Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I disagree with your post overall, but, in regards to the bold, I thought they had really good chemistry under Bunn. That's wholly subjective, of course.

In regards to the claim that they had no prior history, that doesn't really matter when talking about the kindling of a romantic relationship. Two people were put together through circumstance, and they developed a bond. That's how all relationships work, be it romantic, familial or cordial. You don't need to have a prior relationship with someone to develop a relationship with them in the present/future.
    And unlike Mystique, Creed being with Monet isn't convoluted.

Mystique has poisoned Creed, double-crossed him, tried to kill him, raped him & hid the fact he had a son which bit him in the ass. The idea he would just forgive & fall in love with her is laughable. He should hate her as much as Logan. In the 90's, he's tried to kill her on three occasions, and got pretty close two of those times. And it's shown he doesn't share ANY of Mystique's goals or beliefs on mutants. So if she's being written properly rather than the one-note psycho she's been turned into, she has no business with Creed. Even on a **** buddy basis. Especially in the 90's when she was clearly repulsed by him while trying to hook up with Forge.

But him & Monet falling for one another when they're on the same side, with similar goals for over 8 months I can get behind. Unlike with Mystique & Psylocke (the romance fans were theorizing when Bunn mentioned it for Creed), he doesn't have toxic history with Monet.

I will readily admit the way Creed x Monet got handled left A LOT to be desired. But it's still bertter than Marvel trying to constantly shove Creed x Mystique in our faces just to downplay & sell both characters short as the Chucky x Tiffany of Marvel. With Creed as the latter. lol.

But I say again, Cronet could've been handled MUCH better. Instead of Bunn having other characters point out the feelings these two had, maybe have THEM acknowledge said feelings. He says they were in love over a year after his run ended. Showing that with them would've been good. Show a kiss or something, rather than just teasing everything. He had opportunity for that. Then Pak did the same thing in Weapon X. Where it's teased, hinted, and toyed with that Creed & Monet had feelings for each other. But nothing clearly shown. The biggest showing was the giant heart behind them in the prison. That relationship stayed in neutral with a lot of teasing & insinuation, but no clear answers. And I do think that was flawed. If you're gonna hook characters up, do it. If you're not gonna hook them up, why bother with setting stuff up, implying things, getting fans fans invested only to delver nothing.

Again, I always say for all of what her role was, Monet didn't even need to be in Weapon X. Creed was her only reason to be involved with that team & that went nowhere. UNLESS that was something Pak had just enough time to re-establish & Hickman is gonna finish it off on an official note. It's a nice thought, but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.

The Panel we got for Hix-Monday.

This has a good few strikes already.
    1. Creed's outfit.
    2. Mystique is there. Typical the one shot of Creed we get, and he's with her.
    This is some new scene between them.
    4. Creed's getting his butt whooped. Again.

Looks like Hickman's era won't be any kinder to him. On the other hand, at least Monet has good chances.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-20-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Knew it lol
    The upcoming MCU X stuff will probably immortalise them as villains since Marvel will need to reintroduce everyone again, so will probably get at least another decade of them like this since the comics must copy the movies since imagining and creativity is blacklisted so they must copy big corporate product that makes money.

He said he likes AoA though, i liked that Creed.
    By the way is the AoA Creed dead lol, i swear he was in that 2018 Exiles run for a bit?

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

1. Creed's outfit.
    This is some new scene between them. So they may be partners again.

Looks like Hickman's era won't be any kinder to him. On the other hand, at least Monet has good chances.
    Is that Toad? The one Brotherhood member who never really got any respect (and was ignored by Nate’s......recruitment)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Knew it lol
    The upcoming MCU X stuff will probably immortalise them as villains since Marvel will need to reintroduce everyone again, so will probably get at least another decade of them like this since the comics must copy the movies since imagining and creativity is blacklisted so they must copy big corporate product that makes money.

