Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And he's supposed to have superhuman speed as well I think. His stats list his speed as average. I miss when this was true.
    Yeah not sure how Marvel could miss that.

That worries me. Are they fans of Wolverine or fanboys? And in which case, is Creed gonna be done justice? Or will he just be brought in as the failure version of Wolverine?

But the movies have to take off first. Seems something recently happened that's gonna cause a delay in seeing anything in the MCU.
    Well right now, I think they did a good job with the vilains in their movies so with any luck the same thing will happen with Sabretooth. Honestly regarding the delay, it doesn't bother me, of course it also depends of the reception of Dark Phoenix, if the movie isn't great it could be for the best to let the franchise rest for a while.

Horny is the better word. lol I did like Sabretooth's design there.
    True lol. Yeah that wasn't a bad design at all, a shame it was quickly abandonned after the Japan Most Wanted mini.

Agreed. I tend to ignore Gillen's work in that regard. It had some stuff I liked, but it was such big retcons, it took me out of the story as a flashback. An AU tale about an alternate Wolverine & Creed could work. But not for previously established canon.
    Yeah if it was an AU tale, I wouldn't care but those stories really hurt the classic character unfortunately. Bendis and his Avengers 1950 story didn't help either lol.

It's a safe bet. The only chance for contradiction is if the rumor is true about Pak doing a Sabretooth-related book. He was cheated out of about 9 chapters. Gold was the flagship & Blue x Weapon X were tied for the main team books. Senior ResurrXion titles. Gold & Blue lasted 36 issues, and Weapon X ended at 27, and was clearly very rushed. Since they allowed that book to run so long with it's supposed numbers, the X-Office must like Pak. So I could see them allowing him another maxi series to properly close some stuff out, so the rushed WX ending wasn't too big a deal -because it wasn't the complete end for the story.

But again, only if that rumor is true. Pak may be doing a book that Creed has a cameo in & the rumor exaggerated it with BC getting the wrong idea. Like how Gold & Blue were thought to be ending at issue 30, but it was really just team change-ups for a bit. Or the rumor may be a totally false troll.

But a Greg Pak book will be the only one to continue that bromance. Otherwise, most other books seem content to ignore Weapon X. Only Creed's reversion & apparently Monet's X-Factor costume will stick. Maybe Graydon will too, who knows.

And if Stryker stays dead, then bravo. That's the biggest named character Sabretooth has ever gotten to kill. Stryker has been a bigger named villain since the 80's. I'd argue he's a higher tier than Creed.
    That bromance never made any sense and I'm glad if other books won't aknowledge it. The Sabretooth's mini rumor is strange though, as you said it would make sense since the ending of Weapon X felt unfinished and rushed but with the recent announcement that Pak is going to write the main Star Wars series on top of his other projects, I'm not sure if he's going to have time for a Sabretooth mini.

Only time will tell I guess.

Yeah. Her & Sunspot are in his top 5. So many are excited since Monet x Sunspot has become a popular pairing idea -especially from people who hate Creed and want her away from him ASAP. So some pairing fans have hopes of Hickman putting them both in a book & getting Monet with another super powerful, larger than life ego, rich, character of color.

Nothing wrong with the pairing. But since (good written) Creed is one of my favorite characters, and Sunspot isn't, I'm indifferent to it. It's like Buffy x Angel. I loved them together. But I was indifferent to her with Riley. And HATED her with Spike.

Plus Monet x Creed could use some kind of official closure before either one of them gets thrown to someone else. But I may never get that. Or worse, i'll get it but it'll be a half-assed story that demotes & mocks their Uncanny relationship,
    Both Sunspot and Monet are great characters and after seeing what Hickman did with Roberto during his Avengers/New Avengers run I can't wait to see what he's going to do with Monet, it could be really fun and rise the character's popularity.

If he wants to pair them together, that could be interesting too because yeah Creed and Monet doesn't work anymore especially now that Creed is back to his older self, a little closure would be good though.

And that's a big issue. With some stuff, it needs to be established soon, otherwise subsequent writers will contradict it. It's easier to rewrite when it wasn't properly expanded on. So far as canon goes, Wolverine has always kicked Creed's ass easily. And it's the default canon now because he didn't expand on Creed being Logan's father & superior or the clone story.

Bunn did the same thing. But it's known he was bogged down by editorial's events. But he had a longer story for Sabretooth, who would try to earn his redemption & slowly fall back to villainy with it being a metaphor for Alzheimer's. But we skipped over all that development to go straight to Pak....

Bunn also said Sabretooth & Monet were in love with each other. Which is big because he'd be the first man Monet loved since Synch. And Sabretooth hasn't loved many people period. Far as we know, only 4 people prior to her -in 150 years. But because Bunn only teased & didn't expand on their relationship, that can easily be ignored in the future. They can be written as just being nothing more that co-workers. Or it can be totally ignored all together when they eventually put Creed back with Raven, pair Monet up with someone else & act as though they never interacted or had a personal connection.

If he shows up, hopefully Claremont will use the one that's supposed to be superior. Not the loser clone Logan always beat.
    Yeah in the case of Claremont and Bunn, the problem was with the editors and because of that they couldn't finish their storylines properly. The inversion and Creed falling back to villainy as a metaphor of Alzheimer is such a great idea, a shame Bunn couldn't do it.

Hopefully things will be better now, I'm sure if Duggan or Brisson are promoted as the new Wolverine's writer, they going to handle Sabretooth in a good way. Both Brisson's Iron Fist and Duggan's Deadpool showed that they can do great stuff with Sabretooth and could aknowledge recent events with Monet or give a new "love interest" other than Mystique.

Now if the next writer is someone like Soule, yeah both Wolverine and Sabretooth fans should be affraid lol.

And X-Monday previews haven't added to my optimism. Juggernaut is on a cover, surrounded by X-Men like a hero.

Sabretooth is on a cover surrounded by dogs. Even Juggernaut may be getting more character work, depth, and story than him.
    Be careful what you wish for, the last time we got Juggernaut joining the X-Men it was during the Austen's run so let's hope it's better this time around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I will play devil's advocate and say that I liked Sabretooth's role in UXM, in the Weapon X arc. Sure, he was made fun off a lot and had some really ridicule things (and later Millar would make him "die" with a single strike by Wolverine's, cutting his head off), but he had some cool actions moments and the last fight was lotta fun (I even stole a quote from there for my signature in this forum) with some nice art by Kubert
    Don't get me wrong the scan I posted always made me laugh but Creed's characterization and some of his dialogues during the Millar's run were really good (especially the quote in your signature), only thing I didn't like was that scene when Logan easily cut his head off like you said.

One of my favorite scene with him was the barbecue scene during Ultimate X-Men #11:

That was ruthless!

Now what happened to Sabretooth after the Millar's run most especially during the Kirkman's run, Ultimatum, Ultimate X or the Ultimate Spider-Man series is another story lol.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah not sure how Marvel could miss that.
    Nobody does research anymore. Like Remender having to be told that SK killed Destiny, and Mystique working with him made no sense. lol Or how Austen wasn't aware of how Graydon's conception was already explained before he wrote that mess of a retcon about homeless Mystique being abused by Creed.

Well right now, I think they did a good job with the villains in their movies so with any luck the same thing will happen with Sabretooth. Honestly regarding the delay, it doesn't bother me, of course it also depends of the reception of Dark Phoenix, if the movie isn't great it could be for the best to let the franchise rest for a while.
    One could hope. Because Mane & Schreiber both sucked, imo. So I hope they can only go up from that. No more wrestlers & nerds playing Creed.

