Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Did...did he just fly out of there with a jetpack!? LMAO

What was the point of trolling him that hard lol
    sabretooth is great with a jetpack lol. The story was set just after Sabretooth's return, Logan went to Japan to investigate and well Creed got to him first and decided to play with him lol. Sabretooth trolling Wolverine is basically something that Creed used to do in the past mostly during Logan's birthday, although he also trolled him during the Tieri's run and the Rucka's run:

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Like his pal Vic. lol Who always has a good winning streak whenever Peepers isn't interrupting. lol
    If Peppers keeps interrupting someone is going to pour some beer on his head lol.

That was a very odd issue. Quite different from the Creed we're used to. I liked it, but it had a very trippy vibe. lol Looks like they also came close to giving him Logan's hair.
    Yeah really strange issue, at the time I'm not sure if anyone knew of Claremont's plans regarding the whole clones thing so yeah it was hard to give Creed a consistant characterization. Regarding the hair, fortunately it didn't happen too many times lol.

Ugh. Or too much time under Pak. They'll show him getting catfished on a dating App later. Thus cementing why we only see him with Mystique. She's the only woman who will respond.
    How the mighty have fallen...

I hope we don't get that Creed. Honestly from what I remember, he seemed like a joke there too. Wasn't that where he showed up scared to death, and wanted the X-Men for protection. That alone lost me. Then the run ended with him getting shot into space on a rocket? More jobbing & Meg Griffin abuse.

And the fact Hickman liked that run has me even more worried about Creed's future.
    I don't remember Carey's run a lot, but I do remember that after Supernovas Creed had to fight Deadpool on Cable's Island and the fight was stopped when Cable threw Creed in the sea with his TK.

I hope it doesn't play too big a role. Staying filler would be the best thing. Again, since I am still not impressed by his Creed when we see him getting pulled & smacked around right in preview pages. Not to mention he's bland as Heck. He just doesn't have the menace of Prime Sabretooth. No version of him has since Tierri set the bar.
    Well after what happened in today issue, not sure what Marvel want to do with him to be honest but as I said previously just have him out of any X-Men books for a while, that would be for the best.

He may as well. Almost EVERY time he's around or on teams, he's more of a joke than usual. I'll have to add Carey's run to that. If that is the one I am recalling above. Marking Bunn the only guy to make me enjoy Creed on a team.
    As part of the Weapon X team written by Tieri it was fun but not sure if that really counts as "team" to be honest. I liked how he manipulated and outsmarted everyone during Uncanny X-Force though. He was fun in Identity Disc too.

Not surprised about Synch. Seems clear he wasn't the most popular character given how much abuse he took when he was introduced with police pointing guns at him, and repeatedly shown having been beaten up by bullies. Eventually Monet had to start saving him. Makes sense they killed him off so pathetically.

Plus he was Monet's first love, and she's a big enough character to leave him dead for that alone. Can't have happy relationships at the X-Office. So first loves must stay lost. See Destiny.
    I think they could have done a lot of interesting things with Synch instead of just killed him off but oh well maybe one day a writer will bring him back and do something interesting with him.

They need to repower Maverick. We already don't have many mutants getting used. May as well not fridge off the bigger B-listers that people liked.
    Another reminder of why I don't like House of M and the whole decimation era.

Idk, there's so many bad runs that did Creed no justice, there's always plenty to chose from & for future writers to look at for reference on "how to write" him.Nobody seems to read far back enough to see he's supposed to be dangerous & competent.

Like Pak's Weapon X when the X-Force team is introduced. Creed's power box says that he's "Wolverine, times 10." I have seen many fans laughing or scoffing at that. But if Creed is actually being written accurately, then that's true. Not a laughing matter. But sadly, nowadays Creed seems defaulted to writers thinking he's just a big mouth who can't back anything up.

Sad as it may be, I may have to call myself a former Sabretooth fan. Because I haven't see one to be a fan of that often. Last good writer was Brisson in IF. Favorite was Bunn though. And if even Hickman can't do the research to save him, he's doomed to be a sorry character with occasional good writer once every few years.
    After what happened today unfortunately you may be right, he just became a pathetic character. I didn't think it could be worse than Weapon X, and well I think the biggest lesson is to never underestimate Marvel when it comes to Sabretooth lol. I'm still interested in Hickam's upcoming HOX/POX but when it comes to Creed, yeah not like I care anymore.

