Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think the dupes duping was established in his Fantastic Four appearance. I feel after Naruto came out everyone just writes Jamie as Mister Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and he's OP as Hell.
    Exactly, there's been a few changes over the years on how Jamie's powers work; but his dupes has always been able to multiply.

Christ, what's with this anti-Jamie savagery?

Attachment 76085

Also it's like 20 versus 5 and people are just standing around. Good going, creative team.
    And if im not mistaken Rosenberg has said that Madrox is one of his favorites x-men..
    Last edited by Imago; 01-04-2019 at 08:08 AM.

BANNED

Extermination - getting bodied by the two kids.

Before this, Madrox proved he was competent with X-Factor Investigations and they left him in peace after it closed down. He saved the FF in his book.
    Bishop mass killing Madrox in the mini actually hurt my feelings.
    Right, they all hate Madrox but they welcome genocidal babykiller Bishop with open arms.

Being honest about negative aspects of your favorite characters is always commendable and better than illogical favoritism (I mean, what are we, Spider-Man readers on Twitter?), but the issue is once again c-c-c-characterization where the mouthpieces are two heroes who are standing next to major villain Apocalypse. You can find ways to justify them being so mean, but you could have also just had Apocalypse make the joke.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Being honest about negative aspects of your favorite characters is always commendable and better than illogical favoritism (I mean, what are we, Spider-Man readers on Twitter?), but the issue is once again c-c-c-characterization where the mouthpieces are two heroes who are standing next to major villain Apocalypse. You can find ways to justify them being so mean, but you could have also just had Apocalypse make the joke.
    The criticism from the characters just doesn't ring true. Madrox is more of a coward in terms of social interaction, not heroism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    And if im not mistaken Rosenberg has said that Madrox is one of his favorites x-men..
    I hope not, I kind of think that anyone who liked Madrox as a favourite had to have enjoyed Peter David (who wrote him for most of 20 years.) It is possible they read one of the few appearances during Claremont's run and just thought it was a cool power, or maybe even Fallen Angels and liked the idea of individuality that was raised. One would hope there was still some level of respect for Peter David despite Soule using Madrox because 50 bodies in a mass grave is a cooler image than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    maybe even Fallen Angels and liked the idea of individuality that was raised.
    oh yeah i like how the like the dozen superheroes have no reaction to someone being murdered right in front of them
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    oh yeah i like how the like the dozen superheroes have no reaction to someone being murdered right in front of them
    They only can react off panel. Panel space is saved for long battles with incompetent use of powers, standing around waiting for villains or heroes to finish monologing, character snarkiness, or allowing friends to die/disappear/etc.

1. Someone, despite being a dupe, just died and both Ororo and Kitty are just cracking jokes about Madrox.
    2. Madrox is not incompetent whatsoever. He's probably one of the more tactical X-Men characters in recent history.
    3. Out of everyone else there, Lorna has been the one who worked with Madrox most closely. She should have had some commentary. But nope!
    4. Not only is Apocalypse just standing around doing nothing, but they're actually drawing him in multiple panels just standing around doing nothing. Is he too afraid that Jean will just beat him up again if he tries to kill Legion/X-Man? Or maybe he's just laughing to himself and watching the X-Men kill each other.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

I think the dupes duping was established in his Fantastic Four appearance. I feel after Naruto came out everyone just writes Jamie as Mister Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and he's OP as Hell.
    I read Giant-Size FF #4 today, it does seem like his dupes can duplicate themselves as when two Madrox fell down and became four Madroxes.

His dupe in Uncanny X-Men 9 seems like a weakling when he could take on the whole FF in that Giant-Size issue.

Yes, Marvel has assassinated his character.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Not only is Apocalypse just standing around doing nothing, but they're actually drawing him in multiple panels just standing around doing nothing. Is he too afraid that Jean will just beat him up again if he tries to kill Legion/X-Man? Or maybe he's just laughing to himself and watching the X-Men kill each other.
    He has the same pose in all of the panels, so I'm assuming that he is doing the statue challenge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    2. Madrox is not incompetent whatsoever. He's probably one of the more tactical X-Men characters in recent history.
    Madrox is not incompetent. (where did this anti-Madrox come from?).

He was able to nearly defeat the whole FF team in Giant-Size FF #4.

Madrox is supposed to have blond hair (in his origin) and not brown hair in this issue.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-04-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah, I think he was only blonde in his first appearance(s). He was definitely born blonde, but I think once he started appearing in the X-Men book, he was made a brunette. It's also weird because the official Marvel Handbook had him as a blonde as well. Either way, I think he as a brunette suits him better. But hey, it happens in real life that people's hair color naturally changes from blonde to brunette or vice versa as they get older.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Jamie's the smart one lol

It's hilarious that Xman thought the Xmen actually came up with that plan to keep him trapped in Legion's mind...IF ONLY it had been that well planned out. So tired of these events where the team doesn't know what's going on and just stands around and gets picked off.

Glad Emma isn't in this crap.

If Madrox's dupes can't dupe, then why did the X-Men have such a problem fighting the horde of them in the first few issues?

Yes it's an army of super powered Madroxes, but it would be a finite number with no reinforcements since Jamie Prime was in a bunker.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Jamie's the smart one lol

It's hilarious that Xman thought the Xmen actually came up with that plan to keep him trapped in Legion's mind...IF ONLY it had been that well planned out. So tired of these events where the team doesn't know what's going on and just stands around and gets picked off.

Glad Emma isn't in this crap.
    For the record, even when HANDED a situation where X-man is contained within Legion's mind, they immediately throw it away instead of figuring out a way to actually take advantage of this.

I'm almost certain at this stage that the overall message of this storyline is "The X-men are completely ineffectual"