Yeah if it was an AU tale, I wouldn't care but those stories really hurt the classic character unfortunately. Bendis and his Avengers 1950 story didn't help either lol.
    Lets never speak of Avengers 1959 again. I know Creed has had some bad writers. But that mini was the KING of bad Sabretooth characterization. I think it's the worst one yet. Even more-so that a lot of Austen's mess. Listing Creed's bad writers from worst to least worst, I'd go.

Austen -Gotta put him first, because he started this -making Creed a comedy villain.
    Howard Chaykin / Bendis tied evenly for second place.
    Pak
    Loeb -least his Creed didn't spout memes & tell "yo mama jokes." As stupid as he was, there was still some semblance of seriousness to him.
    Soule -His Creed tends to be flung-around coward
    Paul Cornell -Wolverine vol 6
    Tamaki -Claws of A Killer -A cowardly Creed who randomly hates Logan when he's supposed to be inverted. But least he wasn't shown jobbing like Cornell's Creed.
    Higgins -Death of Logan #3 -Dressing men up as Logan. Least he didn't come off as cowardly or stupid. But it was still bad.

That bromance never made any sense and I'm glad if other books won't aknowledge it. The Sabretooth's mini rumor is strange though, as you said it would make sense since the ending of Weapon X felt unfinished and rushed but with the recent announcement that Pak is going to write the main Star Wars series on top of his other projects, I'm not sure if he's going to have time for a Sabretooth mini.

Only time will tell I guess.
    Pak is on twitter bragging about all the projects he has going. But he's been ambiguous as to what some of them include.
    Future.jpg
    Pak Upcoming Work.jpg
    Projects-2.jpg

There's more tweets, but I exceeded image allowance. lol

Both Sunspot and Monet are great characters and after seeing what Hickman did with Roberto during his Avengers/New Avengers run I can't wait to see what he's going to do with Monet, it could be really fun and rise the character's popularity.
    That would be good. I only hope it's the Monet from GenX, X-Men, or Uncanny X-Men. I HATED how PAD wrote her in X-Factor. The clothes he put her in, and how needlessly cruel he could make her. Monet has attitude, but PAD made her utterly unlikable.

If he wants to pair them together, that could be interesting too because yeah Creed and Monet doesn't work anymore especially now that Creed is back to his older self, a little closure would be good though.
    Creed doesn't even have to be "good" for it to work. If they took him back a bit, there was a time he was more just a ruthless merc. Then as time wore on, we went into serial killer territory. I swear I recall Claremont noting he didn't intend for Creed to be a complete irredeemable monster. A ruthless guy who beats down his son, sure. lol But I think he said X-Men Forever was closer to his original vision of Sabretooth.

If we took out the cannibal, serial killer (and supposed rapist) aspect to just had him be a ruthless merc who kills for money, it's not too bad he get with Monet. After all, Cable, Domino, and Deadpool are mercs, but nobody seems to judge them for it.

It seems over time, Sabretooth's evil started getting played up. I recall one old comic where he was just a merc & said he only spilled blood for money. Boy that changed. lol Then again, he was a serial killer in Power Man & Iron Fist. So this went up & down in the 70's & early 80's.

Yeah in the case of Claremont and Bunn, the problem was with the editors and because of that they couldn't finish their storylines properly. The inversion and Creed falling back to villainy as a metaphor of Alzheimer is such a great idea, a shame Bunn couldn't do it.

Hopefully things will be better now, I'm sure if Duggan or Brisson are promoted as the new Wolverine's writer, they going to handle Sabretooth in a good way. Both Brisson's Iron Fist and Duggan's Deadpool showed that they can do great stuff with Sabretooth and could aknowledge recent events with Monet or give a new "love interest" other than Mystique.
    Long as the love interest isn't Mystique, or someone who treats him like a p-whipped henchman, then I don't care who it is. I genuinely liked him with Monet. But that's not happening now. So if he has to have someone, let it be someone he's equal to. Not someone he's treated as inferior to who makes a fool of him.

And yeah, I hate Bunn & Claremont's ideas got cut short. It's always my luck. ALL the stuff in fiction that I love tends to be temporary. And all the stuff I am indifferent to, or hate, takes front stage & stays there for ages.

Now if the next writer is someone like Soule, yeah both Wolverine and Sabretooth fans should be afraid lol.
    And it may be him. Marvel seems to love having him on Wolverine stuff.

Be careful what you wish for, the last time we got Juggernaut joining the X-Men it was during the Austen's run so let's hope it's better this time around lol.
    I hate Juggernaut on the cover. Creed got reverted with all his potential & development flushed down the toilet. But Juggernaut gets a pass to join the heroes.

Stuff like this just makes me salty. Creed lost his inversion. But Juggernaut is with the X-Men. Creed lost his relationship with Monet. But Blob gets to screw Psylocke. etc. Even more annoying we never even got a hug or kiss from Creed x Monet, but every other couple has. Jean x Bishop got further in a one-shot that Creed & Monet in 3 years / 2 books.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-16-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Nobody does research anymore. Like Remender having to be told that SK killed Destiny, and Mystique working with him made no sense. lol Or how Austen wasn't aware of how Graydon's conception was already explained before he wrote that mess of a retcon about homeless Mystique being abused by Creed.
    Yeah that's embarassing lol, the editors should have caught those mistakes.

One could hope. Because Mane & Schreiber both sucked, imo. So I hope they can only go up from that. No more wrestlers & nerds playing Creed.
    Yeah I agree, you know I could see Clive Standen as the new Sabretooth (Rollo in the Vikings series) and Travis Simmel (Ragnar in the Vikings series) as Wolverine.

Lets never speak of Avengers 1959 again. I know Creed has had some bad writers. But that mini was the KING of bad Sabretooth characterization. I think it's the worst one yet. Even more-so that a lot of Austen's mess. Listing Creed's bad writers from worst to least worst, I'd go.

Austen -Gotta put him first, because he started this -making Creed a comedy villain.
    Howard Chaykin / Bendis tied evenly for second place.
    Pak
    Loeb -least his Creed didn't spout memes & tell "yo mama jokes." As stupid as he was, there was still some semblance of seriousness to him.
    Soule -His Creed tends to be flung-around coward
    Paul Cornell -Wolverine vol 6
    Tamaki -Claws of A Killer -A cowardly Creed who randomly hates Logan when he's supposed to be inverted. But least he wasn't shown jobbing like Cornell's Creed.
    Higgins -Death of Logan #3 -Dressing men up as Logan. Least he didn't come off as cowardly or stupid. But it was still bad.
    So true, Avengers 1959 was a disaster lol. I agree with this list, what's sad is that all those writers started to write Sabretooth in recent years, it's like there was a mandate at Marvel to make Sabretooth the worst character ever.

Pak is on twitter bragging about all the projects he has going. But he's been ambiguous as to what some of them include.
    Future.jpg
    Pak Upcoming Work.jpg
    Projects-2.jpg

There's more tweets, but I exceeded image allowance. lol
    I guess the big project he was talking about in one of those tweets was Star Wars but the fact that he's going to write a character from Weapon X again could make sense if he was talking about the rumored Sabretooth mini. Maybe it's someone else from that team though.

Creed doesn't even have to be "good" for it to work. If they took him back a bit, there was a time he was more just a ruthless merc. Then as time wore on, we went into serial killer territory. I swear I recall Claremont noting he didn't intend for Creed to be a complete irredeemable monster. A ruthless guy who beats down his son, sure. lol But I think he said X-Men Forever was closer to his original vision of Sabretooth.

