View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I voted for Criminal #1 this week. I didn't manage to get hold of The Freeze #2, so Criminal wins by default anyway.

Is anyone reading Infinite Dark? I wasn't that keen after the first issue. It felt a bit like "I've seen this before", but after reading issues #2 and #3, I'm into it now. Quite like the guest columnist section in the back as well.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Criminal was absolutely fantastic (obviously!), but Die is on a whole other level compared to most things being published at the moment!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

I had to vote Criminal last week, and this week by default will be the final issue of Day of Hate.

I'm going to really miss seeing Zezlj art on this book. This was his best work in a while, and that's saying something.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Jealous: Days of Hate didn't make it to my LCS this week. I'll probably vote for it anyway. Yeah.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Default 2019 Image poll week #3 - Isola is back; Days of Hate wraps up

Sorry it took so long to get poll #3 posted ladies & gents, life gets in the way sometimes.

Last week's poll was convincingly won by the Criminal relaunch, looks like a bright future for this series' bleak future.

This week: Burnouts finishes its first storyline, while Deadly Class, Evolution, and Isola all begins new ones, Isola is on a bi-monthly schedule now by the way. Days of Hate concludes this week as scheduled, and judging from the comments here it went out on a banger. Speaking of Ales Kot, his and Tradd Moore's short-lived series The New World is also getting collected, which unfortunately flew so far under the radar I don't think anyone took notice when it was released.

What did you read this week? Vote for stuff you liked, let's go democracy!

327542.jpg 327517.jpg 327583.jpg
    Covers for Isola #6, Days of Hate #12, and the alternative cover for The Wicked + The Divine #41
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Oh, Days of Hate, Days of Hate.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

My pull list for the week covered Burnouts, which has been a fun easy read kind of book, Gideon Falls which I am still way way behind on and need to binge read 6 a dozen to catch up...it hasn't really hooked me as much as everyone else since i see alot of love in the comments here for that series, Middlewest, and the Warning which i am probably going to drop after this first arc. Not sure what i should vote for since nothing this week seems super exciting.

The Wicked + The Divine was great (obviously, as it’s one of the best comic series of the decade!!), but Gideon Falls continues to be pretty much perfect and one of the most exciting new things around!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Oh, Days of Hate, Days of Hate.
    I think I'll get this soon. I've kind of fallen off the Ales Kot bandwagon, but your and Joker's consistent praise of the series over the past month are chiselling away at that decision haha.

Default 2019 Image poll week #4 - twisty Oliver

Week four, we truckin' on! Vote for comics woo!

Last week's poll ran just a few days unfortunately, but the winner was Gideon Falls #10 as expected!

This week's happenings include: a hardcover collection of Mike Norton's (Revival) webcomic Battlepug, the end of the Beauty's current storyline, as well the one running in Die Die Die, Outcast starts heading to the final act, Middlewest is reprinting its first issue for the third time, Regression's series finale is here, and Monstress returns with a brand-new storyline.

New this week is Oliver, with the artist from Transmetropolitan teaming up with screenwriter Gary Whitta (credits include The Book of Eli, Star Wars Rogue One... and After Earth...), to deliver a sort of sci-fi retelling of Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist story. It reimagines "the famous orphan as a post-apocalyptic superhero fighting to liberate a war-ravaged England while searching for the truth about his own mysterious origins", as per the solicitation.

327479.jpg
    Oliver #1 cover

Amazing Member

Only one book for me this week, which seems unusually light. Just going to get Die! Die! Die! this time. This book just seems to pop up whenever it feels like it, I never see it listed on the pre-order lists for my subscription service, so I always have to just grab it off the shelf. I have liked this book throughout its run and I am actually caught up on this series as well. Looking forward to sitting down to see what happens this time.

Astonishingly, a very light Image week for me,too --none! 14 comics this week, and the only Image was one of two titles that didn't come in to my LCS last week, one of them Image's Days of Hate.

Only two from Image I read this week were Regression and Outcast. Both were great but Outcast was the best!! I had a look through Oliver a few times and just have no desire to read it... If I’d read Monstress that probably would get my vote, but I’ve only read the first TPB so far so gave the new issue a miss.

They/Them

Die! Die! Die! gets the vote for me. This series is so over the top in all the right and fun ways.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Default 2019 Image comic poll week #5 - Two Mark Millar series collected

Week 5 everyone, let's see what's releasing!

Last week's poll saw Monstress edging out a narrow lead, further cementing its position as overall forum-favourite.

This week: Ice Cream Man starts a new storyline, a bit of a longer one this time, running for at least 4 planned issues. Infinite Dark meanwhile, finishes its current storyline - the next one is already planned to release soon though. Same story for Skyward, which also ends a storyline this week, with 2 new issues already waiting in the wings. Spawn #293 also has an interesting gimmick this week, the third alternative cover comes with the entire issue printed in black & white instead.

There's no real new releases this week, but Mark Millar is pushing two older series back into print. 2010's Nemesis, with Steve McNiven was an Icon-imprint book over at Marvel, which now gets a collection at Image. Supercrooks is a little less old, dating back to 2012, and had received a hardcover publication back in the day. This week though, a cheaper softcover collection is published through Image.

330275.jpg 330277.jpg
    Covers for the Nemesis and Supercrooks collections.