But on a good note, I can be happy with commissions. I just got done exchanging emails with Mr. Jeanty himself, who's gonna do a Cronet commission for me.
    Oh nice! Jeanty is one of the best Sabretooth artists ever, you're lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Guys, I know it's dreadful but we gotta face WotR: Executed X-Men #3.

It's digital format is available on Marvel APP to buy now, though at this very moment, after reading it, I just wanna someone mind-wipe this 3-issues-long nonsense from my memory.

spoilers:
    Creed was beheaded by Magik.
    And Sunspot made a self destruction, then Dani saw his spiritual body, so he died.
    end of spoilers
    Damn what a bunch of nonsense, what happened to Creed is a running gag by now lol. Well let's hope it wasn't him but another clone lol.

Rosenberg's Sabretooth was HORRIBLE. That was a Sinister clone right? This was NOT the Sabes Ive been reading the past several years

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rosenberg's Sabretooth was HORRIBLE. That was a Sinister clone right? This was NOT the Sabes Ive been reading the past several years
    This is the Sabretooth I am used to seeing. I called this last Dec. when he got reverted.

I knew this wasn't gonna be good.
    • Creed was brought back in a tie-in. Not even important enough to make the main book with other villains.
    • He's in ratty street clothes surrounded by red-shirt dogs.
    • He wasn't important enough to be on Scott's list. Even Mojo was there.
    • And the preview gave a taste of what to expect.

And looking at Hickman's panels, he doesn't have anymore planned for Creed that what we've been getting. I was right to not want him as a villain again because he's been a joke for the longest.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    If Peppers keeps interrupting someone is going to pour some beer on his head lol.
    Least he still has a head. lol

Yeah really strange issue, at the time I'm not sure if anyone knew of Claremont's plans regarding the whole clones thing so yeah it was hard to give Creed a consistent characterization. Regarding the hair, fortunately it didn't happen too many times lol.
    I tend to ignore all the stories of him in the orange jumpsuit. lol I stick to the idea all of them were clone Creed.

How the mighty have fallen...
    Yep. I am waiting on that story where it's revealed Creed lost his virginity to Mystique and hasn't been with another woman besides her. Granted we've seen him with other women, but since when does Marvel pay attention to continuity that's in Creed's favor? Lol

I don't remember Carey's run a lot, but I do remember that after Supernovas Creed had to fight Deadpool on Cable's Island and the fight was stopped when Cable threw Creed in the sea with his TK.
    I didn't read the Cable & Deadpool stuff, but the little I saw, Creed was a joke there too. Unless a writer is a fan of Frank Tierri's Creed, I am not optimistic.

Well after what happened in today issue, not sure what Marvel want to do with him to be honest but as I said previously just have him out of any X-Men books for a while, that would be for the best.
    I agree. i'd rather see him used on rare occasions when writers actually have something good planned for him. Instead of seeing him in numerous books to be a joke.

As part of the Weapon X team written by Tieri it was fun but not sure if that really counts as "team" to be honest. I liked how he manipulated and outsmarted everyone during Uncanny X-Force though. He was fun in Identity Disc too.
    Yeah I don't count that one as a team book. He was mostly solo there, going on missions with a partner or co-worker while he planned his own stuff in the background.

After what happened today unfortunately you may be right, he just became a pathetic character. I didn't think it could be worse than Weapon X, and well I think the biggest lesson is to never underestimate Marvel when it comes to Sabretooth lol. I'm still interested in Hickam's upcoming HOX/POX but when it comes to Creed, yeah not like I care anymore.
    This is why Sabretooth is not a popular character. He's not taken seriously by the X-Office & if they don't care about him, he gets writing like this. And as a result, he just looks like a bland joke character that you're not supposed to care about.

Oh nice! Jeanty is one of the best Sabretooth artists ever, you're lucky!
    The price is a bit much, but I rarely spend much money. So one big purchase is ok I figure. Plus he's cheaper than Lolli, whom I had to tell I couldn't afford right now. Hopefully Jeanty is good. I LOVED his Sabretooth, but Weapon X was 17 years ago. His recent art on X-Tremists hasn't been his best showing. So I worry if he's lost some steps.

Damn what a bunch of nonsense, what happened to Creed is a running gag by now lol. Well let's hope it wasn't him but another clone lol
    A defective clone would be nice. But I won't hold my breath for it. lol

@Silver Fang

Hickman's run will change everything they say..

