Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Probably needed more time for a proper relaunch.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

YUCK!!!!

We got Kelly Thompson on Deadpool coming up.

After the mess that was her DP in MMX, this doesn't look good. And she's another Thompson on DP with Bach on art.

I see bad Spider-Man/Deadpool flashbacks.

I almost miss Daniel Way now...So Deadpool will be another fav. I won't be reading any time soon.

That leaves Monet, and a few other liked characters. But only 1 fav. out of 3 still standing.

Cool for KT.
    I liked Deadpool in MMX so I hope Gambit and Rogue will make appearance here too.

Hopefully not. She already got to put RxG back together, and tear down RP in the process in pettiness. They don't need to be showing him up in his own title. But then again, they probably will. Who knows.

Won't matter since I don't plan to read. But that'll just be more stuff working against DP while some fans hope for better writing in the future that was similar to Bunn, Kelly, Duggan, or Fabian.

Coming off of Duggan, every writer who's had DP has gone back the Daniel Way route. Lord knows when we'll get the serious one back who's actually a character instead of a walking meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hopefully not. She already got to put RxG back together, and tear down RP in the process in pettiness. They don't need to be showing him up in his own title. But then again, they probably will. Who knows.

Won't matter since I don't plan to read. But that'll just be more stuff working against DP while some fans hope for better writing in the future that was similar to Bunn, Kelly, Duggan, or Fabian.

Coming off of Duggan, every writer who's had DP has gone back the Daniel Way route. Lord knows when we'll get the serious one back who's actually a character instead of a walking meme.
    Your opinion.

I will check this book and I hope they will appear.

Hopefully the sales won't be too good and she'll be gone sooner than Young. lol I don't think she'll maintain DP any longer than Mr. & Mrs. X lasted. So hopefully this will last about a year as a maxi series & we can try again with another writer.

Somebody bring Bunn back.Give him a team book of Creed, Deadpool Monet, Emma, and Bishop, Chamber, and Husk. He could work that. B

e good to throw in Jubilee since her relationship with Chamber didn't get much focus. But the team will run too large.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-13-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Heard mostly good things from the fans of MMX but never really gave the book a chance. The bits I read of her Jessica Jones book were good though. I'll give this book a look, but keep my expectations low.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Heard mostly good things from the fans of MMX but never really gave the book a chance. The bits I read of her Jessica Jones book were good though. I'll give this book a look, but keep my expectations low.
    Let me know how it is. If she actually does do a DP I can enjoy, i'll retract all my criticisms. But I have been burned too often the last 3 years, so I am done trying unless I hear good news from other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool for KT.
    I liked Deadpool in MMX so I hope Gambit and Rogue will make appearance here too.
    I did like Wade in MMX too. Just happy to see an official relaunch. I'll obviously be giving it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I did like Wade in MMX too. Just happy to see an official relaunch. I'll obviously be giving it a chance.
    Agreed. Bachalo's artwork is irresistible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool for KT.
    Yes. This is excellent news.

As much as I love Wade, I couldn't stick with the current series. It just didn't work.

While it's going to be hard for any DP run to equal or exceed the quality of Duggan's, I think KT stands a much better chance at making it happen it than Young did.

Pumped to check this out.

Deadpool had a good showing on MMX under KT's writing. Bachalo's a good choice too.

In Marvel Comics #1000, Deadpool appears quite a few times and all of them wonderful reads. However, even though it was only for one-page, it was still so nice reading Gail Simone writing Wade again.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Solicit for Deadpool #4.
    Untitled0.jpg
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN
    GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HAWTHORNE
    DEADPOOL VS KRAVEN!
    • King Deadpool enters single combat to save his entire kingdom!
    • If Deadpool became king of the monsters when he killed the previous king, will Kraven become king when he kills Deadpool?

I see a cover like this, and instantly flashback to Daniel Way. Or worse, Rob Thompson. Didn't think it possible, but he surpassed Way in the ruining of DP from a legit character to a complete Jar Jark Binks, joke. How typical when my favorites get saved by a writer, they get the boot & the following writer resets them to joke status.

BANNED

DEADPOOL 3 OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BY RYAN REYNOLDS