Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Why do people not like seeing Sabretooth in fur? I actually think it makes him look kinda cool.
    For me, I think it looks over-the-top & corny. Like underwear on the outside. lol

I have preferred all of Creed's simple costumes with no fur. This one for example.
    2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    For me, I think it looks over-the-top & corny. Like underwear on the outside. lol

I have preferred all of Creed's simple costumes with no fur. This one for example.
    2.jpg
    Fair enough. While I don't mind the look above, I always felt like it was missing something. His design looks incomplete and instead of seeing Sabretooth I see angry white guy who needs a manicure. I also think he works better with longer hair. It helps add to his sense of savagery/wildness to me.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Fair enough. While I don't mind the look above, I always felt like it was missing something. His design looks incomplete and instead of seeing Sabretooth I see angry white guy who needs a manicure. I also think he works better with longer hair. It helps add to his sense of savagery/wildness to me.
    I wouldn't mind longer hair, but 90% of the time, that comes with a severe lowing of his IQ, and he's just a big dumb oaf like Tyler Mane's version.

Just me, but I prefer Sabretooth simple & slight civilized-looking with some feral qualities. Makes him more diverse. Like Weapon X by Tierri where he could be savage, but also put on some suits and conduct some business deals.
    Amiko.jpg
    14.jpg
    17.jpg
    It just makes him scarier than snarling animal.

Looks like he's going back into the Brotherhood of bollocks again, not interested if they're gonna set him to his factory default, wish Creed would've gotten the Dr Octo treatment, the inversion was along those lines but they just had him hanging limbo for most of it and when we finally get some development on it, its by a **** writer like Soule or Pak.

I hope this isn't any kind of team. So much as just showings of the characters who have some form of play. Because I am TIRED of Creed being around Mystique. lol

Of course, Graydon was brought back, who's a product of them both. So that's hard to ignore. I will forever hate Lobdell for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I hope this isn't any kind of team. So much as just showings of the characters who have some form of play. Because I am TIRED of Creed being around Mystique. lol

Of course, Graydon was brought back, who's a product of them both. So that's hard to ignore. I will forever hate Lobdell for this.
    When and how?
    They better not bring Daken back too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    When and how?
    They better not bring Daken back too
    Ah, missed out on Weapon X huh? Creed finds him in Hell, wants to bring him back home, and eventually sacrifices himself to do so.

graydon 2.jpg
    graydon 3.jpg

Yeah i got sick of it towards the end and just skimmed it to the point where Creed was running off on all fours into the wild.
    Gotta give it to Pak for keeping Mystique somewhat in character, her not giving a **** was interesting, but ending on that cliched over used Sabretooth quote caused Pak to go back to zero.

Yeah. Nothing great. I was gonna drop the book entirely when Mystique came on board. But then Pak brought in Monet, and that had me stick around. But for all of what he did with her, any Monet fan could pass & miss nothing. lol

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm interested to see if Sabretooth actually has a role to play in HOX or if he's just cover decoration. Dunno what to expect there.

As for Weapon X(-Force), the book got far, FAR better once Old Man Logan left, but it was never great. I grew to like the new costumes (even their garish color scheme), and while it wasn't surprising that they undid his inversion at the end of the series, it's still a little disappointing. There was so much potential between him and Monet that I wish had been explored.

Oh well, such is the life of a Sabretooth fan.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The book was tolerable with Mary Sue Logan gone, but yeah. Still not great.

I am definitely bummed about his relationship with Monet since that'd be his most meaningful relationship since Bonnie in Mary Shelley Overdrive. And if Bunn's comment is taken seriously, then Creed would be the first man Monet had serious feelings for since Synch. And the fact that it is Creed who would've been her second love & man she had an actual relationship with would've been damn interesting. Given his history, how does it effect her reputation? How does it effect her as an X-Man. How much would she eventually open up to him? Phalanx Covenant could've come up. Sabretooth did save her sisters & her first love. Then you have to factor in Mystique, who Bunn agreed was not gonna get along with Monet & that she wasn't on good terms with Creed.

They have a good few similarities, but room for plenty of drama given who they both are, and the demons they have to battle. That was one of the new relationships that was cut way too short. Again, all I can hope for is that it's addressed & gets closure somewhere. It can at least have that. And maybe Hickman will deliver since they're both on covers for PoX and HoX. It's a slim to none chance, but I can dream. Especially when it's all you have as a Creed fan.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-16-2019 at 10:26 PM.

I shudder to think of the crap Rosenberg will do to Creed in his War of the Realms tie-in. It looks like it's only one issue, but I'm not expecting good things.

Fantastic Member

I hope they don't acknowledge that whole thing with Monet at all I think it was a pretty pitiful attempt by Bunn to put good guy Vic with someone that wasn't Mystique. I felt they had zero chemistry no prior history at all and under normal circumstances they wouldn't have gone for one another. I hope they make it where is hellish Uninversion wiped his memory and he was no memory of his time as a good guy and thus will have no lingering attraction to Monet. Or perhaps he does remember but is DEEPLY resentful of being made to go against his "true nature" playing the hero saving those he ordinarily wouldn't give to shits about.
    Last edited by Dizzystarr; 05-15-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I shudder to think of the crap Rosenberg will do to Creed in his War of the Realms tie-in. It looks like it's only one issue, but I'm not expecting good things.
    Yeah. Rosenbverg didn't make his plans for Creed sound good. He just says Creed is bad again. Being good didn't work out well for him. He's back to doing what he does best -being bad. And given all the jobbing, he's not even good at that. lol

And Chris Robinson made his thoughts about Creed very clear when he used Creed as an example for villains who are only threats to one hero and a non-issue to all the others. This is gonna last 2 issues actually. He's in WoR Uncanny 2. Then the solicits for WoR Uncanny 3 mention him as well.

But Rosenberg had Creed before in Phoenix Resurrection, and he didn't do well.

So again, I hope Hickman can do something of note with him. And finally tie up his thread with Monet before they possibly go throwing him back to Mystique to be a love-sick puppy she kicks around and uses to her own convenience. Typical the only woman Creed gets to have is a snake like Raven who was willing to get him killed to revive Destiny. Shows how much she cares. She's another thing that's ruined him over the last decade.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-15-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I hope they don't acknowledge that whole thing with Monet at all I think it was a pretty pitiful attempt by Bunn to put good guy Vic with someone that wasn't Mystique. I felt they had zero chemistry no prior history at all and under normal circumstances they wouldn't have gone for one another. I hope they make it where is hellish Uninversion wiped his memory and he was no memory of his time as a good guy and thus will have no lingering attraction to Monet. Or perhaps he does remember but is DEEPLY resentful of being made to go against his "true nature" playing the hero saving those he ordinarily wouldn't give to shits about.
    I disagree with your post overall, but, in regards to the bold, I thought they had really good chemistry under Bunn. That's wholly subjective, of course.

In regards to the claim that they had no prior history, that doesn't really matter when talking about the kindling of a romantic relationship. Two people were put together through circumstance, and they developed a bond. That's how all relationships work, be it romantic, familial or cordial. You don't need to have a prior relationship with someone to develop a relationship with them in the present/future.