Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
And he's supposed to have superhuman speed as well I think. His stats list his speed as average. I miss when this was true.
Yeah not sure how Marvel could miss that.

That worries me. Are they fans of Wolverine or fanboys? And in which case, is Creed gonna be done justice? Or will he just be brought in as the failure version of Wolverine?

But the movies have to take off first. Seems something recently happened that's gonna cause a delay in seeing anything in the MCU.
Well right now, I think they did a good job with the vilains in their movies so with any luck the same thing will happen with Sabretooth. Honestly regarding the delay, it doesn't bother me, of course it also depends of the reception of Dark Phoenix, if the movie isn't great it could be for the best to let the franchise rest for a while.

Horny is the better word. lol I did like Sabretooth's design there.
True lol. Yeah that wasn't a bad design at all, a shame it was quickly abandonned after the Japan Most Wanted mini.

Agreed. I tend to ignore Gillen's work in that regard. It had some stuff I liked, but it was such big retcons, it took me out of the story as a flashback. An AU tale about an alternate Wolverine & Creed could work. But not for previously established canon.
Yeah if it was an AU tale, I wouldn't care but those stories really hurt the classic character unfortunately. Bendis and his Avengers 1950 story didn't help either lol.

It's a safe bet. The only chance for contradiction is if the rumor is true about Pak doing a Sabretooth-related book. He was cheated out of about 9 chapters. Gold was the flagship & Blue x Weapon X were tied for the main team books. Senior ResurrXion titles. Gold & Blue lasted 36 issues, and Weapon X ended at 27, and was clearly very rushed. Since they allowed that book to run so long with it's supposed numbers, the X-Office must like Pak. So I could see them allowing him another maxi series to properly close some stuff out, so the rushed WX ending wasn't too big a deal -because it wasn't the complete end for the story.

But again, only if that rumor is true. Pak may be doing a book that Creed has a cameo in & the rumor exaggerated it with BC getting the wrong idea. Like how Gold & Blue were thought to be ending at issue 30, but it was really just team change-ups for a bit. Or the rumor may be a totally false troll.

But a Greg Pak book will be the only one to continue that bromance. Otherwise, most other books seem content to ignore Weapon X. Only Creed's reversion & apparently Monet's X-Factor costume will stick. Maybe Graydon will too, who knows.

And if Stryker stays dead, then bravo. That's the biggest named character Sabretooth has ever gotten to kill. Stryker has been a bigger named villain since the 80's. I'd argue he's a higher tier than Creed.
That bromance never made any sense and I'm glad if other books won't aknowledge it. The Sabretooth's mini rumor is strange though, as you said it would make sense since the ending of Weapon X felt unfinished and rushed but with the recent announcement that Pak is going to write the main Star Wars series on top of his other projects, I'm not sure if he's going to have time for a Sabretooth mini.

Only time will tell I guess.

Yeah. Her & Sunspot are in his top 5. So many are excited since Monet x Sunspot has become a popular pairing idea -especially from people who hate Creed and want her away from him ASAP. So some pairing fans have hopes of Hickman putting them both in a book & getting Monet with another super powerful, larger than life ego, rich, character of color.

Nothing wrong with the pairing. But since (good written) Creed is one of my favorite characters, and Sunspot isn't, I'm indifferent to it. It's like Buffy x Angel. I loved them together. But I was indifferent to her with Riley. And HATED her with Spike.

Plus Monet x Creed could use some kind of official closure before either one of them gets thrown to someone else. But I may never get that. Or worse, i'll get it but it'll be a half-assed story that demotes & mocks their Uncanny relationship,
Both Sunspot and Monet are great characters and after seeing what Hickman did with Roberto during his Avengers/New Avengers run I can't wait to see what he's going to do with Monet, it could be really fun and rise the character's popularity.

If he wants to pair them together, that could be interesting too because yeah Creed and Monet doesn't work anymore especially now that Creed is back to his older self, a little closure would be good though.

And that's a big issue. With some stuff, it needs to be established soon, otherwise subsequent writers will contradict it. It's easier to rewrite when it wasn't properly expanded on. So far as canon goes, Wolverine has always kicked Creed's ass easily. And it's the default canon now because he didn't expand on Creed being Logan's father & superior or the clone story.

Bunn did the same thing. But it's known he was bogged down by editorial's events. But he had a longer story for Sabretooth, who would try to earn his redemption & slowly fall back to villainy with it being a metaphor for Alzheimer's. But we skipped over all that development to go straight to Pak....

Bunn also said Sabretooth & Monet were in love with each other. Which is big because he'd be the first man Monet loved since Synch. And Sabretooth hasn't loved many people period. Far as we know, only 4 people prior to her -in 150 years. But because Bunn only teased & didn't expand on their relationship, that can easily be ignored in the future. They can be written as just being nothing more that co-workers. Or it can be totally ignored all together when they eventually put Creed back with Raven, pair Monet up with someone else & act as though they never interacted or had a personal connection.

If he shows up, hopefully Claremont will use the one that's supposed to be superior. Not the loser clone Logan always beat.
Yeah in the case of Claremont and Bunn, the problem was with the editors and because of that they couldn't finish their storylines properly. The inversion and Creed falling back to villainy as a metaphor of Alzheimer is such a great idea, a shame Bunn couldn't do it.

Hopefully things will be better now, I'm sure if Duggan or Brisson are promoted as the new Wolverine's writer, they going to handle Sabretooth in a good way. Both Brisson's Iron Fist and Duggan's Deadpool showed that they can do great stuff with Sabretooth and could aknowledge recent events with Monet or give a new "love interest" other than Mystique.

Now if the next writer is someone like Soule, yeah both Wolverine and Sabretooth fans should be affraid lol.

And X-Monday previews haven't added to my optimism. Juggernaut is on a cover, surrounded by X-Men like a hero.

Sabretooth is on a cover surrounded by dogs. Even Juggernaut may be getting more character work, depth, and story than him.
Be careful what you wish for, the last time we got Juggernaut joining the X-Men it was during the Austen's run so let's hope it's better this time around lol.