If we took out the cannibal, serial killer (and supposed rapist) aspect to just had him be a ruthless merc who kills for money, it's not too bad he get with Monet. After all, Cable, Domino, and Deadpool are mercs, but nobody seems to judge them for it.

It seems over time, Sabretooth's evil started getting played up. I recall one old comic where he was just a merc & said he only spilled blood for money. Boy that changed. lol Then again, he was a serial killer in Power Man & Iron Fist. So this went up & down in the 70's & early 80's.
    Same thing happened with a lot of characters since the 2000s but with Sabretooth some writers really made him the worst of the worst, he's basically irredeemable now. Even ruthless merc should be a thing of thing of the past, crime lord is what Sabretooth should be. If he was similar to Deadpool, yeah I could see them maybe together but after the recent developments he got and what Rosenberg said about Creed going back to being a full villain, yeah not sure if this pairing is possible anymore.

Long as the love interest isn't Mystique, or someone who treats him like a p-whipped henchman, then I don't care who it is. I genuinely liked him with Monet. But that's not happening now. So if he has to have someone, let it be someone he's equal to. Not someone he's treated as inferior to who makes a fool of him.

And yeah, I hate Bunn & Claremont's ideas got cut short. It's always my luck. ALL the stuff in fiction that I love tends to be temporary. And all the stuff I am indifferent to, or hate, takes front stage & stays there for ages.
    Long term plans can be a good thing but it can also be a nightmare especially when a series is cancelled or if there is a change of editors which is what happened with Bunn recently. Maybe put him with Selene, it could be fun lol.

And it may be him. Marvel seems to love having him on Wolverine stuff.
    I won't read any Wolverine comics in a while if that's the case lol.

I hate Juggernaut on the cover. Creed got reverted with all his potential & development flushed down the toilet. But Juggernaut gets a pass to join the heroes.

Stuff like this just makes me salty. Creed lost his inversion. But Juggernaut is with the X-Men. Creed lost his relationship with Monet. But Blob gets to screw Psylocke. etc. Even more annoying we never even got a hug or kiss from Creed x Monet, but every other couple has. Jean x Bishop got further in a one-shot that Creed & Monet in 3 years / 2 books.
    I haven't read the last issue of UXM, but from what I've seen in the spoilers thread he joined the X-Men on his own free will which is strange especially after the events of X-Men blue or Amazing X-Men. That's the thing with AU, it let writers do whatever they want, maybe they should have let Sabretooth be part of Age of X-Man, they could have give him a new "love interest" without having to bother with recent developments.

Yeah that's embarassing lol, the editors should have caught those mistakes.
    It's clear some editors don't care to. Jordan D. White had to retcon one of his own twitter comments when fans told him he got something wrong about Scott.

So things really aren't looking hopeful.

Yeah I agree, you know I could see Clive Standen as the new Sabretooth (Rollo in the Vikings series) and Travis Simmel (Ragnar in the Vikings series) as Wolverine.
    I'm still on the Momoa hype train. Aquaman has bumped him up considerably, so I am sure he's not gonna go from that to Sabretooth. But him or someone like him could work.
    Jason Momoa = Sabretooth.jpg

He can kinda bring back Tierri's Sabretooth. Where he's a bit more handsome, so he can work that predator rail better. He can smile, dress up in suits, and do business deals. Then he can go feral psycho the next min.

He ain't blonde, but damn I think that's a Sabretooth.
    jason_momoa___wolves_by_astoko_d8zgfyd-fullview.jpg
    lol

So true, Avengers 1959 was a disaster lol. I agree with this list, what's sad is that all those writers started to write Sabretooth in recent years, it's like there was a mandate at Marvel to make Sabretooth the worst character ever.
    Well he's the opposite to Wolverine. So whatever Logan is, Creed must be the opposite. But instead of them having him be Logan's moral opposite, they took it to 11 and just made him a loser Wolverine.

1 If Wolverine is smart, Creed needs to be stupid.
    2. If Wolverine can fight, Creed needs to be a jobber
    3. If Wolverine is effective & dangerous, Creed needs to be a nuisance at best
    4. If Wolverine gets women....yeah. I surprised they haven't written that Creed is still a virgin to seal in the patheticness.

I also forgot to put Aaron on that list. He tried some interesting things with Creed, but his reintroduction of Crystique loses him any points I could give him. Because now we're stuck with this pairing as a default for Sabretooth, and it's just something else that's lowered his stock.

I guess the big project he was talking about in one of those tweets was Star Wars but the fact that he's going to write a character from Weapon X again could make sense if he was talking about the rumored Sabretooth mini. Maybe it's someone else from that team though.
    Yeah, it's up in the air right now. Because the more I hear, the more I think that BC rumor was inaccurate & got something wrong. He said a character from Weapon X would appear in something, and I think he's revealed most of the projects he's writing. Recently he tweeted there was still 1 we didn't know about, and he was very excited about it, saying he's been working on it for months, and doing great characters he loves etc. And that takes anything WX related off the table, because he never expressed much excitement toward that series. He worked on it for 2 years, and rarely tweeted or gushed about it like he's doing with Star Wars, Atlas, Ronin Island, Jon Wick, or even his children's book -The Princess Who Saved Her Friends.

Same thing happened with a lot of characters since the 2000s but with Sabretooth some writers really made him the worst of the worst, he's basically irredeemable now. Even ruthless merc should be a thing of thing of the past, crime lord is what Sabretooth should be. If he was similar to Deadpool, yeah I could see them maybe together but after the recent developments he got and what Rosenberg said about Creed going back to being a full villain, yeah not sure if this pairing is possible anymore.
    Oh it's definitely not happening at this point. But closure is all I ask now. Maybe 1 or 2 at best, issues dealing with Monet finding him since she was the only one wondering about him at the end of WX. Then we could get a Buffy / Angelus type of showdown with some exposition on their relationship, and the definitive ending of it where they both mutually make it clear whatever they had was over & they are enemies from there on rather than ending it with one of them crazy and / or running off.

I think it could be good. Duggan did well with RoguePool and he fortunately got to wrap up what he started with them in a very satisfying way. I only want Creed & Monet do get the same. It wouldn't take more than 2 issues of a book to do really. And I would appreciate anyone who handles it not rewriting anything, like saying their relationship was purely platonic friends or sibling-like. Because it was obvious it was romantic in nature. And ambiguous on whether it ever got sexual. Some fans think they actually were together in Uncanny and I read some thinking they just casually hooked up off & on.

Long term plans can be a good thing but it can also be a nightmare especially when a series is cancelled or if there is a change of editors which is what happened with Bunn recently. Maybe put him with Selene, it could be fun lol.
    Idk, given how much older & more experienced she is, they could end up having her completely outclass & Eclipse him like mystique does. Then again, given Creed's track record, he'll probably be doomed unless he gets with a dangerous mortal woman.

I won't read any Wolverine comics in a while if that's the case lol.
    Join the club. lol

From what I hear on the solicit thread, Ethan Sacks is gonna be doing something with Wolverine & Cap regarding their histories.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-18-2019 at 12:43 PM.

So i commented on another board that Wolverine seemly having a prominent position in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 could've liken the chance that we'll get another shot at playing Sabretooth again in another MUA game, Spidey is getting his clones, so we might have a chance this time around. As of now, Wolverine, Storm and Nightcrawler have been confirmed playable.

Creed was recently added to Marvel Future Fight along with Warpath and Juggernaut, but he's behind a pseudo paywall so its pretty hard to get him, he seems pretty good in game though so i don't think it'll be a total waste to get him.

