Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    idn't find any images of that fight: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/sabretooth/page/0/3

I leave you here the page where he mentions the break up of his alliance with Constrictor
    Thanks!
    And I didn't know that Foreigner had this relation with Creed that early. It explains why Pak worte Mistique disguised as him in Weapon X.

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Thanks!
    And I didn't know that Foreigner had this relation with Creed that early. It explains why Pak worte Mistique disguised as him in Weapon X.
    You're welcome! Yes, Foreigner and Sabretooth seem to have known each other for quite a bit, though that was the only time their relationship was referenced as far as I know. I don't know much about Foreigner, but it's interesting that he was referenced in Weapon X. To be honest, I thought he just disappeared from existence and was forgotten forever in comics haha
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-23-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Laura and Daken type relationship, its quite a selfish one lol but that shows how much they care for each other. X-23 should've had him put down long ago for the things he's done and It's surprising Daken gets along with Laura considering he's basically a misanthrope.

Since Creed is evil again, you think Monet would even care about Creed anymore or vice versa, could build that into a Laura and Daken type relationship if Marvel wanted some complexity, but it looks like Hickman wants none of that.

But to get to your point, we're gonna have to wait till all this stupidness with War clears over, not entirely sure why Creed wants a country, at least that means he has other goals in life than fight Logan over and over again lol

Thanks to the website Chubistian offered me, I just found the plot, "Creed nearly killed Constrictor".
    However it actually took place in Marvel Fanfare #6 publishe in 1996.
    marvrl fanfare 1996 #6.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Laura and Daken type relationship, its quite a selfish one lol but that shows how much they care for each other. X-23 should've had him put down long ago for the things he's done and It's surprising Daken gets along with Laura considering he's basically a misanthrope.
    I agree with you. But in the end, this was a positive relationship they still let a piece of crap like Daken have. They could at least do the same for Creed. Why does Daken get a pass for being a piece of sh*t just because he's got Logan DNA. This is the kind of bias the makes characters unlikable. lol

Since Creed is evil again, you think Monet would even care about Creed anymore or vice versa, could build that into a Laura and Daken type relationship if Marvel wanted some complexity, but it looks like Hickman wants none of that.
    If she was in love with him, I would think she would still care about what's happened to him. Again, it goes back to the Buffy x Angel thing. Buffy loved Angel and she never stopped. When she first found out about his turn, she tried to reach the man he was, and grieved when she knew that man was gone. However, Angelus was dangerous so she had to keep him in check, and eventually killed him -technically. And Remender, who started the AXIS story line said Creed was modeled after Angel.'

Now with Sabretooth, before he started being written as a one-note caricature, he loved people. Very few, but it was still there. He loved Bonnie. He loved his mother. And sickeningly enough, he loves Mystique. There should be no reason he can't / won't still care for Monet when he spent over 1 year working with & having feelings for her. Except that would involved depth of character which Creed seldom gets to have. So he may very well not care for her now that he's reverted. Even though that's not how the spell is supposed to work.

But to get to your point, we're gonna have to wait till all this stupidness with War clears over, not entirely sure why Creed wants a country, at least that means he has other goals in life than fight Logan over and over again lol
    I was curious about his part in WoR. And while he's nice he didn't come off as too much of a jobber, it's still not the best. Creed was just as bland as ever here, And there's nothing to care about. At least back in the 80's - 2002, he still had more depth that this. he was much more cunning, he also had lots more charisma, and was fun when he got into his trolling moods. But here, and everywhere else since 2003, I can safely say I wasn't even a fan of him during his Villain stint post -2003. I read his stuff in hopes of getting more, but it rarely delivered.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-23-2019 at 07:51 AM.

It's Rosenberg's idea that Creed wants a kingdom, but nobody knows what motivation Hickman's gonna give Creed. What makes him work with Mistique again and likely followed orders from Magneto or Emma Frost? Mutants' brand new future? Lol, sounds like Bunn has told Hickman to realize his original plan.

