Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Yes, Brisson apparently took over Pak's settings for Wasteland's Creed. Although he appeared only in the last two pages in DML's #7 till now. (I don't konw whether you have read Pak's discription about Wasteland's Sabretooth.)
    Brisson's Iron Fist book featuring Sabretooth in 2017 is nice, Creed's intercation with Iron Fist is decent, not a jobber, and also not Pak's "I'm a good man now" style.
    But, that's Victor Creed in the Prime Universe and it was his post-AXIS description. We can't infer any idea form Brisson until more issues release.
    Since we have plenty of issues left, it'd be nice if Brisson went into how Creed survived the ordeal, like who stitched him back together unless he somehow did it himself lol wonder if it was The Reaver's since he has a cyborg arm now and they are known for grave robbing and other shady resurrection type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Victor fans, don't know if any of you play or are familiar with Marvel Puzzle Quest, but the next character release (which should be Saturday-Sunday once the event is over) is Victor:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...est-sabretooth
    That's cool, i don't play Puzzle Quest but I have him in Future Fight though, a pretty good character, like him to get a new outfit in the next update as we gotta prepare for Jean's unrighteous decendance lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post

@Hush
    Probably to be a shooting gallery for the new kids, Creed is an excellant choice for that since he doesn't die and his fanbase is too small to be heard, so its all cloak-and-dagger with no repercussions.
    I would be disappointed if that happen.

I just read the WOTR Uncanny X-Men #2 issue, the issue itself wasn't that great in my opinion but for now Creed's characterization is "okay", I mean it's not horrible but it's not something really impressive either lol. The fight with Rahne has been a long time coming though (since Dream's end to be exact).

Also Creed appeared in Marvel Comics Presents #5 during the Chris Claremont's story:

spoilers:
    It was an alternate version of him (but really similar to the classic Sabretooth) and he was damn amazing in this story. A force of nature almost unstoppable and really scary. Funnily enough, Creed is the one who destroyed the Berlin's Wall in this reality lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I would be disappointed if that happen.

I just read the WOTR Uncanny X-Men #2 issue, the issue itself wasn't that great in my opinion but for now Creed's characterization is "okay", I mean it's not horrible but it's not something really impressive either lol. The fight with Rahne has been a long time coming though (since Dream's end to be exact).

Also Creed appeared in Marvel Comics Presents #5 during the Chris Claremont's story:

spoilers:
    It was an alternate version of him (but really similar to the classic Sabretooth) and he was damn amazing in this story. A force of nature almost unstoppable and really scary. Funnily enough, Creed is the one who destroyed the Berlin's Wall in this reality lol.
    end of spoilers
    Was the Sabretooth stuff the story that started off with Irene?
    Didn't know Claremont was involved!

EDIT

Just read it and it was great, the accents and dialect was a refreshing addition that needs to come back to characters like Creed and Logan, only ever see it in Southern or UK characters, in particular Northerners.
    Makes me look forward to the one shot coming up next month.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 05-25-2019 at 08:30 PM.

I just read X-Factor's issues invloved Sabretooth in the 90s, that's really a good portrait of him, as a villain and also a slave forced to serve X-heros, struggling for revenge.
    Also read Sabretooth: Back to Nature, which took place in the same period. The art is just so damn great, and I love the ineraction bettwen Creed and Wildchild.

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    I just read X-Factor's issues invloved Sabretooth in the 90s, that's really a good portrait of him, as a villain and also a slave forced to serve X-heros, struggling for revenge.
    Also read Sabretooth: Back to Nature, which took place in the same period. The art is just so damn great, and I love the ineraction bettwen Creed and Wildchild.
    Lol luckily the slavery bullshit has been shifted to Rachel for now, Creed has had he's fill of it too often.

So a question for everyone here
    What would Creed be like if he stayed as Iron Fist's rogue, rarely interacting with Logan, with the occasional X-Men confrontation from time to time?

I for one would feel that he'd get better showings, but at the cost of a lot less panel time.
    Since he won't be tethered to Logan he could have more sets of books running for longer with less overlap from Logan due to him being more separate from X related stuff.

As for relationships with Iron Fist characters, considering he's gonna be a villain under his imprint of books. I'd feel he'd be a bit overpowered when compared to the likes of Misty or Colleen but since he's a villain he'll likely job a bit, for him to job against the likes of those two though...

Almost as bad as Mystique, at least she has the century+ experience and slight superhuman stats when compared to the pair.

Maybe he'll fare better under someone like Blade, always felt that he was underappreciated , still remember that time he was a delivery boy for Riri Williams, he got one page and disappeared for a few months.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 05-28-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Lol luckily the slavery bullshit has been shifted to Rachel for now, Creed has had he's fill of it too often.

What would Creed be like if he stayed as Iron Fist's rogue, rarely interacting with Logan, with the occasional X-Men confrontation from time to time?