Not sure if anyone plays video games here, but its what i have on Creed till his War of the Realms stuff comes out.. other than that its just shitting on pros lol

It's clear some editors don't care to. Jordan D. White had to retcon one of his own twitter comments when fans told him he got something wrong about Scott.

About Secret Wars? Well he was half right at least lol, I think it was just a small mistake though.

I'm still on the Momoa hype train. Aquaman has bumped him up considerably, so I am sure he's not gonna go from that to Sabretooth. But him or someone like him could work.

He can kinda bring back Tierri's Sabretooth. Where he's a bit more handsome, so he can work that predator rail better. He can smile, dress up in suits, and do business deals. Then he can go feral psycho the next min.

lol
    Momoa would have been a great Sabretooth but yeah with the recent success of Aquaman, him as Sabretooth ain't going to happen. Steven Adams, the NBA player look a lot like him, he just needs to practice his acting skills lol.

Well he's the opposite to Wolverine. So whatever Logan is, Creed must be the opposite. But instead of them having him be Logan's moral opposite, they took it to 11 and just made him a loser Wolverine.

4. If Wolverine gets women....yeah. I surprised they haven't written that Creed is still a virgin to seal in the patheticness.

I also forgot to put Aaron on that list. He tried some interesting things with Creed, but his reintroduction of Crystique loses him any points I could give him. Because now we're stuck with this pairing as a default for Sabretooth, and it's just something else that's lowered his stock.
    Lmao, some writers completely missed the point about them being opposite that's for sure lol. Aaron made him the kingpin of Asia and leader of the hand, so if him being with Mystique was just a small price to pay lol.

Yeah, it's up in the air right now. Because the more I hear, the more I think that BC rumor was inaccurate & got something wrong. He said a character from Weapon X would appear in something, and I think he's revealed most of the projects he's writing. Recently he tweeted there was still 1 we didn't know about, and he was very excited about it, saying he's been working on it for months, and doing great characters he loves etc. And that takes anything WX related off the table, because he never expressed much excitement toward that series. He worked on it for 2 years, and rarely tweeted or gushed about it like he's doing with Star Wars, Atlas, Ronin Island, Jon Wick, or even his children's book -The Princess Who Saved Her Friends.
    I hope the BC rumor was inaccurate, on top of Star Wars, Marvel just announced a new Marvel series with Pak as the writer in the July sollicits, so that's 2 marvel series, I wouldn't be surprised if the BC rumor was something that was in the pipeline before White became the X-Men editor, so maybe plans changes.

Oh it's definitely not happening at this point. But closure is all I ask now. Maybe 1 or 2 at best, issues dealing with Monet finding him since she was the only one wondering about him at the end of WX. Then we could get a Buffy / Angelus type of showdown with some exposition on their relationship, and the definitive ending of it where they both mutually make it clear whatever they had was over & they are enemies from there on rather than ending it with one of them crazy and / or running off.

I think it could be good. Duggan did well with RoguePool and he fortunately got to wrap up what he started with them in a very satisfying way. I only want Creed & Monet do get the same. It wouldn't take more than 2 issues of a book to do really. And I would appreciate anyone who handles it not rewriting anything, like saying their relationship was purely platonic friends or sibling-like. Because it was obvious it was romantic in nature. And ambiguous on whether it ever got sexual. Some fans think they actually were together in Uncanny and I read some thinking they just casually hooked up off & on.

Idk, given how much older & more experienced she is, they could end up having her completely outclass & Eclipse him like mystique does. Then again, given Creed's track record, he'll probably be doomed unless he gets with a dangerous mortal woman.
    Closure will only happen if a good writer get a hold of Creed like Duggan, Bunn or Brisson, maybe Rosenberg will mentioned it during the War of the realms mini but to be honest I won't hold my breath lol. After reading the Bunn's run, yeah there was no sibling relationship between the two, I think it was Bunn who described this relationship as a "tortuous love" or something, which is an apt description of it in my opinion. I think you just need a flashback scene or just an issue to resolve the whole thing once and for all, now if that kind of scene happens the big question is: which writer will write this scene?

I really liked the Rogue/Deadpool relationship, it was something fresh and new but it seems people really wanted both her and Gambit back together unfortunately, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'm not a big fan of this pairing. Oh well at least Roguepool relationship was fun.

Join the club. lol
    So true lol.

From what I hear on the solicit thread, Ethan Sacks is gonna be doing something with Wolverine & Cap regarding their histories.
    It could be the best thing that happens to the Wolverine franchise to be honest. Sacks is a good writer and right now the whole Weapon Plus plot has been completely messed up by Way and Loeb. If he can follow up on what Tieri and Morrison did and retconned the Romulus involvement, it could be something really good. Lot of untapped potential with this thing, lot of good mystery to explore.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-01-2019 at 03:47 PM.

About Secret Wars? Well he was half right at least lol, I think it was just a small mistake though.
    Small mistakes happen, but it is worrisome. How many other mistakes have been made that may have gone to print already? lol But honestly, I don't see Sabretooth having much role in anything. We got Rosenburg's WoR and AU Creed in DML. But besides that, he's probably gonna most be in limbo when the Hickman stuff starts. Until Wolverine gets an official solo again.

Momoa would have been a great Sabretooth but yeah with the recent success of Aquaman, him as Sabretooth ain't going to happen. Steven Adams, the NBA player look a lot like him, he just needs to practice his acting skills lol.
    Even Momoa won't fit now that he's shaved off all his hair. lol He needs that for Sabretooth. The actor needs to look menacing without looking over the top & corny like Mane. And he need not have a dad-bod & fat face like Schreiber. No more out of shape dudes & wrestlers. The only Sabretooth a wrestler is gonna give us in another dumb oaf like Mane. Everyone is talking about Triple H. being Sabretooth. HELL NO!!!!!! Maybe a younger one could have worked -not the old washed-up guy we have now.

Lmao, some writers completely missed the point about them being opposite that's for sure lol. Aaron made him the kingpin of Asia and leader of the hand, so if him being with Mystique was just a small price to pay lol.
    Even with Aaron though, he still depicted Creed as Logan's inferior. Like their fight in the elevator in Japan's Most Wanted. Logan knocks Creed over, and escapes leaving Creed is the flaming elevator. And the infamous b-day party where Wolverine shows up & single-handedly defeats everyone in his rogue's gallery with no problem. I also think it was Aaron who did that random scene where he's keeping kittens for a snack & Mystique comes in & takes them. I could really do without cheap gimmicks like that too. "What can we do to show Creed is evil? I know, lets have him eating kittens." That entire scene served no purpose. And after Mystique tells him to get lost, we don't see him again in the issue. It could've been Bendis. Hard to remember since it's all running together.

A story I did like was Noir. I forget if it was Wolverine Noir or Weapon X Noir. It's been a while since I read it. An AU story with Creed as a head crime boss who easily beat down Logan when he came to challenge him -in a boxing match lol.

I hope the BC rumor was inaccurate, on top of Star Wars, Marvel just announced a new Marvel series with Pak as the writer in the July solicits, so that's 2 marvel series, I wouldn't be surprised if the BC rumor was something that was in the pipeline before White became the X-Men editor, so maybe plans changes.
    Lord knows. I keep watching solicits to see. I hated Pak's depiction of Creed. BUT if he were to do a series, I figure he may end up getting the ending to Creed x Monet. Given the ending he wrote in WX 27, and how useless everything would be if it ended for good there. And despite not being a fan of his characterizations, they were tolerable & could've been worse. In fact, Creed's was worse issues 6-17. But he did still write Creed x Monet in a way their dynamic could be enjoyed. Though nothing compared to what Bunn could've done -or possible Brisson & Duggan too.

