Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Interesting panel. Though given my low vision, it's hard to make out everything that's going on.

At first glance, Creed gave me a Pirate feel. lol

Well on update, HOX 1 has been released, and all the scans we've seen of Creed have been from this issue. I will say fairly that this is a decent depiction of him. It's not the best, but by no means is it the worst -especially coming off of Rosenberg...

Again, the character seems more watered down. He kinda has a Pak feel to him in terms of attitude. But more the latter half of Weapon X, instead of the former. Where he has the child-like "innocence" for lack of better word lol about him.

It's questionable where his head is. He does not seem evil like Rosenberg Creed. Again, he seems to be where he was in Weapon X-Force before the lobotomy.

spoilers:
    We see him with Mystique & Toad while the latter is collecting info from Damage Control. Creed has happily injured all of the guards, but it's not made to seem like he murdered any of them. Fantastic Four show up to apprehend them and Creed orders Mystique & Toad to run while he handles them. One punch from Thing sends him flying and Mystique & Toad quickly try to book it. As the go through a portal, Mystique calls for Creed to hurry up, but he's caught in a barrier by Sue Storm before he can make it. Cyclops shows up to claim him on grounds of amnesty but Reed is not having it, noting that Creed has broken a number of laws and injured numerous guards (not killed). Cyclops sees they feel strongly about it, so he allows them to keep Creed and says they'll settle it another way later. Creed is clearly not happy about that. But as of now, he's the FF prisoner & it's a waiting game to see if he can escape, if someone from the X-Men will come back to get him out, or if he'll be there the entire run lol.
    end of spoilers

So that's where we are now. And Lord knows where that's gonna go, if anywhere. SO FAR, it's decent enough not to dread his upcoming parts. But it's still not good.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-10-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Yeah, Silver Fang just got the point: one issue of kinda moderate portrait can't tell us much.

And although I know cover arts often don't indicate books' contents, I still think the cover of POX #2 feathering him, Emma Frost, Magneto and Toad gives some comfort. spoilers:
    Now that it seems he works in the style of WXF Creed, imagining some Buncanny plots won't be absurd.

By the way, someone, Cyclops maybe, must deliberately shut the gateway down before Creed entered. I think that was obvious lol. The best supposition is he got captured with deeper penetration mission, but if so,that will be odd because why not sending Mystique.

Edit: Okay, I went back to check and found it's more like the gate was blocked by Invisible Woman.
    end of spoilers

Then in fact I'm a little relieved to see his absence in Wave One, but still worried. Even Toad and Mistique got positions on the group-photo of SDCC, maybe he's gonna get his ass kicked in X-Men, X-Force etc. as low-class villain again.
    Last edited by WildR; 07-25-2019 at 03:46 AM.

I don't see anything from Bunncanny coming up. Bunn is one of the most ignored writers in X-Men. And given the start Creed has here, I can't imagine he's gonna be doing anything of importance that would require any focus.

I wouldn't even call Creed's portrayal moderate. I said "decent" to be polite, because we've seen MUCH worse. But otherwise, he was pretty useless & ineffective this issue. He just seemed to be around to serve as the fall guy, which is never a flattering position because it's usually assigned to people who are useless & invaluable in every other way.

Creed has been established as an expert hacker. So why does Hickman have Toad as the team hacker instead of Creed? So it doesn't appear he plans on saving the character any face either.

And while Hickman talked about not leeching off of the films, he still brought back X1 Brotherhood, because prior to the crappy films, Sabretooth was not the least bit affiliated with Brotherhood in the comics. That's some crap the films & shows seem stuck on. Then Austen started leeching off of it in the comics, now Creed is known for being a useless Brotherhood henchmen, among other unflattering things.

Again, he needed not even be in this issue. If Hickman needed a useless fall man, why continue dragging Creed through the mud instead of using Blob or Glob. Sadly this is why Creed's character sucks so much nowadays. He is often nerfed for all kinds of wasted & unflattering roles that should go to C or D-listers. And as a result, his stock went from A or B list back to a D, where he was in the 70's before he even had powers.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-10-2019 at 06:33 PM.