He said he likes AoA though, i liked that Creed.
    By the way is the AoA Creed dead lol, i swear he was in that 2018 Exiles run for a bit?
    AoA Creed hasn't been dead for ages, far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Is that Toad? The one Brotherhood member who never really got any respect (and was ignored by Nate’s......recruitment)
    I think it's supposed to be. Either way, he's still doing better than Creed. lol Who didn't even make Scott's hit-list that Mojo was somehow on.

Comic Geek in General

AoA Creed hasn't been dead for ages, far as I know.

I think it's supposed to be. Either way, he's still doing better than Creed. lol Who didn't even make Scott's hit-list that Mojo was somehow on.

Creed has had a rough couple decades, since getting schooled by Kitty Pryde, Jean (twice), Wolverine, Probably Deadpool once or twice (when he wasn’t showing up Bullseye or confounding Taskmaster or getting under Osborn’s skin)

lol the wikia has him listed dead since 2013
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victor_Creed_(Earth-295)
    Don't think anyone has been updating his page, also his strength is somehow higher than the 616 one.

lol the wikia has him listed dead since 2013
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victor_Creed_(Earth-295)
    Don't think anyone has been updating his page, also his strength is somehow higher than the 616 one.
    Some pages don't get updated. Mystique's page doesn't have anything post Wolverines. And 616 Creed strength is completely wrong since it's listed as peak human when Wolverine & Deadpool had a 4 Super-human. So according to the wiki stats, Creed is physically weaker than Logan & Deadpool. Then again, what else is new.

Of course on the Marvel site, Creed's strength is a 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Creed has had a rough couple decades, since getting schooled by Kitty Pryde, Jean (twice), Wolverine, Probably Deadpool once or twice (when he wasn’t showing up Bullseye or confounding Taskmaster or getting under Osborn’s skin)
    You can put X-23 on that list
    Deadpool somehow managed to hold his own against Sabretooth, Omega Red, Domino, Lady Deathstrike and Monet a while back lol

Some pages don't get updated. Mystique's page doesn't have anything post Wolverines. And 616 Creed strength is completely wrong since it's listed as peak human when Wolverine & Deadpool had a 4 Super-human. So according to the wiki stats, Creed is physically weaker than Logan & Deadpool. Then again, what else is new.

Of course on the Marvel site, Creed's strength is a 4.
    Wolverine barely cuts into the superhuman 2 to 10 tonner range while Sabretooth should be in there comfortably, not sure about Deadpool.
    All of them should have at the very least 3 speed lol, they've all moved FTE on multiple occasions.

'Either way, he's still doing better than Creed. lol Who didn't even make Scott's hit-list that Mojo was somehow on.'

He also has the one up on relationships too lol plus didn't he get a power buff recently too, albeit a stupid one, but one nonetheless.

Wolverine barely cuts into the superhuman 2 to 10 tonner range while Sabretooth should be in there comfortably, not sure about Deadpool.
    All of them should have at the very least 3 speed lol, they've all moved FTE on multiple occasions.

'Either way, he's still doing better than Creed. lol Who didn't even make Scott's hit-list that Mojo was somehow on.'

He also has the one up on relationships too lol plus didn't he get a power buff recently too, albeit a stupid one, but one nonetheless.
    Yeah. Mojo at least got to date a nice girl. Creed will get more of this.

If they just want a jobbing moron, they need to just use Glob or Blob.

1. Creed's outfit.
    This is some new scene between them.

That's a really nice drawing and Sabretooth's costume is really similar to his most recent Weapon X-Force costume. I'm curious about what's the mission of this new team he's part of.

@Silver Fang
    She's long overdue being put through the wringer a couple of times.

@Hush
    Probably to be a shooting gallery for the new kids, Creed is an excellant choice for that since he doesn't die and his fanbase is too small to be heard, so its all cloak-and-dagger with no repercussions.

Comic Geek in General

@Silver Fang

@Hush
    Probably to be a shooting gallery for the new kids, Creed is an excellant choice for that since he doesn't die and his fanbase is too small to be heard, so its all cloak-and-dagger with no repercussions.
    Yeah......Creed has been known to soak up damage.....

@Silver Fang
    True. But not happening. She's too popular & the women never get abused like the men.