Even Pak closure, i'll accept. If he can keep it more serious like their scene in issue 24, and not devolve it into meme-talk, and HS insults. Both characters are adults, so I don't wanna read them having a sitcom argument like Ross x Rachel or millennials.

Closure will only happen if a good writer get a hold of Creed like Duggan, Bunn or Brisson, maybe Rosenberg will mentioned it during the War of the Realms mini but to be honest I won't hold my breath lol. After reading the Bunn's run, yeah there was no sibling relationship between the two, I think it was Bunn who described this relationship as a "tortuous love" or something, which is an apt description of it in my opinion. I think you just need a flashback scene or just an issue to resolve the whole thing once and for all, now if that kind of scene happens the big question is: which writer will write this scene?
    I can't bet money on Brisson or Duggan since they aren't too prominent. And Bunn is not likely to get either of them back anytime soon. Rosenberg & Pak have the best chances now.

A flashback can also work. It won't take much. I would just like an on-panel address of their feelings. We had 6 other characters pointing out how they seemed to have feelings for each other. But neither of them ever acknowledged anything. Bunn says they were in love. Did they ever act on it? Were they gonna get together if his run continued, were they already secretly together during his run, had they been together & broken up sometime in the 8-month gap, etc? We never get answers on where their relationship wast. I assumed they never went passed mutual attraction. But if Bunn had done a shock-reveal -like showing them in bed together & that they had been together for a while, I'd have bought it. But we never saw anything like that, so I never assumed they were together. But I did read them as having feelings for each other & it'd be nice to have it confirmed on-panel. No more beating around the bush & ship-teasing. Have THEM acknowledge their feelings -not other characters. Then have them mutually end the relationship rather than leaving it hanging.

I really liked the Rogue/Deadpool relationship, it was something fresh and new but it seems people really wanted both her and Gambit back together unfortunately, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'm not a big fan of this pairing. Oh well at least Roguepool relationship was fun.
    I liked it too. That was the only other ship I was invested in. So 2016 was a golden year for me with Cronet & Roguepool. Both ships were new & fun. But RoguePool got further than Cronet did. They shared a kiss, date, & even admitted their feelings on-panel. During their finale in Despicable Deadpool, Rogue mentions the reason nothing will happen between them is he killed Coulson, not because she never had feelings for him. That took out the ambiguity. Although I rambled above, that's what Creed & Monet need. And that's what I'd be happy to get.

I hate RoguePool didn't get to be a couple for a little while before the ship sank, but it was fun while it lasted. I am also not big on Rogue x Gambit. Stable couples don't last long, so Romy will eventually repeat Jott and the marriage is gonna crumble in a big way. And given DP is a big-name character, any past Rogue romance that comes up, has high chances of being that one. If it can get passed Kelly Thompson's petty sabotage in MMX.

It could be the best thing that happens to the Wolverine franchise to be honest. Sacks is a good writer and right now the whole Weapon Plus plot has been completely messed up by Way and Loeb. If he can follow up on what Tieri and Morrison did and retcon the Romulus involvement, it could be something really good. Lot of untapped potential with this thing, lot of good mystery to explore.
    I think Romulus was widely unpopular, and Creed's death had to promptly be retconned in another story. So I could see that as something Hickman overrides. Also.....if he gets rid of Romulus, I wonder if Daken will get gone too! That'd be great. We need to cut down on some of these Wolverines. And we already had Creed for Dark Wolverine & arch foe, which is all he's allowed to be. So what do we need Daken for? And he sure as Hell doesn't deserve to be a hero if Creed couldn't make it as one.

So Romulus & Daken -both Way & Loeb additions need to go. And some of the retcons to Wolverine's past like his parents, childhood, and anything Gillen did. Wolverine is best done with a reboot that gets rid of some of the sob story writers tried to throw in. Especially get rid of Dog Logan. DARN!!!!

Of all the characters in Marvel, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Deadpool are in biggest needs of reboots.

That's a great news, I didn't like the way he died and his characterization in the Weapon X flashback scenes, regarding the outfit I don't think he's going to wear it, it's just his most iconic costume and it works well on the cover. I just hope it's the real Sabretooth and not an impostor or whatever lol.
    Hopefully Brisson won't troll like that, and this will be the real Sabretooth. He didn't go out with any dignity or badassery. So hopefully Brisson will restore that.

Supposedly Logan cut him into pieces & buried him in different parts of the world. If that is really what Brisson had in mind, I do wonder how Creed got back. Who collected his pieces & reassembled him? It'd be badass if he didn't need help & brought himself back, but I doubt that. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-20-2019 at 04:37 PM.

lol

Join the club. lol

I agree that Jason Momoa would have been a great choice for Sabertooth. He definitely has the build and looks. While he isn't naturally blonde, he certainly has the predatory look down.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Small mistakes happen, but it is worrisome. How many other mistakes have been made that may have gone to print already? lol But honestly, I don't see Sabretooth having much role in anything. We got Rosenburg's WoR and AU Creed in DML. But besides that, he's probably gonna most be in limbo when the Hickman stuff starts. Until Wolverine gets an official solo again.
    True, let's hope the mistakes will only happen in interviews and not in the comics themselves lol. A friend read the first issue of War of the Realms X-Men and the recent issue of Black Widow and he told me that Sabretooth didn't appear in those issues so for now nothing new with him until next month at least. Maybe he will appear in the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon X one shot, if they retcon Romulus' involvement and the fact that Creed and Logan were his little pets, that would be a great thing!

Even Momoa won't fit now that he's shaved off all his hair. lol He needs that for Sabretooth. The actor needs to look menacing without looking over the top & corny like Mane. And he need not have a dad-bod & fat face like Schreiber. No more out of shape dudes & wrestlers. The only Sabretooth a wrestler is gonna give us in another dumb oaf like Mane. Everyone is talking about Triple H. being Sabretooth. HELL NO!!!!!! Maybe a younger one could have worked -not the old washed-up guy we have now.
    I almost didn't recognize him without his beard lol, but yeah they should find a good actor and then have bulk up and that's it. That's why I think Rollo from Vikings would look great as Sabretooth:

He's menacing, he doesn't look over the top and he's really good during action scenes especially during this scene around the 2:04 mark:

Even with Aaron though, he still depicted Creed as Logan's inferior. Like their fight in the elevator in Japan's Most Wanted. Logan knocks Creed over, and escapes leaving Creed is the flaming elevator. And the infamous b-day party where Wolverine shows up & single-handedly defeats everyone in his rogue's gallery with no problem. I also think it was Aaron who did that random scene where he's keeping kittens for a snack & Mystique comes in & takes them. I could really do without cheap gimmicks like that too. "What can we do to show Creed is evil? I know, lets have him eating kittens." That entire scene served no purpose. And after Mystique tells him to get lost, we don't see him again in the issue. It could've been Bendis. Hard to remember since it's all running together.

A story I did like was Noir. I forget if it was Wolverine Noir or Weapon X Noir. It's been a while since I read it. An AU story with Creed as a head crime boss who easily beat down Logan when he came to challenge him -in a boxing match lol.
    Yeah that birthday party during the Aaron's run was meant to give Logan a small victory after Creed outsmarted him during the last arc but it was really rushed, hell the last arc of of his Wolverine's run were rushed lol. Regarding the Kitten's scens it was Marjorie Liu who wrote it during her Astonishing X-Men run and yeah it was dumb especially when he was begging Mystique to give him back the kittens.