@Hush
    Damn what a bunch of nonsense, what happened to Creed is a running gag by now lol. Well let's hope it wasn't him but another clone lol.
    Even if that likens the chance that Romulus will come back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    @Silver Fang

Hickman's run will change everything they say..
    Well it will for some characters. But with Sabretooth, who has fallen so far down the rabbit hole of obscurity & non-popularity, Hickman won't be changing anything for him.

Apparently Hickman's research on Creed consists of Austen, Bendis, and Pak.

Well Claremont was gonna have Sinister be the one who made clones of Creed. So we usually go with Sinister clones for his worst jobbing sessions.

Yeah the two of them really make a great duo:

The wink he gave to Wild Child in the next panel didn't help either lol.

Yeah not sure why he's with them, I hope it's not just because Mystique is here. Maybe they want to do something with Creed being part of this new brotherhood and Monet being part of the new X-Men team, it's a really strange. Maybe he has an ulterior motive just like the last time he joined the brotherhood during Uncanny X-Force.

Same thing during the Identity Disc mini, where he also had his own plan and the ending was really left open to interpretation regarding Sabretooth real goal.

Regarding the Wolverine "vs" Sabretooth fight, that wouldn't surprise me or maybe they will be forced to work together for some reason, just bring back Maverick and Wraith and Team X is back lol.

Thanks for the interview, I'm curious about who brought Creed back to life and gave him those technological enhancements, maybe the Reavers, Sinister, Apocalypse or an old hero that turn crazy. Anyway at least Brisson kind of fixed this version of Sabretooth especially after what happened to him during that Weapon X flashback.

Yeah the DML series has been a pleasant surprise since issue #6, and Brisson did a great job with Sabretooth during the Iron Fist series so I'm hopeful lol.

Regarding Creed's future post POX/HOX, I would like to see him fight against the Gorgon for the control of the Hand, it could be interesting! I think he should have his own criminal organization by now and he should be playing in the big leagues, and doing his own thing away from the X-Men for a while. He could still troll Wolverine from times to times, it's always fun lol:

Ah classic Jetpack Sabretooth, is always good to see him lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Least he still has a head. lol
    Guy lost his head a lot nowadays lol. At least he got stitched back during DML.

I tend to ignore all the stories of him in the orange jumpsuit. lol I stick to the idea all of them were clone Creed.
    Yeah same for me lol.

Yep. I am waiting on that story where it's revealed Creed lost his virginity to Mystique and hasn't been with another woman besides her. Granted we've seen him with other women, but since when does Marvel pay attention to continuity that's in Creed's favor? Lol
    Well I prefer to see him dead if that's the case lol.

I didn't read the Cable & Deadpool stuff, but the little I saw, Creed was a joke there too. Unless a writer is a fan of Frank Tierri's Creed, I am not optimistic.
    Maybe I'm wrong but sometimes I'm under the impression that a lot of people never read Tieri's Wolverine & Weapon X run, that's the only explanation.

I agree. i'd rather see him used on rare occasions when writers actually have something good planned for him. Instead of seeing him in numerous books to be a joke.
    This is why Sabretooth is not a popular character. He's not taken seriously by the X-Office & if they don't care about him, he gets writing like this. And as a result, he just looks like a bland joke character that you're not supposed to care about.
    Yeah, they shouldn't use him if they're just going to butcher him like this, sometimes I wonder why this character is still alive. They should have just killed him and be done with it, he's such a joke nowadays.

The price is a bit much, but I rarely spend much money. So one big purchase is ok I figure. Plus he's cheaper than Lolli, whom I had to tell I couldn't afford right now. Hopefully Jeanty is good. I LOVED his Sabretooth, but Weapon X was 17 years ago. His recent art on X-Tremists hasn't been his best showing. So I worry if he's lost some steps.
    Yeah not really surprising, commissions can cost a lot of money but if you were able to get one for a good price and you don't buy a lot of them I think that's worth it. True about X-Tremists, although I'm sure drawing Sabretooth again will motivate him to do a job!

A defective clone would be nice. But I won't hold my breath for it. lol
    Yeah me neither lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post

@Hush

Just have Romulus come back and get his ass kicked by Creed that would be glorious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ah classic Jetpack Sabretooth, is always good to see him lol.
    JetPack Sabretooth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hush; 06-26-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Guy lost his head nowadays lol. At least he got stitched back during DML.
    Awww. Poor Peeps. But he's still doing better than Wild Child.

