Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stan Lee’s Just Imagine Appreciation 2019

F3D5F874-8555-4A05-8864-66A97844E26C.jpg
    0F3940FA-B63B-4F25-AE05-2D01666762A3.jpg
    On November 2001, Stan Lee made his mark on the DC Universe.

Welcome to Earth-6.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

C789EE84-27FF-497E-8092-C50EBEB82635.jpg

This . . . words fail me.

I liked his version of Superman. The most powerful man of the world had this inferiority complex I found interesant.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I liked his version of Superman. The most powerful man of the world had this inferiority complex I found interesant.
    That sure is something to think about.

I literally just finished the omnibus today. There were some pretty interesting characters. As said, his Superman was an interesting take that felt distinctly Lee but also fairly original. He didn't feel like anything Stan had written at Marvel. Flash was a wonderful character that prefigured the sort of young characters Marvel is putting out now- a trait shared with the Tangent Flash, if you really think about it. Shazam and Sandman were fun dips into non-pure superhero genres.

Granted, it had some severe faults too. The overarching story gets super messy by the end, with Crisis being a pretty dire mess in most regards. That's OK though, considering that's just one out of about a dozen oneshots.

I'd be remiss without mentioning the art, as well. It was all great. Just across the board great. Guys like Gary Frank and Chris Bachalo put out some fantastic stuff. Joe Kubert and Big John Buscema returned to put out some of the best work on the stands at the time. even John Byrne did some work I enjoyed. IMO it's worth experiencing just for the art!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Flash and Superman.
    I actually found the first book released, Batman to be the weakest of the bunch.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I like the Aquaman book the best. Be cool to have a full run of that one.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I really need to get my hands on it. I always likes Elseworlds who go in bold new ways, even over those who simply switches places of birth for the characters (Red Son is an awesome story, but I always feel that DC plays it too safe with its Elseworlds). I'm pretty sure I would dig such craziness by Stan Lee.

I do feel that part of the messier elements were because of 9/11 happening, and they felt the need to add some post 9/11 messages in there. Not terrible or anything, just that you could see when they started to enact it.

Also some slight elements changing (Superman talking like a normal guy one issue and in "Brooklyn RAGE" the next, for instance).

Still, very cool stuff. I really enjoyed Wonder Woman, Flash, and Catwoman.

(Actually, now that I think about it, isn't Wonder Woman technically an illegal/undocumented immigrant? Exploring that seems timely and a very Lee thing to do.)

Yes, she is. It is sad however this was a only one time event. I would liked to see what could had Stan done with other DC names or with the famous DC villians.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, she is. It is sad however this was a only one time event. I would liked to see what could had Stan done with other DC names or with the famous DC villians.
    Well, they're still a confirmed part of the Multiverse, so there's always a possibility that they might come back (though we'll never see Stan's take on it, sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, they're still a confirmed part of the Multiverse, so there's always a possibility that they might come back (though we'll never see Stan's take on it, sadly).
    How true that is.

Amazing Member

i always wished we would have gotten a Martian Manhunter character from this universe.

I really enjoyed this issues. Green Lantern was my favorite in the series. I would have loved to see his take on Green Arrow. But then again I guess we did with Hawkeye.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.