D8CB80D1-5C84-49E8-A101-C6E6CFDA1D76.jpg
    0295B8CA-2C18-48DE-A83A-25B0F5E8A2B2.jpg
    Henderson posted this on his Twitter account. And if POX #2's cover art indicates the panels inside, glad to see Silva's Sabretooth tomorrow. I love their arts both.

Given the spoiler summary, Magneto is the only one on the cover who appears. The current day characters mentioned are Cyclops, Xavier, and Magneto.

But nothing about Creed in the summary. So again, covers just look cool but don't reflect the interiors.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Given the spoiler summary, Magneto is the only one on the cover who appears. The current day characters mentioned are Cyclops, Moira, Xavier, and Magneto.

But nothing about Creed in the summary. So again, covers just look cool but don't reflect the interiors.
    Oops, I just read the spoiler from reddit too. Disappointed but not surprised.

EH. Creed may stay captured by the F4 for all we know. lol

And we'll cut back to scenes of them smacking him around for comedy, then get back to important characters.

I at least hope HOX 3 is an honest cover & we'll finally be getting back to present day characters & events. A month of past & future for characters I am indifferent to is a letdown for me.

At least with crappy appearance from Creed, there's room for complaint & debate, which is better than pure indifference.The latter is boring as Hell.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 03:54 AM.

Absolute Carnage spins into Ruins of Ravencroft, a series showing some of Marvel's criminally insane villains, starring Dracula, Carnage, and Sabretooth. With various TBA artists and writing by Frank Tieri.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-ravencroft

Whenever Tieri has Creed he usually does him justice. Plus it's outside of the X-Office where most disrespected characters get treated seriously. So I am definitely interested in checking this out in Jan. Hopefully Tieri won't disappoint. He hasn't so far.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-03-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Well, that must be set before House of X then.

spoilers:
    Because Victor just suffered a fate worse than death in issue 6.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh, why ruin good news by bringing up Hickman's bad writing. lol As I called back in May, he's done nothing but screw Sabretooth over.

I did post to Tieri on twitter a few times that he'd be appreciated writing Creed again since he was the last to do the villainous version justice.

Hopefully X-Office hasn't rubbed off on him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-05-2019 at 06:33 PM.

One could argue that Sabretooth was served justice, from a certain point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ugh, why ruin good news by bringing up Hickman's mess. lol As I called back in May, he's done nothing but screw Sabretooth over.

I did post to Tieri on twitter a few times that he'd be appreciated writing Creed again since he was the last to do the villainous version justice.

Hopefully X-Office hasn't rubbed off on him.
    I'm surprised nobody already posted the House of X status update before that news came.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well many Creed fans aren't active on this site, besides me and I didn't think it was good news, so I didn't bother. lol After Rosencanny I decided against reviving the thread for bad news. Since it's nothing more than a complaint thread atm.

But Frank Tieri writing him in a one-shot will probably be better than anything in the X-books for him since 2003-2014 + 2017-2019.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-14-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Looking at Powers of X #6, we could have a Chekhov's Gun that could pertain to Creed in the distant future.

A blonde, feral, pouncing, clawed-fingered, mutant with Jim Lee arm-spikes, attacks the Librarian. This is clearly not Creed, but the similarity seems too close to be simple coincidence.

So looks like our boy may have some children / descendants in his future. Make More Mutants.
    This would be interesting. It never made sense that given Creed is older than Wolverine & Mystique, he's only ever had 1 child. Hopefully the next one he has will not be with Mystique. After HOX 6, he only ever needs to be gutting her.

Fantastic Member

all I know and remember about Tieri is how disappointing and forgettable the Weapon X series went. it was interesting at first but that ending was seriously dumb. Neverland's resolution was so disappointing.