Noir was such a messed up story especially the origins of Dog and Rose but yeah Creed was great in this story, really intimidating especially during that boxing match. In the same vein, you should give a try to Savage Wolverine #20 it was written by Tieri and Sabretooth's characterization was amazing in it!

Lord knows. I keep watching solicits to see. I hated Pak's depiction of Creed. BUT if he were to do a series, I figure he may end up getting the ending to Creed x Monet. Given the ending he wrote in WX 27, and how useless everything would be if it ended for good there. And despite not being a fan of his characterizations, they were tolerable & could've been worse. In fact, Creed's was worse issues 6-17. But he did still write Creed x Monet in a way their dynamic could be enjoyed. Though nothing compared to what Bunn could've done -or possible Brisson & Duggan too.

Even Pak closure, i'll accept. If he can keep it more serious like their scene in issue 24, and not devolve it into meme-talk, and HS insults. Both characters are adults, so I don't wanna read them having a sitcom argument like Ross x Rachel or millennials.
    Yeah issue 6-17 were bad but the thing is, apart from the last issue and the Old Man Logan flashback Pak never wrote an unverted Creed so who knows maybe he could do a good job with this version of the character and create a nice dynamic between Monet and the "evil" Creed. Yeah I'm trying to be optimist here lol.

I can't bet money on Brisson or Duggan since they aren't too prominent. And Bunn is not likely to get either of them back anytime soon. Rosenberg & Pak have the best chances now.

A flashback can also work. It won't take much. I would just like an on-panel address of their feelings. We had 6 other characters pointing out how they seemed to have feelings for each other. But neither of them ever acknowledged anything. Bunn says they were in love. Did they ever act on it? Were they gonna get together if his run continued, were they already secretly together during his run, had they been together & broken up sometime in the 8-month gap, etc? We never get answers on where their relationship wast. I assumed they never went passed mutual attraction. But if Bunn had done a shock-reveal -like showing them in bed together & that they had been together for a while, I'd have bought it. But we never saw anything like that, so I never assumed they were together. But I did read them as having feelings for each other & it'd be nice to have it confirmed on-panel. No more beating around the bush & ship-teasing. Have THEM acknowledge their feelings -not other characters. Then have them mutually end the relationship rather than leaving it hanging.
    Yeah there is a lot of loose ends regarding their relationship that needs to be adressed down the line and some form of closure is also needed in order to have both characters acknowledge what happened and move on. Not sure if Rosenberg will adress the Monet/Creed relation during the ROW tie in or just let the next writer handles it.

I liked it too. That was the only other ship I was invested in. So 2016 was a golden year for me with Cronet & Roguepool. Both ships were new & fun. But RoguePool got further than Cronet did. They shared a kiss, date, & even admitted their feelings on-panel. During their finale in Despicable Deadpool, Rogue mentions the reason nothing will happen between them is he killed Coulson, not because she never had feelings for him. That took out the ambiguity. Although I rambled above, that's what Creed & Monet need. And that's what I'd be happy to get.

I hate RoguePool didn't get to be a couple for a little while before the ship sank, but it was fun while it lasted. I am also not big on Rogue x Gambit. Stable couples don't last long, so Romy will eventually repeat Jott and the marriage is gonna crumble in a big way. And given DP is a big-name character, any past Rogue romance that comes up, has high chances of being that one. If it can get passed Kelly Thompson's petty sabotage in MMX.
    Yeah it was an interesting new couple but unfortunately after the change of editors, the writing was on the wall and at least there was some closure as you said. Not sure what's going to happen with Romy or Jott, but I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some drama, that's the X-Men we're talking about!

I think Romulus was widely unpopular, and Creed's death had to promptly be retconned in another story. So I could see that as something Hickman overrides. Also.....if he gets rid of Romulus, I wonder if Daken will get gone too! That'd be great. We need to cut down on some of these Wolverines. And we already had Creed for Dark Wolverine & arch foe, which is all he's allowed to be. So what do we need Daken for? And he sure as Hell doesn't deserve to be a hero if Creed couldn't make it as one.

So Romulus & Daken -both Way & Loeb additions need to go. And some of the retcons to Wolverine's past like his parents, childhood, and anything Gillen did. Wolverine is best done with a reboot that gets rid of some of the sob story writers tried to throw in. Especially get rid of Dog Logan. DARN!!!!

Of all the characters in Marvel, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Deadpool are in biggest needs of reboots.
    Yeah both of them needs to go, what's funny is the Loeb's Evolution story was so terrible that he retconned it during his Sabretooth's reborn but unfortunately he did way worse during his second run lol. Just retcon Origin/Origin II/X-Men Origins Sabretooth/Wolverine Origins/Evolution/Sabretooth's reborn/First X-Men/Avengers 1959 and keep the past of Logan and Victor a mystery, that should be a good first step. And I agree Dog Logan is such a useless character, no wonder he's in limbo right now lol.

Hopefully Brisson won't troll like that, and this will be the real Sabretooth. He didn't go out with any dignity or badassery. So hopefully Brisson will restore that.

Supposedly Logan cut him into pieces & buried him in different parts of the world. If that is really what Brisson had in mind, I do wonder how Creed got back. Who collected his pieces & reassembled him? It'd be badass if he didn't need help & brought himself back, but I doubt that. lol
    Maybe each pieces of Creed will regenerate on their own and create several Sabretooth, now that would be messed up
    Last edited by Hush; 04-24-2019 at 02:38 PM.

True, let's hope the mistakes will only happen in interviews and not in the comics themselves lol. A friend read the first issue of War of the Realms X-Men and the recent issue of Black Widow and he told me that Sabretooth didn't appear in those issues so for now nothing new with him until next month at least. Maybe he will appear in the Captain America/Wolverine Weapon X one shot, if they retcon Romulus' involvement and the fact that Creed and Logan were his little pets, that would be a great thing!
    Praise Hickman if he can get that fixed. When he listed Mr. Sinister as his fav. mutant, tons of fans were telling him Sinister wasn't a mutant, and worrying about the X-future if he didn't know that. But Hickman responded "Watch me work." So we got some retcons & history clean-ups coning. lol

Yeah. Creed was absent in both books, but it was expected. At BEST, I thought me may appear at the very end of WoR in silhouette. But I knew odds were slim.

We may see him next week, since previews always come the Thurs. before the chapter release. So we'll get all the previews for May 8th releases on the 2nd. I may check out previews, since I am always curious on art work. Perez shared one Sabretooth scan, but it looked comical in nature, so it didn't really say much. lol

I hope Creed is in BW 5. Maybe coming back with Zemo & Tasky to take out NRP for good.

Far as Hickman goes, lets hope he finds Creed to be a good enough character to clean. Rather than only cleaning Logan and dirtying Creed even more.