Thanks to the website Chubistian offered me, I just found the plot, "Creed nearly killed Constrictor".
    However it actually took place in Marvel Fanfare #6 publishe in 1996.
    marvrl fanfare 1996 #6.jpg
    That’s great! I also was interested in that plot line when I was younger, but I always pictured it in Sabretooth firsts years, no long after his tenure in Power Man & Iron Fist. Nice to know it actually exists
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

@Silver Fang
    I'm under the impression Daken has a more vocal fanbase than Sabretooth's especially with shippers they think he fits in well in a couple, plus when he died in ROW earlier this year they made an outrage over it due to LGBT issues so its pretty much impossible for us to get that sort of voice out there.

If she was in love with him, I would think she would still care about what's happened to him

What was her reaction to him going crazy towards the end of WX?
    From what little I've read of the pair in WX, it seemed pretty one sided. Sabretooth had a sly comment now and then but i think Monet played it straight for the most part..I didn't read it all so it might've not be unrequited. Quick question, who else has Monet been with in the 616, i really think Hickman's gonna ignore their relationship so you might as well prepare for runners up for that pairing.

@WildR
    It's Rosenberg's idea that Creed wants a kingdom

Why lol, he could single handily take over Madripoor if he wanted, only major names there is Gorgon and The Hand, both which are jobbers now.
    Lord's sake i hope he won't take any orders from Emma, personalities conflict too much and with the way she treats Logan he has no chance lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 05-23-2019 at 11:45 AM.

@Silver Fang
    I'm under the impression Daken has a more vocal fanbase than Sabretooth's especially with shippers they think he fits in well in a couple, plus when he died in ROW earlier this year they made an outrage over it due to LGBT issues so its pretty much impossible for us to get that sort of voice out there.
    I think more Creed fans would have to write in to the X-Office directly. But that takes a lot of devotion that I don't think most really have. There's been numerous complaints with scans shown for backup when it comes to the whitewashing of Monet. But she continues to flip-flop throughout the books. lol

I mainly think Daken's popularity is his Wolverine status. So when he is used, he's not constantly embarrassed like Creed day in & out. Creed has become the redhead step-child since all these Wolverines started popping up. They already killed off Wild Child. lol Creed only seems a couple of points above him. He got brought back after the Romulus mess, and WC didn't.

From what little I've read of the pair in WX, it seemed pretty one sided. Sabretooth had a sly comment now and then but i think Monet played it straight for the most part..I didn't read it all so it might've not be unrequited. Quick question, who else has Monet been with in the 616, i really think Hickman's gonna ignore their relationship so you might as well prepare for runners up for that pairing.
    That's Weapon X, and I think everything -even the Sabretooth x Monet stuff should be ignored under Pak's writing. lol

BUT if we look over their stuff from Weapon X, things were iffy with both. But a list of things I saw.

1. Sabretooth apparently left Monet when she was possessed by Emplate. But he apologizes to her, apparently has regretted it, then tells her she was the only person who was good to him while everyone else thought he was faking at being a good guy.

2. When Monet is brainwashed into following Mentallo, she works for his cult under the impression that it's good & has unlocked her true potential. She gives away all her possession of Earthly value, and Mentallo asks what she wants to keep for herself. Monet says nothing, but she wants to share the gift with Sabretooth, and she lured him there just for that reason. When Sabretooth yells her he came to save her, she says she brought him there to save him. Now she's brainwashed into believe that cult's cause. But while under the influence of it being a gift and salvation, Sabretooth is the 1 person she chose to bring there & share with her..

3. Then there's the conversation at the prison where there's a giant heart behind them both.

4. When Azazel calls Creed a monster on his way to Hell, Monet seems to get very defensive, yelling to Azazel that Creed is a changed man.

5. Then when he died, Monet was the only one to have a reaction. lol
    Lost Lenore (2).jpg
    Then when he's gone at the end, Weapon X-Force is shown watching Graydon come back, and Monet is the only one to ask or care what happened to Sabretooth.

6. Then when Sabretooth is rallying the mutants to kill Stryker, Domino brings up how Warpath wouldn't appove (pft) and Sauron says he doesn't see Warpath around. Monet then places a hand on Creed's shoulder & agrees. Then when they walk off for the assault, Monet walks alongside him while staring (oddly lol)

Now in terms of them being in love, Bunn is the one who described them as such. Saying their love was tortuous. So he apparently was writing them as having serious mutual feelings for one another, but given all the crossover events and final cancellation, he didn't expand on it. Then Pak got it....and he pretty did the same thing Bunn did. Imply a lot & never elaborate. There's 2 rumors I have heard. Someone said Ed Brisson claimed he was gonna write Sabretooth in the future. Then BleedingCool says Pak is gonna write about Sabretooth later. If it's Pak, then the Monet relationship may come up. because if it doesn't, Monet being in WX was wasted. Why bring her back, hint at the ship again, then end it with no closure.