Well I prefer to see him dead if that's the case lol.
    The perfect GIF to describe Creed x Mystique.

Maybe I'm wrong but sometimes I'm under the impression that a lot of people never read Tieri's Wolverine & Weapon X run, that's the only explanation.
    I figure nobody has read Creed prior to Austen. Apparently that was a definitive run, so his Creed is the one we're stuck with.

Yeah, they shouldn't use him if they're just going to butcher him like this, sometimes I wonder why this character is still alive. They should have just killed him and be done with it, he's such a joke nowadays.
    I questioned that too. He's not popular enough to be treated & taken seriously. Yet he's not unpopular enough to fridge for a while.

Yeah not really surprising, commissions can cost a lot of money but if you were able to get one for a good price and you don't buy a lot of them I think that's worth it. True about X-Tremists, although I'm sure drawing Sabretooth again will motivate him to do a job!
    I am hoping. While chatting with him, I shared some of my fav. Sabretooth panels he did, Hopefully it jogged his memory. He already started on it yesterday, and is trying to send me the sketch he's got so far.

But for some reason, it won't come through. I just keep seeing this.

So we're trying to get that figured out. If I ever get it, i'll share it here.

Well it will for some characters. But with Sabretooth, who has fallen so far down the rabbit hole of obscurity & non-popularity, Hickman won't be changing anything for him.

[IMG]https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silverfang2/29185537/1287496/1287496_900.png[IMG]
    Apparently Hickman's research on Creed consists of Austen, Bendis, and Pak.
    Well at least the art looks good and we have a better look at this new costume lol.

Awww. Poor Peeps. But he's still doing better than Wild Child.
    After what Loeb and Way did to him, he's better off dead to be honest.

The perfect GIF to describe Creed x Mystique.
    Lmao

I figure nobody has read Creed prior to Austen. Apparently that was a definitive run, so his Creed is the one we're stuck with.

I questioned that too. He's not popular enough to be treated & taken seriously. Yet he's not unpopular enough to fridge for a while.
    Austen did a lot of damage to both Creed and the X-Franchise as a whole that's crazy when you think about it but yeah if Creed could go away for a while that would be for the best.

I am hoping. While chatting with him, I shared some of my fav. Sabretooth panels he did, Hopefully it jogged his memory. He already started on it yesterday, and is trying to send me the sketch he's got so far.

But for some reason, it won't come through. I just keep seeing this.

So we're trying to get that figured out. If I ever get it, i'll share it here.
    That's strange, I hope you will get the problem sorted out and get your commission soon!

Dead Man Logan by Mike Henderson:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson

Well at least the art looks good and we have a better look at this new costume lol.
    I hate Creed in fur, and any variations of that Lee costume. But on the one hand, i'm glad they're not wasted a costume I like on what will most likely be a lackluster showing. lol Optimism.

After what Loeb and Way did to him, he's better off dead to be honest.
    Yeah. With all the Wolverines, plus Sabretooth he's redundant. I miss the old days when it was just him, Creed, and Logan.

Lmao
    Glad you liked. Figured it described Creed perfectly when it comes to Mystink. But it can work for any male character constantly punk'd out by his love interest.

Austen did a lot of damage to both Creed and the X-Franchise as a whole that's crazy when you think about it but yeah if Creed could go away for a while that would be for the best.
    Sadly, I think Austen got his Creed from the 70's. lol Because I can't think of where else he thought that characterization was correct.

That's strange, I hope you will get the problem sorted out and get your commission soon!
    I finally got his sketch.

So far, I am pleased, can't wait to see the end result. Given how expensive commissions are, i'll have to wait before getting another. But I may next year, if he's still doing them.

SO far I can tell he's drawing Creed in the Weapon X (Tierri's) costume.

Dead Man Logan by Mike Henderson:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson
    I really can't get into Henderson's art. The style works for the story, but Creed looks very short & stiff a lot of the time. But nice to see a preview of the inevitable confrontation.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2019 at 07:16 PM.

@Silver Fang

lol i swear if he didn't have a healing factor things wouldn't be like this, as sad as it is, i'm hoping they depower him, he'll be used more sparsely and carefully.

@Hush

Good thinking lol

I don't think Wolverine, Laura, Daken, or Gabbyt get this kind of treatment. Mainly Creed & Deadpool. To the point any supposed skill they have doesn't exist because they just get by on a healing factor.