I almost didn't recognize him without his beard lol, but yeah they should find a good actor and then have bulk up and that's it. That's why I think Rollo from Vikings would look great as Sabretooth:

He's menacing, he doesn't look over the top and he's really good during action scenes especially during this scene around the 2:04 mark:

He could work too. Anyone in that range is good. We don't need a beefy guy like Brock Lesnar. I always preferred Sabretooth's more lean designs anyway. I wasn't big on his bulky 90's look. But I think he was too small in Overdrive. Something like how he looked in Return of the Native, as far as his build. These.
    Lean.jpg
    So that actor could work as well. And we'd have better chances of getting him than Momoa. lol

Yeah that birthday party during the Aaron's run was meant to give Logan a small victory after Creed outsmarted him during the last arc but it was really rushed, hell the last arc of of his Wolverine's run were rushed lol. Regarding the Kitten's scene it was Marjorie Liu who wrote it during her Astonishing X-Men run and yeah it was dumb especially when he was begging Mystique to give him back the kittens.
    And since when can't Creed just knock down a door & take kittens? And the fact he actually stops protesting just because Mystique told him to get lost....just ugh. She's going on the bad writers list. lol

Noir was such a messed up story especially the origins of Dog and Rose but yeah Creed was great in this story, really intimidating especially during that boxing match. In the same vein, you should give a try to Savage Wolverine #20 it was written by Tieri and Sabretooth's characterization was amazing in it!
    I think I did read that one. Is it the Valentine Day massacre where Creed killed another of James Bond's....I mean Logan's women? lol

It was a good story. If only we could get him back longer than a one-shot!!!!!!

Yeah issue 6-17 were bad but the thing is, apart from the last issue and the Old Man Logan flashback Pak never wrote an unverted Creed so who knows maybe he could do a good job with this version of the character and create a nice dynamic between Monet and the "evil" Creed. Yeah I'm trying to be optimist here lol.
    I envy you. I only have headcanon. All my optimism was beaten out of me. lol

Bunn helps. With my headcanon, I am 20 years into the future. Creed is short-haired & anti-heroing with Magneto's future Brotherhood. with Monet. lol Daken, Luara, and Gabby are dead. Logan & Mystique are MIA. All is right with the world. lol

Rosenberg talks about being a fan of different eras of the X-Men. The 60's villains like Magneto & Brotherhood. The 80's villains like Stryker and others.

When it came to Sabretooth, he put Creed in the 70's category. It makes sense as Creed was created via 70's. But he specifically said "some 70's stuff is coming" with Creed. And that was not his best era. lol Honestly in the grand scheme of things, he had lots of years that weren't his best. He only seemed to be a decent to B-list villain from mid-late 80's and up to 2002, with some low moments here & there. Then 2003, he fell off & became a joke again like when he lost to Black Cat and scratches up his own face fighting Spider-Man.

Yeah there is a lot of loose ends regarding their relationship that needs to be addressed down the line and some form of closure is also needed in order to have both characters acknowledge what happened and move on. Not sure if Rosenberg will address the Monet/Creed relation during the ROW tie in or just let the next writer handles it.
    I can't really see it coming up in WoR. I Just don't know where it would. I can definitely think of how it can come up. I just think the chances are low. lol

For example, Rosenberg said Creed is a survivalist who naturally joins the winning side, but he has other plans. Well, did he join under the condition no harm come to Monet? A possible way to bring up the ship and the shipper in me loves the idea. But I sure as HECK doubt that being the case. And more often that not, it'll be some simplistic one-note goal. I.E. his X-Men revenge.

Far as anything Creed is in, I have doubts on Monet ever coming up. Even with Pak, he brought it up in a rather sloppy fashion.If this relationship ever comes up again, I could see chances of it whenever we see Monet in something. Maybe if she once again wonders where he is. Or if she ends up on another team eventually, Creed will get brought up by someone to spite her.

Yeah it was an interesting new couple but unfortunately after the change of editors, the writing was on the wall and at least there was some closure as you said. Not sure what's going to happen with Romy or Jott, but I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some drama, that's the X-Men we're talking about!

Yeah both of them needs to go, what's funny is the Loeb's Evolution story was so terrible that he retconned it during his Sabretooth's reborn but unfortunately he did way worse during his second run lol. Just retcon Origin/Origin II/X-Men Origins Sabretooth/Wolverine Origins/Evolution/Sabretooth's reborn/First X-Men/Avengers 1959 and keep the past of Logan and Victor a mystery, that should be a good first step. And I agree Dog Logan is such a useless character, no wonder he's in limbo right now lol.
    I can't even get Wolverine's names right.

Is he James Logan? Logan Howlett? James Logan Howlett? James Howlett? Etc. Bring on the revisions. lol Even worse was Jimmy. Now we got a blond Wolverine with claws. So they can't even let Creed have that. We need blonde Wolverine too.

Maybe each pieces of Creed will regenerate on their own and create several Sabretooth, now that would be messed up
    No telling what Brisson will come with. I hope it's good, because I do plan to read it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-24-2019 at 06:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, i remember that Creed and Logan dress pretty similar outside the job, i remember Wolverine #10 when he was in cowboy attire.
    Yeah, and I love that years later in Origin II it got revealed who's 'birthday' it actually is that Logan to this day thinks is his.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    Attachment 78579
    About Creed & Birdy.
    From what marvel comic is this from?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #243 Apr 1989
    Inferno: Part 6 of 7 - "Ashes!" Guest-starring X-Factor.
    Story continued from X-Factor #38...

On top of the Empire State Building, the X-Men mourn for Madelyne Pryor and talk about everything that happened during Inferno.
    Suddenly Jean Grey cries out. She forms a telekinetic bubble around herself and lets nobody in.
    Psylocke uses her telepathy to bring herself, Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine inside Jean's mind.
    There they are at the Blue Area of the moon and witness the last instants before Phoenix sacrificed herself.
    She perishes shouting Scott's name. The X-Men see that her energy does not dissipate, but rises towards earth.
    Cyclops wonders how Jean knows of these events since she is in suspended animation at Jamaica Bay at the time.
    Suddenly a large fist appears and smashes the memory. It is Sinister.
    Psylocke tells the others that if he destroys all memories, Jean's soul and mind will be completely obliterated.
    The X-Men float through more shards of memories, which are clearly Madelyne's.
    In the center, they find Jean's memories loosely assembled around an image of the mansion, which is guarded by a redheaded figure.
    As the X-Men approach she looks like the Goblin Queen and fires a blast. She then turns into Jean as Marvel Girl and asks for forgiveness.
    Betsy understands that Jean's condition is a result of trying to integrate two powerful individual psyches.
    Storm suggests to bring Rogue into the mindscape too, since she faces a similar effect each time she uses her powers,
    but Psylocke discovers that an outside force blocks her from going outside of Jean's mind.
    A huge image of Sinister appears and he destroys another memory shard. The X-Men try to fight him, but physical powers are useless.
    Only Betsy's telepathy stands a chance and she succeeds in building a barrier, keeping Sinister at bay.
    The others try to talk some sense into Madelyne's personality, who gained the upper hand again.
    Both Scott and Logan fail. She refuses to help and is glad that the X-Men might die along with her.
    Storm realizes that this isn't Madelyne at all, it is Jean who is about to give up;
    she was terrified about the Phoenix force's offer and denied it with her every being.
    The results were Dark Phoenix and the Goblyn Queen. Maybe it would be better if things ended right now.
    Psylocke's shield breaks and Sinister gets through again. He heard the last part of Jean's fears and offers
    her to break the terrible cycle by stripping her of memories and identity that have caused nothing but pain.
    Madelyne refuses. She changes into Dark Phoenix, then into Jean and tells him that this is
    her mind, her soul, her life and she means to keep them herself and she blocks Sinister out.

In Xavier's mansion, which he uses as a hideout, Sinister tells Malice to alert the others, since the X-Men are on their way.
    Jean learned of his location during their final battle for her mind. The X-Men and X-Factor have split up into smaller teams.
    The first, consisting of Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine and Archangel enter the mansion through Storm's former attic.

Psylocke and Rogue use the hangar bay as their way in.