I for one would feel that he'd get better showings, but at the cost of a lot less panel time.
    Since he won't be tethered to Logan he could have more sets of books running for longer with less overlap from Logan due to him being more separate from X related stuff.

As for relationships with Iron Fist characters, considering he's gonna be a villain under his imprint of books. I'd feel he'd be a bit overpowered when compared to the likes of Misty or Colleen but since he's a villain he'll likely job a bit, for him to job against the likes of those two though...

Almost as bad as Mystique, at least she has the century+ experience and slight superhuman stats when compared to the pair.

Maybe he'll fare better under someone like Blade, always felt that he was underappreciated , still remember that time he was a delivery boy for Riri Williams, he got one page and disappeared for a few months.
    I don't know if he would have got much love as a regular rogue for Iron Fist. I don't think he has ever won against him, while at least with Logan he got some cool victories and had the chance of getting Chris Claremont amazing writing' skills (even in certain moments when Chris wasn't exactly in his prime). Under Claremont he had some poor moments, sure, but when he wanted to make Creed a threat, he didn't spare any resource. Personally, I discovered Sabretooth thanks to X-Men I & later the Wolverine's comics (where I started to really like him), so I'm a fan of the dynamic Logan/Creed that sadly has been poorly used in the last decades
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I don't know if he would have got much love as a regular rogue for Iron Fist. I don't think he has ever won against him, while at least with Logan he got some cool victories and had the chance of getting Chris Claremont amazing writing' skills (even in certain moments when Chris wasn't exactly in his prime). Under Claremont he had some poor moments, sure, but when he wanted to make Creed a threat, he didn't spare any resource. Personally, I discovered Sabretooth thanks to X-Men I & later the Wolverine's comics (where I started to really like him), so I'm a fan of the dynamic Logan/Creed that sadly has been poorly used in the last decades
    As for Creed beating IF in a fight, i don't know lol stats wise Creed should be hanging with him but he's been taken out by a lot worse.
    Maybe taking Brisson's approach by having co-star in a buddy cop sort of way could be better instead of him being a rogue then.

Potential for plenty of funny moments between the two, Creed's more violent nature can work well with Danny's stoicism. Then again isn't that just Power Man and Iron Fist all over again. Well i think a rehash of that would be better than what Hickman has in line for him.

Talking about Creed and Logan, where else can they go with that?
    I reckon Logan losing his memories could free up the characters actually, but for some reason Hickman wants him back in the Brotherhood, he'll likely come across Logan and we'll have our repeat of Creed's more modern take again.

But as they're holstering Hickman run as the end all be all, standing above giant sized, i'm holding him to revitalise all the characters his writing giving us we've never seen before.

Lol Marvel's dug themselves in a hole with all that hype.

As for Creed beating IF in a fight, i don't know lol stats wise Creed should be hanging with him but he's been taken out by a lot worse.
    Maybe taking Brisson's approach by having co-star in a buddy cop sort of way could be better instead of him being a rogue then.

Potential for plenty of funny moments between the two, Creed's more violent nature can work well with Danny's stoicism. Then again isn't that just Power Man and Iron Fist all over again. Well i think a rehash of that would be better than what Hickman has in line for him.
    I'm longing for Creed's another featuring in IF book too, and there'll be much more fun if he meet Constrictor Jr. again, lol.
    Like many people say, X-villains' or X-anti-heros' appearances in non-X-books are often decent. I heard Emma Frost did great job in JJ's solo book.

Was the Sabretooth stuff the story that started off with Irene?
    Didn't know Claremont was involved!

EDIT

Just read it and it was great, the accents and dialect was a refreshing addition that needs to come back to characters like Creed and Logan, only ever see it in Southern or UK characters, in particular Northerners.
    Makes me look forward to the one shot coming up next month.
    Sorry for the late reply but yeah that was the Irene story, glad you enjoyed this story! That's true about the accents, although I have to admit that some of them were exaggerated during the 90s and as result it was annoying after a while for me lol.

Can't wait for the Exit Wounds one shot!

Sabretooth (as one of the immortal weapons) fighting against Iron Fist during the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities would have been so much fun!

Sorry for the late reply but yeah that was the Irene story, glad you enjoyed this story! That's true about the accents, although I have to admit that some of them were exaggerated during the 90s and as result it was annoying after a while for me lol.

Can't wait for the Exit Wounds one shot!

Sabretooth (as one of the immortal weapons) fighting against Iron Fist during the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities would have been so much fun!
    lol no rush, the posts here are set in stone, got till this website burns to read them.
    Yeah i'm really into the accents, it just shows that a writer puts some time and research into the character.
    The Exit wounds one shot is set around Wolverine's and Shadowcat whole sidekick affair, so everyone should be top notch!

'Sabretooth (as one of the immortal weapons) fighting against Iron Fist during the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities would have been so much fun!'

