POWERS
    Regarding power, Monet is versatile. Her power-set includes
    * Flight
    * Super Strength
    * Telepathy
    * Telekinesis
    * Nigh-Invulnerability
    * Genius Intellect
    Her powers are so vast that Jubilee once stated that her power is just to be perfect. Meanwhile, Domino has stated that it seems like M was caught in an explosion at a superpower factory.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-18-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error

LOLOLOL love the thread title

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

^
    Thanks. lol Seemed appropriate. I am just stuck on what to use for the banner. So you may see it change a bit until I can settle on one. lol

I may just look through the books and find a good panel shot, and forget about trying to make it fancy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-08-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Default She's Muslim!She's Black! Monet St Croix Appreciation 2019

Show your New Year Appreciation for Marvel's s second Black female X-Man but #1 HBIC

From her Generation X intro...kinda dated

BANNED

I liked that collage of her in the other thread, is there one with all of her outfits from Generation X?

PAD may have made her Muslim, but she wasn't created by Lobdell as such, nor said to be in any of the original Gen X run.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    PAD may have made her Muslim, but she wasn't created by Lobdell as such, nor said to be in any of the original Gen X run.
    I was thinking the same thing. Her being Muslim was a late addition, but I am cool with it. Just not the needless skin changing. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-08-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Her being Muslim was a late addition, but I am cool with it. Just not the needless skin changing. lol
    Personally, I didn't like much of PAD's Monet. She lost her genius and telepathic edge, and just became a meaner version of Kim Kardashian. Tacking on a Muslim label to her, with no real show of her actually being devout or much insight into being culturally Muslim, was an empty gesture. Sure, if she's from Algeria, she should probably be Muslim(statistically), but with a name like St. Croix, and no mention at all of this from her Gen X run, I think it was fine to just leave her be.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Personally, I didn't like much of PAD's Monet. She lost her genius and telepathic edge, and just became a meaner version of Kim Kardashian. Tacking on a Muslim label to her, with no real show of her actually being devout or much insight into being culturally Muslim, was an empty gesture. Sure, if she's from Algeria, she should probably be Muslim(statistically), but with a name like St. Croix, and no mention at all of this from her Gen X run, I think it was fine to just leave her be.
    I didn't like PAD's Monet either. And he seemed to flip-flop with her. One min. she's a narcissist who's a hero in name only. Then the next minute, she's more genuine & concerned for people.

Examples.
    * A mutant is poisoned & about to die. Monet backs away so said mutant doesn't explode on her shirt.
    * Strong Guy leaves their date to go after bad guys. Monet is pissed that he rejected her company & tells him they aren't the police. So I guess they don't need to help people.

Then on the flip, she was shown trying to save Nicole, whom she took back home with them. Then later, she gets mad that Strong Guy was about to let a little girl get killed, then calls him a soulless monster. Even though she got pissed at him trying to help people before.

Not to mention her wardrobe was not good. She was either too plain, like the lip t-shirt & pants. Or too provocative like the boob-tastic outfit later in the run.

Nothing wrong with women showing cleavage. But far as Monet's character goes, this doesn't seem like something she'd wear.

Looks like something Emma would wear.

Meanwhile, Monet is attractive & in touch with her sexuality, but I still think her style should be more preppy. Where she can be sexy and flaunt it without having to go Emma's route. Like her outfits in Generation X.

The most revealing thing she wore was this.
    Attachment 76468
    And she didn't wear this long before she went to a more preppy casual dress wear.

I prefer the more simple, yet preppy fashionable Monet. Like this
    Attachment 76470

Her style & overall character in X-Factor seemed like a deviation. Like her posing naked on the cover for Vanity Fair. Again, I could see that for Emma, but it seems like something Monet would find tacky.

Now this is all just me. But many may disagree. It can work in terms of Monet becoming what she hates and following the path of Emma, whom she scoffed at in GenX. Similar with Bunn writing her as joining the HFC. I found it interesting, but was wary on the change.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-08-2019 at 03:16 PM.

I haven't been keeping up with Uncanny, since it seems a bit lackluster. But least M did get a shout-out in issue 9. Though she didn't show up at the end. Unknown if she'll arrive issue 10 or not.

Once again, just a shame we're still with the X-Factor outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Once again, just a shame we're still with the X-Factor outfit.
    Ugh I know right

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ugh I know right
    Tsk. But we know how Marvel is with some trends it won't let stay dead. lol Like underwear or diapers on the outside, Sabretooth in fur, and I think Mystique's had that loincloth dress for YEARS!!!

BANNED

I mean..isnt to time to push Monet really hard again? I mean...a 12 issue Maxi series or something. They are finally treating Domino right but Monet is in and out too much...its went on for too long and it needs to be corrected.

BANNED

is it a coincidence Monet and Husk didn't show up on the next splash and aren't in any Age of X-Man solicitations

BANNED

Another thing..is she gonna be dark skinned this year or back to looking like a mixed looking light brown? Lol. They always switching...