Meanwhile Beast and Longshot brought Mr. And Mrs. Grey and baby Christopher to the X-Factor ship.
    They argue which one stays behind to guard the Greys and who may go to help to fight Sinister.
    The remaining mutants, Colossus, Iceman, Havok and Dazzler, approach the mansion through the Morlock tunnels beneath the Xavier estate.
    They cover forty miles without a problem, but right before the mansion, they run into a demon-transformed Blockbuster.
    He is faster and stronger than they remember and knocks Colossus and Iceman out before they can do anything.
    In the narrow tunnels, Dazzler shoots a full force laser beam, but she has no effect.
    Blockbuster grabs her, but suddenly Havok unleashes a plasma beam and kills him. Alison wonders,
    because he was always afraid of doing that. Alex replies that Inferno changed him.
    In the hangar bay Sabretooth sneaks up on Betsy and slams her into the ground. He wants to rip her throat,

but Psylocke reaches into his animalistic mind and stops him in mid-air and fries his mind.
    Upstairs in the mansion, the first group discovers that Sinister has searched
    through everything, personal and private rooms, even the Professor's office.
    While they are most distracted Malice strikes and hurls metallic debris around and Jean and Ororo quickly defeat her.

The X-Men gather in the main room and start to interrogate Polaris/Malice, who is held in one of Jean's telekinetic fields.
    She refuses to reveal any information about Sinister. Storm orders Psylocke to mind-probe her
    and then try to separate the two women, but Malice says that would surely kill her because the bonding is permanent.
    She turns to Havok, claiming that she still loves him, and Alex asks her to prove it by giving them the needed information.
    The mansion explodes, all lie around unconscious. The only one who is unhurt is Malice.
    Ironically the field that held her shielded her from the impact.
    Sinister comes out of hiding and pulls Jean from the debris, now he has the original to tamper with
    and he orders Malice to kill the other members of the X-Men and X-Factor as Longshot arrives on the scene to stop them.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Hilary Barta.

Praise Hickman if he can get that fixed. When he listed Mr. Sinister as his fav. mutant, tons of fans were telling him Sinister wasn't a mutant, and worrying about the X-future if he didn't know that. But Hickman responded "Watch me work." So we got some retcons & history clean-ups coning. lol
    Damn I hope so, I trust Hickman on this one.

Yeah. Creed was absent in both books, but it was expected. At BEST, I thought me may appear at the very end of WoR in silhouette. But I knew odds were slim.

We may see him next week, since previews always come the Thurs. before the chapter release. So we'll get all the previews for May 8th releases on the 2nd. I may check out previews, since I am always curious on art work. Perez shared one Sabretooth scan, but it looked comical in nature, so it didn't really say much. lol

I hope Creed is in BW 5. Maybe coming back with Zemo & Tasky to take out NRP for good.

Far as Hickman goes, lets hope he finds Creed to be a good enough character to clean. Rather than only cleaning Logan and dirtying Creed even more.
    The calm before the storm But yeah I'm curious with what Rosenberg is going to do with him, can't be worse than what we got in recent years lol.

Regarding Hickman, the sollicits of the first issue of HOX/POX didn't reveal a lot of things, maybe the august sollicits will give us more clues about what's this big story is about and if Creed will be somehow involved.

He could work too. Anyone in that range is good. We don't need a beefy guy like Brock Lesnar. I always preferred Sabretooth's more lean designs anyway. I wasn't big on his bulky 90's look. But I think he was too small in Overdrive. Something like how he looked in Return of the Native, as far as his build. These.
    Lean.jpg
    So that actor could work as well. And we'd have better chances of getting him than Momoa. lol
    Yeah lean design should work too, similar to the way Jeanty draws him during Weapon X/Deadpool:

And since when can't Creed just knock down a door & take kittens? And the fact he actually stops protesting just because Mystique told him to get lost....just ugh. She's going on the bad writers list. lol
    Yeah it didn't make any sense and I was surprised at the time because Liu is usually a great writer. Damn the list keeps growing lol.

I think I did read that one. Is it the Valentine Day massacre where Creed killed another of James Bond's....I mean Logan's women? lol

It was a good story. If only we could get him back longer than a one-shot!!!!!!
    Yeah that's the one lol. Tieri recently did a Venom one shot and he wrote a short Sabretooth story during the Deadpool Wedding issue which was edited by Jordan White, so who knows maybe Jordan can convince him to come back and write some Sabretooth stories.

I envy you. I only have headcanon. All my optimism was beaten out of me. lol

Bunn helps. With my headcanon, I am 20 years into the future. Creed is short-haired & anti-heroing with Magneto's future Brotherhood. with Monet. lol Daken, Luara, and Gabby are dead. Logan & Mystique are MIA. All is right with the world. lol
    Now that would be a fun alternate future similar to the one Bunn teased during X-Men Blue if I'm not mistaken. Who knows maybe one day!

Rosenberg talks about being a fan of different eras of the X-Men. The 60's villains like Magneto & Brotherhood. The 80's villains like Stryker and others.

When it came to Sabretooth, he put Creed in the 70's category. It makes sense as Creed was created via 70's. But he specifically said "some 70's stuff is coming" with Creed. And that was not his best era. lol Honestly in the grand scheme of things, he had lots of years that weren't his best. He only seemed to be a decent to B-list villain from mid-late 80's and up to 2002, with some low moments here & there. Then 2003, he fell off & became a joke again like when he lost to Black Cat and scratches up his own face fighting Spider-Man.
    70s for Sabretooth? Ouch, that's not great since this version is terrible lol. The Sabretooth from the 80s, 90s and early 00s are the best versions of the character. 70s and post 2003 are some of the worst for sure.

I can't really see it coming up in WoR. I Just don't know where it would. I can definitely think of how it can come up. I just think the chances are low. lol

For example, Rosenberg said Creed is a survivalist who naturally joins the winning side, but he has other plans. Well, did he join under the condition no harm come to Monet? A possible way to bring up the ship and the shipper in me loves the idea. But I sure as HECK doubt that being the case. And more often that not, it'll be some simplistic one-note goal. I.E. his X-Men revenge.

Far as anything Creed is in, I have doubts on Monet ever coming up. Even with Pak, he brought it up in a rather sloppy fashion.If this relationship ever comes up again, I could see chances of it whenever we see Monet in something. Maybe if she once again wonders where he is. Or if she ends up on another team eventually, Creed will get brought up by someone to spite her.
    Maybe one of the X-Men will say something about Monet when they meet Creed again, I mean some of the X-Men knew about them. But what you said about Creed joining Malekith to protect Monet could be interesting although Monet is supposed to be "dead" right now so who knows.

Bringing Creed up just to spite her would be terrible, but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. After Age of X-Man is done, I could see Monet joining the Hellfire Club (like she did during Bunn's run) and form a team with Emma, it could be fun. And of course along the way they would meet Creed again who already worked several times with the Hellfire Club in the past.

I can't even get Wolverine's names right.

Is he James Logan? Logan Howlett? James Logan Howlett? James Howlett? Etc. Bring on the revisions. lol Even worse was Jimmy. Now we got a blond Wolverine with claws. So they can't even let Creed have that. We need blonde Wolverine too.
    James "Logan" Howlett which is really dumb, hopefully the MCU will ignore all of this and just go with Logan and the comics will follow. At least they didn't change Sabretooth name yet, and lmao at Jimmy he's useless and with any chance he won't survive the Absolute Carnage event.

No telling what Brisson will come with. I hope it's good, because I do plan to read it.
    Same!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    From what marvel comic is this from?
    It's from Uncanny X-Men Vol.1 #326.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-26-2019 at 06:42 AM.