Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    DZS

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. I keep saying if Sabretooth was as stupid as some writers depict him, he'd have been killed before he was 20, let alone surviving for 151 years. Then again, his Healing Factor gets played up, so it comes off like the only reason he's survived is just because he can't ever be killed., rather than because he had any skills or intelligence.

Hard to judge how he'll come off in Black Widow. I can say I don't care for the design. Because in addition to looking like a sloppy caveman, I don't like when he's drawn as Fugly. Especially with the 2 girls hanging on to him. Again, if Creed's consensually involved with hot woman,he doesn't need to be that ugly. lol I get bored with the ugly guy x hot girl trope -as it came up with Psylocke x Blob.

And it's a pattern to get the ugliest versions of him when he's paired with a nice looking woman. ike Bunncanny. If he's being teased for a romance with Monet of all people, he has no business looking like this.
    Attachment 78811
    EWWW!!
    Depends on what your definition of beauty is as far as design goes.

I'm beginning to really think if bringing Logan back was a big mistake since all the character developments that happened with the wolvie family and his rogues gallery that actually made them finally interesting....got flushed down the toilet. Especially for Victor.

It really makes you think if the old 'Superheroes never die in comics' philosophy is beginning to cripple creativity and overall growth in the big leagues and more or less used as a crutch for lazy writing and to freeze character growth. If it's getting to the point that characters being brought back for the sake of popularity and profit rather than the importance to the story and to improve other characters' growth than I think that old saying needs to die.

Especially if character revival comes with cheap power-ups and regresses characters back to square 1 and doesn't have anything significant to offer besides 'Look at me!! I'm back and got a cool power up!!'

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Preaching to the choir on Creed's regression for the sake of Wolverine.

But people called it some years back that his inversion would only last while Logan was gone, and was he came back, Vic's good guy arc would be finished.

Wolverine's gotta have his main punching bag back. So it was inevitable. Would've been better to leave Sabretooth alone, and bring in a new arch foe for Wolverine. Someone who could actually pose a threat, seeing as Creed hasn't in years. Really there was signs of his Wolverine jobbing in a good bit of the 90's.

Preaching to the choir on Creed's regression for the sake of Wolverine.

But people called it some years back that his inversion would only last while Logan was gone, and was he came back, Vic's good guy arc would be finished.

Wolverine's gotta have his main punching bag back. So it was inevitable. Would've been better to leave Sabretooth alone, and bring in a new arch foe for Wolverine. Someone who could actually pose a threat, seeing as Creed hasn't in years. Really there was signs of his Wolverine jobbing in a good bit of the 90's.
    Sabretooth losing to Logan is not jobbing, regardless of Claremont intentions his version of the character never came to be, hell CC has Logan one shoting him and tossing him away like garbage in the 80s. The problem is that at some point he lost street creed among writers and no one writes him as a threat anymore for some reason. Still only Bunn did something good with InvertedCreed, so is not like he was a lot better with Logan death

Ok, there was also Duggan and Brisson, two of the best Wolverine writers ironically, but again, they would have done it justice regardless of his inverted state
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-25-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Sabretooth losing to Logan is not jobbing, regardless of Claremont intentions his version of the character never came to be, hell CC has Logan one shoting him and tossing him away like garbage in the 80s. The problem is that at some point he lost street creed among writers and no one writes him as a threat anymore for some reason. Still only Bunn did something good with InvertedCreed, so is not like he was a lot better with Logan death
    Creed's issue post inversion was too many revamps & not staying with one writer.

* Remender had plans for him. But Secret Wars happened. So much for that.
    * Duggan gave him a good guest role in DP.
    * Brisson did wonderfully in Iron Fist for the short time he had him & said he wanted to write him again,
    * Finally Bunn had great ideas, and had Creed snatched from him.

Then he was given to Pak, and thrown in a book with Mary Sue Logan, and naturally he has to look like even more of a pu**y when he's around a Wolverine.

The inversion had tons of wasted potential, and Creed was more interesting with Duggan, Brisson, Remender, and Bunn than he has been anywhere else in the last 16 years. lol And it's sad the final note he went out on was with Pak of all people.

Sabretooth was better off inverted & staying with Bunn or Brisson. But again, good writers who actually wanna do something with Creed never have him long. It's like the X-Office says

"Uh oh, Sabretooth is getting good. Give him to a writer to knock down some pegs."

So back to the grind of being a loser D-List Villain of the Week. Yippie. I suppose that's what most want, so the contrary minority just have to deal with it, and re-read his better stuff from the 90's & the good inversion stories he had before Pak ruined it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Creed's issue post inversion was too many revamps & not staying with one writer.