Far as their ship goes, it sank when Creed reverted. I just want one final isue of closure like Duggan gave RoguePool. After that, cool. I still don't want Creed x Mystique, but chances are I won't be reading him anyway. lol Depending on future info we get. I gave Rosenberg's WoR a show, and while it wasn't horrible it was even more bland than I thought. So I probably won't read WoR UXM 3.

Far as who else Monet has been with. Synch, Madrox, and Darwin. The latter two being one-night stands. Strong Guy had feelings for her, but it was one-sided on his end. A vision from Layla shows they could have become lovers or enemies. And the latter is what happened. But also Strong Guy had no soul by the time he made a move with Monet.

@WildR
    It's Rosenberg's idea that Creed wants a kingdom

Why lol, he could single handily take over Madripoor if he wanted, only major names there is Gorgon and The Hand, both which are jobbers now.
    Lord's sake i hope he won't take any orders from Emma, personalities conflict too much and with the way she treats Logan he has no chance lol
    He was ruling Madripoor with Mystique prior to Axis, but that also seems to be forgotten. Along with him being the Invisible King of Asia. Typical they forget his few villain accomplishments but can't forget his relationship with Mystique. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.

@Silver Fang
    Then there's the conversation at the prison where there's a giant heart behind them both.
    When Azazel calls Creed a monster on his way to Hell, Monet seems to get very defensive

lol this is a Marvel comic about the top veteran mercs in the MU and we have a big romcom heart drawn in the background.
    Talking about her rebuttals about Creed, i'd really like to see her reaction to him now, he was there when she was sucking people dry, he even put himself in harms way for her, you know the issue i'm not describing it in text anymore lol
    So i'd wonder if she'd do the same by either helping him reverted back or assisting him in he's terror.

I just want one final issue of closure

Hickman might be your next bet for Monet ,but i doubt he would do anything with CreedxMonet, he probably hasn't read anything Marvel published in the last 5 years, cocky bastard is adverting his story as one that can stand by Giant Sized and AoA in terms of impact and relevance.
    Monet making the cover might get her some development but i doubt it would do anything for her relationship with Creed. Since he's a fan he'll probably pair her with another prominent character in his run, maybe Cyke lol that would probably get on your nerves.

They already killed off Wild Child

lol he needs he's comeback, can't think of anything for him to do though, seriously for the people that think Creed is one dimensional, they haven't seen Wild Child.

He was ruling Madripoor with Mystique prior to Axis,

You mean she was with him being staff jk, remember that time Creed was Viper's slave dog, i can't remember the context for that but it just really stands out in memory. Has Creed ever been grinded into meat or anything like getting rolled over by a steamroller, i can't think of something that would really top the slave dog thing. It happened to The Thing in Hickman's FF book i think, really fucking weird.

Sorry that I forgot this history, I once read the story that he became the leader of The Hand in Wolverine's solo book.I think that's the period of time you and Silver Fang mentioned. But I lose my interests soon after finding Creed's crave to Logan was... uh... I remember he dropped a bomb to the ground easily after Logan pretended to stand on his side, then Logan beat him up in two pages. Is my memory correct?

Alright, I found it. It's the last issue of Wolverine's solo book. That volume published in 2014.
    And accurately, Logan defeat him in four pages, lol.
    Last edited by WildR; 05-23-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Sorry that I forgot this history, I once read the story that he became the leader of The Hand in Wolverine's solo book.I think that's the period of time you and Silver Fang mentioned. But I lose my interests soon after finding Creed's crave to Logan was... uh... I remember he dropped a bomb to the ground easily after Logan pretended to stand on his side, then Logan beat him up in two pages. Is my memory correct?

Alright, I found it. It's the last issue of Wolverine's solo book. That volume published in 2014.
    And accurately, Logan defeat him in four pages, lol.
    Yeah that's the one, to add to the burn i don't think he had a healing factor in that run lol

Brisson is building up DML for a finale with Creed and Logan

DEAD MAN LOGAN #10 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    TEN DEGREES OF EVISCERATION!
    Logan’s oldest foe is back from the shallow graves Logan put him in! And he aims to repay Logan in kind…
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

@WildR
    Are you reading DML, Creed appeared in it recently.

