Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Thompson's DP is great
    Way too much over-the-top humor and fourth wall breaking for me. Like, we get it. He can break the fourth wall. Don't beat it to a pulp.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Way too much over-the-top humor and fourth wall breaking for me. Like, we get it. He can break the fourth wall. Don't beat it to a pulp.
    Agreed. When it's happening numerous times every chapters, it's annoying as Hell. I think he's taken it to levels no other writer has gone before. And it takes me out of the story, and I can't even take it seriously. It's fun when characters do it on occasion very sporadically. I think of Will Smith in Fresh Prince. He did it on a few occasions, and it was fun. But it didn't happen enough to be obnoxious. lol

Sabretooth has done it, when he says DP is a Slade Wilson rip-off. But again, that ain't a staple part of his character. Duggan's DP did it, but not too often in the grand scheme of things. At least in story. The most he did was Chibi DP's opening segments at the start.

So more than ever, bring in Bunn or a similar dark writer to make DP worth it again! Peter Griffin isn't what I sign up for when I think of DP. If I want laughs & mindless fun, i'll watch Family Guy. But I don't want that in DP -at least not constantly.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Deadpool is in the Ziggy Pig Silly Seal one-shot.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...seal-comics-1/

The solicit lied about the age rating (it's Parental Advisory, not Teen), so Marvel should make this book returnable, IMHO.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That master planner Zemo content I crave.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Deadpool was a question on ITV's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire tonight (7th March).

What is the alter ego of Deadpool? Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, or Wade Wilson.

The contestant ended up taking their cash, having used the 50/50 and Ask The Host lifelines (presenter Jeremy Clarkson is a fan of the Avengers movies, and said that Matt Murdock wasn't in that but he didn't think Wade Wilson was either - turns out he hasn't seen the Netflix shows or Deadpool movies).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-07-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

War of the Realms #5 main cover

Well things look up for our Merc with A Mouth in Hotshots

spoilers:
    He appears to get something going with Diamondback. Was not expecting that, but it seems like a fun fling type of relationship that may or may not get more serious as the series goes on. According to Gail Simone, the Hotshots series will continue passed issue 5, but there's gonna be a pause before it continues. probably in case of Hickman's stuff.

But a fun ship like this can be good for Wade in light of the toxicity with Shiklah, heartbreak with Rogue, and losing his family. Wade could use some non-committal fun. Domino thinks they're wrong together, but hopes it can work since they both deserve some happiness. Black Widow doesn't get it. Outlaw seems cool with it.
    end of spoilers

Still no news on what's coming next for his own ongoing, eh?

Surprisingly mum.

With SM/DP ending and no ongoing, Deadpool will be conspicuously absent from the books. Anyone read the War of the Realms tie-in with him in it? Heard it was pretty good.

Wade appears on the New Look Marvel Universe banner by newly acquired artist Patrick Gleason with... a new look of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Still no news on what's coming next for his own ongoing, eh?

Surprisingly mum.

With SM/DP ending and no ongoing, Deadpool will be conspicuously absent from the books. Anyone read the War of the Realms tie-in with him in it? Heard it was pretty good.
    I haven't read it yet. Like with Creed, I am afraid to read their stuff. lol

I just got finished skimming Young's DP, issue 12. And I will read til the end if Ellie comes back. Weasel is back again for revenge, and he wants Wade to really hurt before he dies. So he's going after Ellie.
    RCO022_1556719478.jpg
    At least that's a smidge of Duggan;'s DP shining through. It appears Young is continuing Kelly's thread from SM/DP. Which is nice. I liked Kelly's portion of the series. Sadly it may be rendered non-canon with Thompson's ending on the series. Which would also make this story non-canon probably.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-10-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I haven't read it yet. Like with Creed, I am afraid to read their stuff. lol

I just got finished skimming Young's DP, issue 12. And I will read til the end if Ellie comes back. Weasel is back again for revenge, and he wants Wade to really hurt before he dies. So he's going after Ellie.
    hmm I've been ignoring this series since the bad first arc, but I might pick up these last few issues.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    hmm I've been ignoring this series since the bad first arc, but I might pick up these last few issues.
    Same. The one book I was reading will be ending this Wed. So Young's DP could be decent if it's going in a more serious direction with Ellie.

However, I don't think this story is gonna continue for a bit. Issues 13 + 14 are WoR tie-ins, then it gets back to this story-line the final issue. So I guess i'll check back with it issue 15. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-10-2019 at 09:20 AM.

If the remaining issues turn out to be okay, maybe I'll pick up the trade. But I'm going to continue voting with my wallet. This series just doesn't deserve to be on my pull list.

So my thought today is with the entire line ending and relaunching after Hickman's two minis, we may not hear anything about a Deadpool ongoing until SDCC... or later.

Deadpool to be part of the Carnage event. 3 issue mini series written by Frank Tieri. Might be interested, while Frank's not on my Mt. Rushmore of pool writers, he's done some good stories.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...otes-and-more/
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!