Yeah that'd be a blast, it won't be something Danny would just get off easy with a single hit.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well we got more Sabretooth in Dead Man Logan.

spoilers:
    We find out he's working for someone to track down OML, but we don't know who. We just see him call someone to report in. He interrogates more citizens, including the cannibals from previous issue who claim to not know where Logan is. Victor doesn't believe them & they argue if they knew, they'd be going after him too since they're hungry. Creed is surprised that really are cannibals but he doesn't judge them. He says in life, you do what you can to get by, and they should eat whoever they want and let nobody tell them different. lol The cannibal insists he doesn't know where Logan is, but Creed thinks they're keeping quiet because they wanna get Logan back & feed on of him. He asks a henchman to bring him one of the cannibals, and Creed takes a huge bite out of his throat, killing him. He says the guy was too gamey, and threatens to keep going before the guy begs him to stop. He'll talk.

We cut away to OML, and when we cut back to Creed all the cannibals are dead, and a henchman is pouring gasoline on them and lighting the bodies on fire while Creed speaks to his boss about Logan.
    end of spoilers

DML 8
    spoilers:
    Yeah it was okay, Brisson has to pick up the pace though, placing bets on The Reavers being involved in this.
    With only 4 issues left i can't really see this finishing up without being rushed, first half of series was pretty pointless if you think about it, the 616 and Wastelands parts feel really disjointed, almost like 2 separate arcs. I think the DML book was meant to be part of the OML 50+ run but got cut short so Brisson made his OML 50-62 run, DML instead to get a number 1 sales bump.
    end of spoilers

<spoiler> gag </spoiler>

spoilers:
    gaa
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-05-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well we got more Sabretooth in Dead Man Logan.

spoilers:
    We find out he's working for someone to track down OML, but we don't know who. We just see him call someone to report in. He interrogates more citizens, including the cannibals from previous issue who claim to not know where Logan is. Victor doesn't believe them & they argue if they knew, they'd be going after him too since they're hungry. Creed is surprised that really are cannibals but he doesn't judge them. He says in life, you do what you can to get by, and they should eat whoever they want and let nobody tell them different. lol The cannibal insists he doesn't know where Logan is, but Creed thinks they're keeping quiet because they wanna get Logan back & feed on of him. He asks a henchman to bring him one of the cannibals, and Creed takes a huge bite out of his throat, killing him. He says the guy was too gamey, and threatens to keep going before the guy begs him to stop. He'll talk.

We cut away to OML, and when we cut back to Creed all the cannibals are dead, and a henchman is pouring gasoline on them and lighting the bodies on fire while Creed speaks to his boss about Logan.
    end of spoilers
    Sabretooth was great in this issue.

spoilers:
    I wonder who is his boss and if this is the same person that patched him up and gave him his new "claw".
    end of spoilers

Marvel should let Brisson write a Sabretooth mini!

DML 8
    spoilers:
    Yeah it was okay, Brisson has to pick up the pace though, placing bets on The Reavers being involved in this.
    With only 4 issues left i can't really see this finishing up without being rushed, first half of series was pretty pointless if you think about it, the 616 and Wastelands parts feel really disjointed, almost like 2 separate arcs. I think the DML book was meant to be part of the OML 50+ run but got cut short so Brisson made his OML 50-62 run, DML instead to get a number 1 sales bump.
    end of spoilers

<spoiler> gag </spoiler>

spoilers:
    gaa
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The reavers would make sense for sure.
    end of spoilers

I agree, the pacing is my only fear right now, the Mysterio plot could have been condensed in 3 issues easily and should have been dealt during the Old Man Logan series before the Maestro fight in my opinion, they could have ended the OML series with him meeting the classic Wolverine and going back to the Wastelands before launching the Dead Man Logan series set in the Wastelands.

I hope Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike and Sabretooth will team up again before the end of this series, if the Old Man has to die, let him fight his greatest foes one last time

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Sabretooth was great in this issue.

spoilers:
    I wonder who is his boss and if this is the same person that patched him up and gave him his new "claw".
    end of spoilers

Marvel should let Brisson write a Sabretooth mini!
    Agreed. I'd love Brisson to write Creed. He did great with the Inverted version. But the evil version could be close to Tierr's Creed. lol

Though Tierri could sometimes get carried away. I haven't read his Weapon X in a while. But I was chatting with someone on twitter who noted that Tierri wrote a scene where Creed was suspected in the kidnapping & rape of a minor. That's pushing it a bit. I prefer Creed who stated twice to not care for underage girls.

On another note, Creed makes the cover for POX #4

Not crazy about the art on him here, but I notice Mystique & Toad seem to be missing. Despite Creed getting flambeed somewhere, we're still seeing him whereas they disappeared.

Maybe she got killed! Wishful thinking though. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.