@Silver Fang
    lol this is a Marvel comic about the top veteran mercs in the MU and we have a big romcom heart drawn in the background.
    Talking about her rebuttals about Creed, i'd really like to see her reaction to him now, he was there when she was sucking people dry, he even put himself in harms way for her, you know the issue i'm not describing it in text anymore lol
    So i'd wonder if she'd do the same by either helping him reverted back or assisting him in he's terror.
    I could see the Buffy v.s. Angelus thing. She'd try to appeal to the better man she knew. When it becomes clear he's not the same man, they can throw down. I could see Creed retaining feelings for Monet, but in the end, his instincts & sadism are stronger.

Hickman might be your next bet for Monet ,but i doubt he would do anything with CreedxMonet, he probably hasn't read anything Marvel published in the last 5 years, cocky bastard is adverting his story as one that can stand by Giant Sized and AoA in terms of impact and relevance.
    Monet making the cover might get her some development but i doubt it would do anything for her relationship with Creed. Since he's a fan he'll probably pair her with another prominent character in his run, maybe Cyke lol that would probably get on your nerves.
    I'd be indifferent. Long as Monet is with someone who treats her well and doesn't make a fool of or degrade her character, then cool. Even if I'm not aboard the ship. Also, long as she's not with Logan. Now THAT is what would piss me off. Hinted to have something with Creed, he's gone now she's "trading up" with Logan. Ugh lol

It'd be like Buffy x Riley. He was a decent guy who was good to Buffy for the most part. So I was ok with the relationship, but I didn't ship it. My Buffy OTP was her & Angel. Then Spike was the one I hated because he did completely degrade her character. So if Monet finally finds herself another Synch, good for her. But chances are high i'm gonna be indifferent. I like her & Creed, so them together was a double-dose of nice. But them with other characters eh. But since Creed's only alternative has been Mystique so often, I fall in love with all his love interests that aren't her.

Hell, I'd rather see more of him x Momma.
    Momma.jpg
    Also I think this adds a bit of depth to him. He's been with her for years apparently. But despite being a little old lady, it hasn't killed his interest. lol

lol he needs he's comeback, can't think of anything for him to do though, seriously for the people that think Creed is one dimensional, they haven't seen Wild Child.
    I liked Creed's discription of him in X-Factor
    Ugly runt who doesn't have the guts to be me.
    lol

You mean she was with him being staff jk, remember that time Creed was Viper's slave dog, i can't remember the context for that but it just really stands out in memory. Has Creed ever been grinded into meat or anything like getting rolled over by a steamroller, i can't think of something that would really top the slave dog thing. It happened to The Thing in Hickman's FF book i think, really fucking weird.
    Well Creed was dropped into a fan by Magneto. But I am told that was a clone. I'd like to believe all jobbing meat-head Creeds are defective clones. lol

The Creed / Viper deal is one of the examples I used when I posted panels of Creed's d-list jobber status. lol I am only making a game of it.

Yeah that's the one, to add to the burn i don't think he had a healing factor in that run lol

Brisson is building up DML for a finale with Creed and Logan

DEAD MAN LOGAN #10 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    TEN DEGREES OF EVISCERATION!
    Logan’s oldest foe is back from the shallow graves Logan put him in! And he aims to repay Logan in kind…
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

@WildR
    Are you reading DML, Creed appeared in it recently.
    Yes, Brisson apparently took over Pak's settings for Wasteland's Creed. Although he appeared only in the last two pages in DML's #7 till now. (I don't konw whether you have read Pak's discription about Wasteland's Sabretooth.)
    Brisson's Iron Fist book featuring Sabretooth in 2017 is nice, Creed's intercation with Iron Fist is decent, not a jobber, and also not Pak's "I'm a good man now" style.
    But, that's Victor Creed in the Prime Universe and it was his post-AXIS description. We can't infer any idea form Brisson until more issues release.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Victor fans, don't know if any of you play or are familiar with Marvel Puzzle Quest, but the next character release (which should be Saturday-Sunday once the event is over) is Victor:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...est-sabretooth