.

New this week are no less than 3 series, too.
    1. Postal: Deliverance is a new series in the Postal universe, loosely picking up from the previous one but should be accessible enough. Sounds like a violent first issue...
    2. Sea of Stars could be a big one. They're courting comparisons to Neverending Story and Miyazaki films. The new Jason Aaron/Dennis Hallum/Stephen Green/Rico Renzi series includes the following sentence in its solicitation "Now separated from his son-with a breached suit that's venting oxygen at an alarming rate-Gil must defy the odds and stay alive long enough to rescue Kadyn. But meanwhile, Kadyn seems to be getting all the help he needs from a talking Space Monkey riding a Space Dolphin... or maybe it's the strange powers he's suddenly manifesting?!" so that's weird and hopefully interesting.
    3. Space Bandits is slated to run for 5 issues, and looks like a fun eighties styled sci-fi story with motorbikes. Cue up your neon retrowave playlist and read this to the tune of cheesy FM synths!

342409.jpg 342394.jpg 342399.jpg
    Postal: Deliverance #1, Sea of Stars #1, and Space Bandits #1 (of 5).

Had to give it to The Walking Dead.

So sad. Nothing from Image for me this week.