Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 88 of 88
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Probably needed more time for a proper relaunch.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    YUCK!!!!

    We got Kelly Thompson on Deadpool coming up.


    After the mess that was her DP in MMX, this doesn't look good. And she's another Thompson on DP with Bach on art.

    I see bad Spider-Man/Deadpool flashbacks.

    I almost miss Daniel Way now...So Deadpool will be another fav. I won't be reading any time soon.

    That leaves Monet, and a few other liked characters. But only 1 fav. out of 3 still standing.

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Cool for KT.
    I liked Deadpool in MMX so I hope Gambit and Rogue will make appearance here too.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Hopefully not. She already got to put RxG back together, and tear down RP in the process in pettiness. They don't need to be showing him up in his own title. But then again, they probably will. Who knows.

    Won't matter since I don't plan to read. But that'll just be more stuff working against DP while some fans hope for better writing in the future that was similar to Bunn, Kelly, Duggan, or Fabian.

    Coming off of Duggan, every writer who's had DP has gone back the Daniel Way route. Lord knows when we'll get the serious one back who's actually a character instead of a walking meme.

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hopefully not. She already got to put RxG back together, and tear down RP in the process in pettiness. They don't need to be showing him up in his own title. But then again, they probably will. Who knows.

    Won't matter since I don't plan to read. But that'll just be more stuff working against DP while some fans hope for better writing in the future that was similar to Bunn, Kelly, Duggan, or Fabian.

    Coming off of Duggan, every writer who's had DP has gone back the Daniel Way route. Lord knows when we'll get the serious one back who's actually a character instead of a walking meme.
    Your opinion.

    I will check this book and I hope they will appear.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Hopefully the sales won't be too good and she'll be gone sooner than Young. lol I don't think she'll maintain DP any longer than Mr. & Mrs. X lasted. So hopefully this will last about a year as a maxi series & we can try again with another writer.

    Somebody bring Bunn back.Give him a team book of Creed, Deadpool Monet, Emma, and Bishop, Chamber, and Husk. He could work that. B

    e good to throw in Jubilee since her relationship with Chamber didn't get much focus. But the team will run too large.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-13-2019 at 02:39 PM.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Heard mostly good things from the fans of MMX but never really gave the book a chance. The bits I read of her Jessica Jones book were good though. I'll give this book a look, but keep my expectations low.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Heard mostly good things from the fans of MMX but never really gave the book a chance. The bits I read of her Jessica Jones book were good though. I'll give this book a look, but keep my expectations low.
    Let me know how it is. If she actually does do a DP I can enjoy, i'll retract all my criticisms. But I have been burned too often the last 3 years, so I am done trying unless I hear good news from other fans.

  9. #84
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool for KT.
    I liked Deadpool in MMX so I hope Gambit and Rogue will make appearance here too.
    I did like Wade in MMX too. Just happy to see an official relaunch. I'll obviously be giving it a chance.

  10. #85
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I did like Wade in MMX too. Just happy to see an official relaunch. I'll obviously be giving it a chance.
    Agreed. Bachalo's artwork is irresistible.

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool for KT.
    Yes. This is excellent news.

    As much as I love Wade, I couldn't stick with the current series. It just didn't work.

    While it's going to be hard for any DP run to equal or exceed the quality of Duggan's, I think KT stands a much better chance at making it happen it than Young did.

    Pumped to check this out.

  12. #87
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Deadpool had a good showing on MMX under KT's writing. Bachalo's a good choice too.

  13. #88
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    In Marvel Comics #1000, Deadpool appears quite a few times and all of them wonderful reads. However, even though it was only for one-page, it was still so nice reading Gail Simone writing Wade again.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •