Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I think in order to fix Sabretooth at the moment he needs a little more depth. I think he needs a berserker rage upgrade like the Hulk, and he needs to be more of a black ops schemer.

If I had a chance to reboot Sabretooth, I'd say he's been locked up in one of Sinister's Labs for the last couple decades, and Sinister has been using him to make a clone army of Marauders over the years. Just like the countless Marauder clone labs that Magneto took out in his solo. And that he might have the strongest healing factor among the mutants and he's the mutant Sinister used to give himself his crazy powerful healing factor. Someone stumbles upon him and releases him. Turns out that most of the clones turned feral because of Sabretooth's secondary mutation. That when Sabretooth falls into bloodlust he loses his focus and intellect, but gains a huge strength increase Hulk style, though not quite as powerful. He's supposed to be a 10 to 20 tonner already, perhaps his rage form increases that to 40 tons or so. This will give him a 1 up on Wolverine, and make him a villain the X-Men might have to work together to stop. When he's not raging out though, make him a tactical mercenary I'd say similar to Deathstroke. He spent years with Department H and Weapon X, surely he walked away with something. Its been said in the comics that Sabretooth is one of the most trained fighters on the planet, yet rarely do writers show that. I think he'd be great with that Jackyll and Hyde problem in the background, wanting to give in to his killer instincts, but keeping them in check, cause he knows brains beats brawn.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Bunn is asked about stories he had planned for his X-Books. Once again, he notes his biggest plan was for Sabretooth's reversion.

Bunn's words
    Some tidbits of (Some but by no means all) of the things I wanted to do:

– The biggest was Sabretooth. I had this larger story I wanted to tell about his fall back into villainy. It was going to be something of a metaphor for Alzheimer's, which I lost my father to. It was a pretty horrifying and tragic story.
    Man, I wish this is what happened. I can only imagine how dark it would've been. Just thinking about it, I can imagine the tragedy & horror of the situation. And all this happening while he'd have come to see his new team as a family, according to Bunn and his bond with M as well, you'll really get some Buffy x Angelus vibes.

Sad the story fell through. But it is still fun to get the tidbits. This was the most interesting read I had in a min. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-14-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Fantastic Member

Victor is coming back in War of The Realms https://www.newsarama.com/43882-sabr...Gy_BUWDDeNIjoU

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Victor is coming back in War of The Realms https://www.newsarama.com/43882-sabr...Gy_BUWDDeNIjoU
    I posted it on the previous page. lol

Bunn's story sounds better for me.

Oh well. Can't always get what ya want. So I'm waiting to see how his part in Black Widow is. That's the only thing I plan to check out. Since it's not being handled by the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I posted it on the previous page. lol

Bunn's story sounds better for me.

Oh well. Can't always get what ya want. So I'm waiting to see how his part in Black Widow is. That's the only thing I plan to check out. Since it's not being handled by the X-Office.
    Christ, at least he has clothes now, Weapon X left him looking like a rabid Guantanamo convict.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Christ, at least he has clothes now, Weapon X left him looking like a rabid Guantanamo convict.
    Lol This Creed looks like he borrowed OML's clothes.

But, MAYBE he has clothes. You know how honest covers can be. According to Weapon X covers, Creed had his Bunncanny costune for the first 17 issues.

But, MAYBE he has clothes. You know how honest covers can be. According to Weapon X covers, Creed had his Bunncanny costune for the first 17 issues.
    Eh, i remember that Creed and Logan dress pretty similar outside the job, i remember Wolverine #10 when he was in cowboy attire.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, yeah its baby steps at least, but him being with animals is getting me worried a little lol
    I hope its temporary, for his ego's sake.

Well, yeah its baby steps at least, but him being with animals is getting me worried a little lol
    I hope its temporary, for his ego's sake.
    The ego was dead long ago. Lol Among animals is the only place he's high on the chain.

Maybe he should be with Kotik, his tiger baby. Lol Be fierce when he gets bigger.

The ego was dead long ago. Lol Among animals is the only place he's high on the chain.

Maybe he should be with Kotik, his tiger baby. Lol Be fierce when he gets bigger.
    Ah man you can't say that looool
    Make me wanna throw out all my Sabretooth memorabilia.
    If that's how its going to be i hope Sabretooth is the one in charge, i can't for the hope of me think they'll have him be subservient to the dogs.
    EDIT
    He's centre on the cover so that puts some doubts away, but like you said, covers tend to lie.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 02-14-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Ah man you can't say that looool
    Make me wanna throw out all my Sabretooth memorabilia.
    If that's how its going to be i hope Sabretooth is the one in charge, i can't for the hope of me think they'll have him be subservient to the dogs.
    EDIT
    He's centre on the cover so that puts some doubts away, but like you said, covers tend to lie.
    Well his ability to overpower animals has been the ONE thing that stayed consistent. lol

There's all the Gorilla's he killed at the Bronx Zoo in Deadpool's Joel Kelly Run
    The Raptor he killed in Bunncanny.
    The Bear and Siberian tigers he killed in Weapon X

So he may be safe among dogs. lol

It's when he gets involved with people that we see he's nothing special. Especially with Rosenberg writing. Remember his Sabretooth from Phoenix Resurrection where Old Logan & Kitty talked down to him like a pest & he's the first to get Jobbed by fake Wolverine after running his mouth. And he's still on the ground in the background while Domino & Logan have recovered already. I got a Pak 2.0 in his Sabretooth depiction.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Well his ability to overpower animals has been the ONE thing that stayed consistent. lol

There's all the Gorilla's he killed at the Bronx Zoo in Deadpool's Joel Kelly Run
    The Raptor he killed in Bunncanny.
    The Bear and Siberian tigers he killed in Weapon X

So he may be safe among dogs. lol

It's when he gets involved with people that we see he's nothing special. Especially with Rosenberg writing. Remember his Sabretooth from Phoenix Resurrection where OldLogan & Kitty talked down to him like a pest & he's the first to get Jobbed by fake Wolverine after running his mouth. And he's still on the ground in the background while Domino & Logan have recovered already. I got a Pak 2.0 in his Sabretooth depiction.
    Yeah he turned right into fodder for just a few panels of a nonsensical fight.
    But if Creed is going to hanging around the wild with animals, then i hope they prep him for his inevitable fight with Logan later this year lol once they've done that they'll throw him back on the nostalgia train.
    You'll have him fight Betsy, only to lose and it be completely opposite of their first fight to only have Betsy get the spot light and go through some character growth bs the unoriginal writers/editors like doing, he'll then be put though the grinder against Laura again, get slapped up by Mystique and if he's luckily he'll get a fair showing off Gabby, but only because she's practically has toon force abilities and its sort in character for her to take a trouncing and joke about it.

Only future i see for him is to just retire from the X books, since we have the Conan verse back, maybe have him magically get transported to the Hyborian age and where he can build some slave/mastermind empire there or something, kinda like he was doing when Wolvie was depowered.

Yeah he turned right into fodder for just a few panels of a nonsensical fight.
    But if Creed is going to hanging around the wild with animals, then i hope they prep him for his inevitable fight with Logan later this year lol once they've done that they'll throw him back on the nostalgia train.
    You'll have him fight Betsy, only to lose and it be completely opposite of their first fight to only have Betsy get the spot light and go through some character growth bs the unoriginal writers/editors like doing, he'll then be put though the grinder against Laura again, get slapped up by Mystique and if he's luckily he'll get a fair showing off Gabby, but only because she's practically has toon force abilities and its sort in character for her to take a trouncing and joke about it.

Only future i see for him is to just retire from the X books, since we have the Conan verse back, maybe have him magically get transported to the Hyborian age and where he can build some slave/mastermind empire there or something, kinda like he was doing when Wolvie was depowered.
    You read my mind on Creed's future. As I keep saying, if they got nothing for him, they need to just kill him off in a good way & let him stay dead. I'd prefer he stayed in Hell at the end of Weapon X.

But yeah. We know he's got an inevitable ass-kicking from Logan coming. Fight would be too nice a term. Again, the Creed we can expect.

There's LOTS of pix that can be used to show Creed's newfound loser villain status, but why torture myself reading through them again. lol It was bad enough seeing these.

You brought up Psylocke. That's another thing. He beat her once back in the 90's, but it was constantly treated in Bunncanny that she could kick his ass.

1. He defeated Rogue effortlessly back in the 80's. Then got manhandled by her in AXIS.
    2. He effortless defeated Mystique on a few occasions in the 90's. She was not stronger than him. Now he's her pet.
    3. He wailed on Omega red & forced him to retreat. But was helpless against him in Weapon X.
    4, He defeated Black Panther quickly, and BP had to will himself not to pass out from Creed's strangling him. Then BP decapitates him with ease in HOM.
    5. Deadpool admitted in Tierri's WX series that he couldn't take Sabretooth since his enhancements. Yet DP stays kicking his ass these days.
    6. He used to beat Wolverine down on a daily basis. Now he's just a pest Wolverine is bored with. And every other person with Logan's DNA has kicked his ass.

As we see, Creed's entire career now is getting punked around by characters that he used to be stronger than. At most, he's just a big deal when it comes to regular humans.

So like you said, yeah. He may need to leave the X-books. Seems they only keep him around now because he's one of Wolverine's accessories. Notice how Logan came back, so any character development Creed got since AXIS has been dropped to reset him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

You read my mind on Creed's future. As I keep saying, if they got nothing for him, they need to just kill him off in a good way & let him stay dead. I'd prefer he stayed in Hell at the end of Weapon X.

But yeah. We know he's got an inevitable ass-kicking from Logan coming. Fight would be too nice a term. Again, the Creed we can expect.

There's LOTS of pix that can be used to show Creed's newfound loser villain status, but why torture myself reading through them again. lol It was bad enough seeing these.

You brought up Psylocke. That's another thing. He beat her once back in the 90's, but it was constantly treated in Bunncanny that she could kick his ass.

1. He defeated Rogue effortlessly back in the 80's. Then got manhandled by her in AXIS.
    2. He effortless defeated Mystique on a few occasions in the 90's. She was not stronger than him. Now he's her pet.
    3. He wailed on Omega red & forced him to retreat. But was helpless against him in Weapon X.
    4, He defeated Black Panther quickly, and BP had to will himself not to pass out from Creed's strangling him. Then BP decapitates him with ease in HOM.
    5. Deadpool admitted in Tierri's WX series that he couldn't take Sabretooth since his enhancements. Yet DP stays kicking his ass these days.
    6. He used to beat Wolverine down on a daily basis. Now he's just a pest Wolverine is bored with. And every other person with Logan's DNA has kicked his ass.

As we see, Creed's entire career now is getting punked around by characters that he used to be stronger than. At most, he's just a big deal when it comes to regular humans.

So like you said, yeah. He may need to leave the X-books. Seems they only keep him around now because he's one of Wolverine's accessories. Notice how Logan came back, so any character development Creed got since AXIS has been dropped to reset him.
    '1. He defeated Rogue effortlessly back in the 80's. Then got manhandled by her in AXIS.'

We honestly have no chance of him fighting on equal ground against her again, we would never hear the end of the Rogue community if that was to happen lol

'2. He effortless defeated Mystique on a few occasions in the 90's. She was not stronger than him. Now he's her pet.'

I could never understand how she beats anyone super powered to be honest, she should be on the same level with people like the Punisher, since she doesn't really have any useful offensive powers, someone like her should never be on the front line, she especially shouldn't be able to take on anyone half decent at h2h, Mystique should always be treated like an espionage type character, not a brawler, i mean its not like we have an scarcity of well trained h2h female villain mutants, i mean half of them are on Wolvies rogue's gallery, don't know why they need to adapt her to fit every criteria when they could've swapped her for someone that makes more sense or hasn't been seen for years.

'3. He wailed on Omega red & forced him to retreat. But was helpless against him in Weapon X.'

Yeah, somehow OR became a team buster again..

'4, He defeated Black Panther quickly, and BP had to will himself not to pass out from Creed's strangling him. Then BP decapitates him with ease in HOM.'

Black Panther's popularity boost would allow him to dispose of Creed even more so now.

'5. Deadpool admitted in Tierri's WX series that he couldn't take Sabretooth since his enhancements. Yet DP stays kicking his ass these days'

Deadpool handed the Weapon X team plus Monet their arse recently, but its Pak writing and almost everything Pak has done on Weapon X has been atrocious, so i count it as non canon.
    A year back OML had the slight advantage on Deadpool in their OML vs DP mini, but whatever forget all of that, i used to think the writers/editors would only read a years worth of backlog to get up to date with a character, but it seems like that theory went out of the window months ago.

'6. He used to beat Wolverine down on a daily basis. Now he's just a pest Wolverine is bored with. And every other person with Logan's DNA has kicked his ass. '

Sabretooth was almost treated like a horror movie villain when compared to Wolverine, Logan had the odds stack against him completely. These days Sabretooth is just another villain of the week.

I'd prefer he stayed in Hell at the end of Weapon X.

lol really, Silver Samurai I is stuck down there forever in an endless loop of death from what i remember, but then again that isn't anymore different to what we have now lol so maybe you're right, him being there will save us from seeing Creed get fodderized every now and then.

I've always wondered what more they could've done with characters like Birdy or Monet, when paired with Sabretooth. They have an interesting dynamic, but its always short lived..

'1. He defeated Rogue effortlessly back in the 80's. Then got manhandled by her in AXIS.'

We honestly have no chance of him fighting on equal ground against her again, we would never hear the end of the Rogue community if that was to happen lol

'2. He effortless defeated Mystique on a few occasions in the 90's. She was not stronger than him. Now he's her pet.'

I could never understand how she beats anyone super powered to be honest, she should be on the same level with people like the Punisher, since she doesn't really have any useful offensive powers, someone like her should never be on the front line, she especially shouldn't be able to take on anyone half decent at h2h, Mystique should always be treated like an espionage type character, not a brawler, i mean its not like we have an scarcity of well trained h2h female villain mutants, i mean half of them are on Wolvies rogue's gallery, don't know why they need to adapt her to fit every criteria when they could've swapped her for someone that makes more sense or hasn't been seen for years.

'3. He wailed on Omega red & forced him to retreat. But was helpless against him in Weapon X.'

Yeah, somehow OR became a team buster again..

'4, He defeated Black Panther quickly, and BP had to will himself not to pass out from Creed's strangling him. Then BP decapitates him with ease in HOM.'

Black Panther's popularity boost would allow him to dispose of Creed even more so now.

'5. Deadpool admitted in Tierri's WX series that he couldn't take Sabretooth since his enhancements. Yet DP stays kicking his ass these days'

Deadpool handed the Weapon X team plus Monet their arse recently, but its Pak writing and almost everything Pak has done on Weapon X has been atrocious, so i count it as non canon.
    A year back OML had the slight advantage on Deadpool in their OML vs DP mini, but whatever forget all of that, i used to think the writers/editors would only read a years worth of backlog to get up to date with a character, but it seems like that theory went out of the window months ago.

'6. He used to beat Wolverine down on a daily basis. Now he's just a pest Wolverine is bored with. And every other person with Logan's DNA has kicked his ass. '

Sabretooth was almost treated like a horror movie villain when compared to Wolverine, Logan had the odds stack against him completely. These days Sabretooth is just another villain of the week.

I'd prefer he stayed in Hell at the end of Weapon X.

lol really, Silver Samurai I is stuck down there forever in an endless loop of death from what i remember, but then again that isn't anymore different to what we have now lol so maybe you're right, him being there will save us from seeing Creed get fodderized every now and then.
    Honestly, Sabretooth has been used to prop up all the movie-stars. Wolverine, Mystique, and Deadpool. All made stars by movies with classic depictions. Meanwhile, Tyler Mane is what passed for Sabretooth. And Schreiber wasn't too much better, on top of being surrounded by a movie that is considered terrible.

In addition to comics, none of Creed's tv counterparts have been memorable imo. So it just seems he in general is not taken serious by a lot of people, and due to half-assed depictions & writing, he hardly gains any fans because he's just the villain of the week to get his ass beat.

I've always wondered what more they could've done with characters like Birdy or Monet, when paired with Sabretooth. They have an interesting dynamic, but its always short lived..
    For me, Birdy was just an abusive relationship where Creed used her to his own ends. I just never saw more to it than that.

According to Bunn, Creed & Monet were in love. So if he'd kept them, they probably would've started a relationship. And oddly enough, it would've been Monet's second true relationship since she lost Synch. Madrox & Darwin were one-night stands. And Guido had potential but lost his soul and went dark after he & Monet had one very bad date. But once again, the Sabretooth ship would've come to a scary & horrifying end when he starts reverting & slipping in & out of his evil.

So yeah, it's sad thinking about the compelling story we could've gotten with Sabretooth falling for an established character who isn't Mystique. And Monet dealing with not only another actual relationship, but a relationship with someone like Sabretooth. The ship would have been very dark, given both have their own sets of baggage.

I hate his relationship with Monet was cut short. But if it's not Mystique, there's no longevity. So sadly, I try not to think much about them anymore because I know that story was over when Bunn lost them.

Monet was in Weapon X, but for all of what Pak did with their relationship, she may as well have not been there. He didn't progress it. He didn't solidify it. Lastly, he didn't give it any closure. Twice now, their relationship has ended because one of them was evil and out of their mind at the end of the series.

So Monet x Creed is just another OTP I have to say farewell to. But on the plus, I have a LEGO OTP that happened.
    Lego OTP 2.jpg
    lol Hopefully I can see more of this relationship in the future. Because Buffy & Marvel have both disappointed me in that regard.