View Poll Results: Week 40: which was your favourite Image comic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #40

0 0%
  • COPRA (2019) #1 [series premiere]

1 14.29%
  • Dead Eyes #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • DIE #8

4 57.14%
  • Man-Eaters #12 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Manifest Destiny #37

0 0%
  • Nomen Omen #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Sea of Stars #4

0 0%
  • Space Bandits #4 (of 5)

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Well there's a first time for everything, and last week's 3-release poll resulted in... zero votes! Nobody wins!
    Oops. Possible for me to put in a vote for Ice Cream Man as I completely forgot to come to the forum?
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

As there was no poll for last weeks releases I’d just like to say that Coffin Bound is truly amazing and looking like it could be the best comic of 2019!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

They/Them

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 38 - Small week this time

Whoops dropped another week there, sorry gang. I'll mark Coffin Bound as the winner as per LooneyKoala's post.

Here's this week's new stuff: Outpost Zero #13 marks the penultimate issue for that series, Rumble begins a new storyline with some anthology-esque stuff, aaaand... That's it! Rest of this week's issues are all part of ongoing storylines in their respective series. For what it's worth, there's a lot of collected editions coming out this week for the trade-waiters amongst us.

347264.jpg 347289.jpg
    Covers for Excellence #5 and Rumble (2018) #16.

What did you all pick up? To be honest I'm reading none of these. Hoping the solicitations next week contain some interesting new announcements.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Yeah same, I’m pretty much not reading any Image these days.

I'm hoping something I can really get into will be in the December solicits. I'm probably going to pick Family Tree and Undiscovered Country in November but other than those 2, not much else is grabbing me.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Whoops dropped another week there, sorry gang. I'll mark Coffin Bound as the winner as per LooneyKoala's post.
    Excellent

I think that this current week might be the first time this year I’ve not picked up an Image release...

They/Them

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 39 - Bag & Board your comics, folks

What's that smell? Something vaguely dusty, with a hint of unventilated vinegar? Why it must be new comics day!
    Last week's poll was decisively won by Rumble, which netted a staggering 100% of the votes! Those are sham election levels of support, folks.

Anyway, here's what's out this week:
    Battle Chasers is getting a full collection, although weirdly they sent out a last-minute update that all the promotional material & sketches will be scrapped, cutting down some 30 pages from the book, which will be replaced by a fold-out poster. Odd?
    Black Science is ending for real this time, not like last month when I prematurely pronounced the series dead. (Unless they're doing a 44th zombie issue of course.) Speaking of endings, Evolution is also calling it quits with 18 issues under its belt, The Ride: Burning Desire is closing in on its ending next month, and White Trees wraps up as scheduled after 2 double-sized issues.
    It's not all endings this week though; Deadly Class begins a new storyline!

New this week is SFSX, which is short for Safe Sex.
    Written by Tina Horn and drawn by Michael Dowling, this aims to sit somewhere between Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarksy's Sex Criminals and Stjepan Šejić's Sunstone. Here's a pitch for ya: "In a draconian America where sexuality is bureaucratized and policed, a group of queer sex workers keep the magic alive in an underground club called the Dirty Mind. Using their unique bondage skills, they resolve to infiltrate the mysterious government Pleasure Center, free their friends, and fight the power!"

Get educated folks & stay safe out there.

347217.jpg

Default 2019 Image Comics poll week 40 - COPRA, Dead Eyes, Nomen Omen

Hey y'all, this is a much bigger week for Image I feel. Last week's poll by the way, was won handily by Criminal #8.

Here's what's going on right now: Birthright ends its current storyline, with no new one scheduled yet I think, so expect that return to be ~3 months or more away. Manifest Destiny is back for a new storyline! Mark Millar's Space Bandits is releasing its penultimate issue this week, and lastly Man-Eaters comes to its conclusion too. I like the solicitation text here a lot: "Our 12-issue run of MAN-EATERS culminates with this comic/sacred text/satirical manifesto/cat care informational booklet/step-by-step instruction manual for dismantling the patriarchy. Each copy comes with a little bit of hope, at no additional cost. Amount of hope may vary. Hope is limited. Some readers may receive fury instead."

New this week are 3 series:
    1. COPRA is back for a new ongoing series from indie superstar Michel Fiffe.
    2. Dead Eyes is the new series from John McCrea & Gerry Duggan. This one's a crime comic about a famous masked hoodlum from New York & Boston in the 1990s.
    3. Nomen Omen is a new urban fantasy starring 20 year old Becky who's ordinary city life is about to blur with the one of a fantasy realm.

350000.jpg 350001.jpg 349983.jpg
    Covers for COPRA #1, Dead Eyes #1 and Nomen Omen #1.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Die #8 naturally. I don't think anything short of the book changing to be about Brit-Pop would make me hate an issue of this. Good stuff.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.