View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 29 - a bunch of endings

Whew, had to take a 2-week breather there following the events of The Walking Dead #193.

Here's this week's notable issues: Assassin Nation and Little Bird are both ending at their scheduled 5th issues. I think Little Bird has the best shot out of those 2 to return in some form, should the creators want to, or at least remain a somewhat relevant title. Seems like it garnered a lot of praise over the months.
    In near-endings, we find Evolution releasing its penultimate issue this week, as does The Warning - both will conclude next month. Black Science is nearing a similar end goal, but we have 2 months of that left to go.
    Then we also have some storylines running out, with Infinite Dark and Port of Earth both taking some time out, I expect they'll both be back in about 3 months.

Whew, who said comics never end and always regurgitate themselves!

342425.jpg 342453.jpg
    Covers for Assassin Nation #5 and Little Bird #5.

[EDIT: Seems like Infinite Dark is ending entirely, not just its current storyline - see post below this one.]
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Ryan Cady tweeted that Infinite Dark is ending with issue #8, so I'm hoping it's good enough ending to take my vote away from Gideon Falls. We shall see.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Ryan Cady tweeted that Infinite Dark is ending with issue #8, so I'm hoping it's good enough ending to take my vote away from Gideon Falls. We shall see.
    Didn't realise it was ending entirely, thanks! How's the series been?

Little Bird was great, but Gideon Falls continues to be Gideon Falls... AKA One of the best comics on the shelves.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

For last week I would really really want to vote for Paper Girls in a poll, but Ice Cream Man was just so good!!!!!

This week I still have Die #6 to read... But Coffin Bound #1 absolutely blew me away and after one issue is likely to be in my top five series of 2019. If you can get your hands on a copy at cover price (everywhere seems to be sold out, including where I work and Diamond) then I highly recommend it!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

I like the art on Coffin Bound, but I haven't read it yet.
    It's got a Miller/Crepax/Guerra/Risso vibe to it that I like a lot.

I haven't been reading much, to be honest. From any publisher.
    Checking out Hickman's X-Men. Curious to see what he'll do there. Liking it so far.
    Fraction on Jimmy Olsen. Fraction doing anything gets an auto look, but it feels like the Hawkguy Fraction, so I'm in.

That's about it for me.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 32 - aren't we all Coffin Bound

On that cheery title, hey, sorry for not updating this thread in a while. Anyway, the latest Gideon Falls win has been added to the spreadsheet, so we can focus on this week's releases!

It's a pretty packed week actually: DIE spins up a new storyline. Or I guess you could call it a new dungeon quest? Section Zero reaches the penultimate chapter, and the recent Witchblade reboot will be ending 3 issues from now. I also wonder what's up with Outcast. Don't see any further issues solicited at the minute, are they going on break or is this the series end?
    Furthermore, Image is reprinting a bunch of series' first issues at introductory prices of 1$ each. This means you can try COPRA, Criminal, Gideon Falls, Ice Cream Man, Isola, Oblivion Song, Trees and Unnatural at bargain prices. Finding that inclusion of Trees particularly salient; the series has been gone for a while already, hasn't it?

New this week is Coffin Bound. Written by the guy who did Limbo and drawn by DANI from 2000AD, this is a story about guns, cars, and the violent life of a lady determined to let nobody stand in her way.

344858.jpg

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Only bought DIE #6 from Image. Didn't disappoint. This book feels tailor-made for me, I love Gillen but a lot of the topics his books cover are alien to me. This isn't the case with DIE, and I adore every page.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Trees 3rd and, I believe final volume (Three Fates) starts in September.

Outcast returns in December for the final arc of the series.

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 35 - Very small Summer week

Hey y'all, finally had time again this week, apologies. DIE #6 won the previous poll, but that's a while ago already.

This week is the smallest week in quite a while this time, with essentially just 3 releases (plus one reprint).
    Ascender wraps up its first storyline. They don't take a break for the next one though, it's full steam ahead! Black Science's penultimate issue also ships this week.
    Lastly, Coffin Bound is seeing a reprint of the first issue from last month.

344877.jpg 344898.jpg 332753.jpg
    Covers for Ascender #5, Ice Cream Man #14, and the penultimate issue for Black Science.

EDIT: Post & poll edited to correct a mistake about Black Science #42, which I had previously marked as the series' final issue. Thanks Joker!

Actually, I believe the next issue of Black Science is the final issue, not this one.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/relea...ack-science-43
    Last edited by Joker; 08-29-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Dangit, sorry for the mistake everyone. Thanks Joker!

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 36 - Battlepug! Pretty Deadly! Spawn 300!

Well there's a first time for everything, and last week's 3-release poll resulted in... zero votes! Nobody wins!

This week's better though, here's the notable releases: Spawn #300 has been cooking for years now, and it's a massive 72-page issue with a cover reminiscent of a particular Spider-Man issue. The penultimate issue of Curse Words is out this week, while Section Zero ends entirely. Annnnndd looks like it's a wrap for The Wicked + The Divine too, barring perhaps an epilogue?

NEW this week:
    Battlepug is coming to print! New stories from Mike Norton's pug-riding barbarian story, which you might've previously caught in webcomic format.

Pretty Deadly: The Rat sees the long-awaited return of all-star duo Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Ríos to Image! The third entry in the poetically violent Pretty Deadly series is another stand-alone affair that's poised to look gorgeous and be full of righteous rage.

344855.jpg 347218.jpg 347222.jpg
    Covers for: Spawn #300 (alt cover J - Spider-Man parody), Battlepug #1, and Pretty Deadly: The Rat #1 (of 5).

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up the latest issue of DIE, it was a hoot and a half. Didn't realize Battlepug had a new print series, I should see if I can grab it the next time I'm to the shop.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Pretty Deadly!