Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Good. He seriously needs one. Lol

BANNED

hope Hastings or Loveness get the gig

*waves the Bunn for Main book flag*
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Just give it to Hastings. He already told comedy stories that were still real stories with Gwenpool. And he could add Gwenpool. Bunn would be good too, but he's already written so much DP.
    Well, Gwen does need a new home now, as West Coast Avengers is also cancelled. However, when Wade appeared in Gwen's book, it turned out that Deadpool was one of the few comics Gwen didn't read! She doesn't even like him, she just got lumbered with a similar costume because her tailor thought Gwenpool was her codename, when she was really telling her her real name, Gwen Poole. Any other similarities between them (like weapon preference) are, in-universe, coincidental.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-24-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The main book is practically begging for Cullen Bunn to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The main book is practically begging for Cullen Bunn to write it.
    I hope so. I want gritty DP back.

And I am tired of reading people PRAISING Young for "bringing DP back to form" while trashing Duggan for ruining. Spoken just like people who didn't know DP before Way, or the movies.

However, Bunn is the best choice for a lot of characters. But the X-Office seems to have a vendetta against him or the characters he tries to clean up, which makes it more likely he never get them again.

BANNED

Bunn's like the least exciting option to take over

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I hope so. I want gritty DP back.

And I am tired of reading people PRAISING Young for "bringing DP back to form" while trashing Duggan for ruining. Spoken just like people who didn't know DP before Way, or the movies.

However, Bunn is the best choice for a lot of characters. But the X-Office seems to have a vendetta against him or the characters he tries to clean up, which makes it more likely he never get them again.
    Well you're going to get that often because the Deadpool Boom came just as Way's run was getting going. So there are a LOT of fans from the Pew Pew School of Deadpool Internet Memes. It's unfortunate that so any people were introduced to the character that way. When so many other people (Kelly, Nicieza, Remender, Duggan, Bunn) have done so much more right by Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Bunn's like the least exciting option to take over
    He's the most reliable and proven.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well you're going to get that often because the Deadpool Boom came just as Way's run was getting going. So there are a LOT of fans from the Pew Pew School of Deadpool Internet Memes. It's unfortunate that so any people were introduced to the character that way. When so many other people (Kelly, Nicieza, Remender, Duggan, Bunn) have done so much more right by Wade.
    Then there's also the game, written by Way. If people like that version, they're not wrong. But I get annoyed when they start trying to say that's how he's supposed to be. Because it's not .That's not how he started off, and him being that way is a character deviation.

And even more annoying those are the writers who get him longer. Look how Kelly was on 18 chapters for SM/DP, meanwhile Thompson was on much longer, and did more disservice to DP. When Kelly left, so did the heart of the series.

It's a bummer that Shiklah was the only thing I hated about Duggan's run, then as soon as she's gone, it's when his run is on the way out & nobody's captured the magic again since.

Man...

BANNED

Thompson's DP is great

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Thompson's DP is great
    Not for me. I never cared for constantly fourth-wall breaking clown DP. So writers going for that version -Thompson, Way, Bendis, and Pak, I gotta pass & come back when DP is a gritty character again. Like Nicieza's, Duggan's, Kelly's, Bunn's.

My pet-peeve is once gritty characters turning into cartoons. Deadpool is the best example.

Then ya got Simone & Pak who turned Domino from a confident badass, snarky, merc to a n insecure scatter-brained millennial. lol And her solo referencing constantly that she's never had friends & we have what seems like a college girl trip book. lol

And Pak who managed to make Sabretooth comedy relief in Weapon X by turning him into a Meg Griffin abused moron, then graduating to making him a cringey dork frat boy. lol Roger Klotz from Doug comes to mind. Though he wasn't a frat boy, so much a dumb HS kid who was still in 6th grade. When you've done that with Creed, you went wrong somewhere. lol

So needless to say, both my favorites need revamps -least in my opinion since I haven't enjoyed them in over a year. Deadpool has a chance to get a good one. It's too late for Creed. He's been on the decline for 16 years. Something good (for me) may pop up in a mini in a few years, but I don't expect anything soon.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2019 at 04:10 PM.

BANNED

I like more fun stories like the ones Robbie Thompson, Simone and Pak are releasing lol

I just find them annoying. lol Give them some un (or under) developed D-List characters to write if they wanna go the cartoon comedy route. Rather than letting them take once serious characters & turn them into cartoons. That's how characters get ruined.

1. Daniel Way came along & did that for DP. Now he's known for being a 4th breaking joke character. Sad for fans who liked the tragic & serious version.
    2. Simone / Pak are doing it with Domino, and she may turn into Harley Quinn if it doesn't stop soon. But apparently X-Force has taken her back to serious roots. So she may be safe, since I think Simone will be done with her after Hotshots.
    3. Sabretooth has been messed up for years. Pak didn't start his descent, but he added another layer to it by writing Creed as a pervy, childish millennial the latter half of the book. Dick Steele? Smurfy McElfskin & Boob Inspections? Yo Mama Jokes? Cheeseburger Memes? YUCK! He just became a poorer man's DP. lol
    4. Mystique. Used to be a mutant freedom fighter, and was more like Emma Frost, Then they killed off Destiny & started taking her into Saturday Morning villain territory. Now she's just a one-note psycho who gets off on being a sadist & shagging Sabretooth out of nowhere.

Other characters like Monet, Storm, and Gambit suffering the same thing. A particular writer deviated from their consistent portrayal, now we're stuck with said deviations as their new default modes.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2019 at 04:26 PM.

BANNED

lol I like all those developments besides the ones for Monet