Remender had plans for him. But Secret Wars happened. So much for that.
    Duggan gave him a good guest role in DP.
    Brisson did wonderfully in Iron Fist for the short time he had him,
    Finally Bunn had great ideas, and had Creed snatched from him.

Then he was given to Pak, and thrown in a book with Mary Sue Logan, and naturally he has to look like a pu**y even more when he's around a Wolverine.

The inversion had tons of wasted potential, and Creed was more interesting with Duggan, Brisson, Remender, and Bunn than he has been anywhere else in the last 16 years. lol And it's sad the final note he went out on was with Pak of all people.

Sabretooth was better off inverted & staying with Bunn or Brisson. But again, good writers who actually wanna do something with Creed never have him long. It's like the X-Office says

"OUh oh, Sabretooth is getting development & may become popular. Give him to a writer to knock down some pegs."

SO back to the grind of being a loser D-List Villain of the Week. Yippie. I suppose that's what most want, so the contrary minority just have to deal with it.
    It was a chaotic time in general, a lot of Post-Secret Wars stuff in the X-Men is pretty crappy in general, honestly i didn't find Logan in Weapon X mary sueish, just a bore, also why he and Creed keep treating each other like they are the same people that they used to know lol

I know about CC plans, but the case is, he never did it, so his Sabretooth, as cool as it sounded, never really existed, wich is a shame, he has an interesting going with his parentage.

InvertedCreed was an interesting idea and maybe Duggan or Brisson could still use some of that in a future arc, but honestly i never supported the idea of him going full hero

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was a chaotic time in general, a lot of Post-Secret Wars stuff in the X-Men is pretty crappy in general, honestly i didn't find Logan in Weapon X mary sueish, just a bore, also why he and Creed keep treating each other like they are the same people that they used to know lol

I know about CC plans, but the case is, he never did it, so his Sabretooth, as cool as it sounded, never really existed, wich is a shame, he has an interesting going with his parentage.

Well Van Lente tried to bring it back around he he writes the flashback issue where it's stated Logan never defeated Sabretooth prior to joining the X-Men.
    23.jpg
    InvertedCreed was an interesting idea and maybe Duggan or Brisson could still use some of that in a future arc, but honestly i never supported the idea of him going full hero
    Even though he did great with Invert Creed, Duggan & Bunn use Creed as the joke when he's a villain. Duggan just wrote a random scene where Sabretooth wants to ambush DP, but then seeing him beating up someone and goes the other way.

Bunn had Magneto casually dropping Sabretooth into a grinder to be sliced to pieces while blood splatters everywhere.

If he's a villain, very few are going to do more with him than use him as Wile-E-Coyote. Especially Rosenberg who already made a joke out of him in Phoenix Resurrection. He's Pak 2.0

I find myself looking forward to more tidbits from Bunn on what he had planned for Sabretooth. Reading his Sabretooth trivia is more entertaining than any books Sabretooth has been in in the last year. Or will be in so far. lol

Let Sabretooth be the Angel to Monet's Buffy & Mystique's Darla, who Sabretooth kills just like Angel did Darla in favor of his new love Buffy / Monet.

Ahh wishful thinking. But fun considering Bunn said Creed & Mystique weren't on good terms and he had a torturous love with Monet. Everything was right with the world then,. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-25-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Even though he did great with Invert Creed, Duggan & Bunn use Creed as the joke when he's a villain. Duggan just wrote a random scene where Sabretooth wants to ambush DP, but then seeing him beating up someone and goes the other way.

Bunn had Magneto casually dropping Sabretooth into a grinder to be sliced to pieces while blood splatters everywhere.

If he's a villain, very few are going to do more with him than use him as Wile-E-Coyote. Especially Rosenberg who already made a joke out of him in Phoenix Resurrection. He's Pak 2.0

I find myself looking forward to more tidbits from Bunn on what he had planned for Sabretooth. Reading his Sabretooth trivia is more entertaining than any books Sabretooth has been in in the last year. Or will be in so far. lol

Let Sabretooth be the Angel to Monet's Buffy & Mystique's Darla, who Sabretooth kills just like Angel did Darla in favor of his new love Buffy / Monet.

Ahh wishful thinking. But fun considering Bunn said Creed & Mystique weren't on good terms and he had a torturous love with Monet. Everything was right with the world then,. lol
    I applaud his attempt, shame that it didn't last, Creed just recognized that Wade needed some me time, he is can considerate sometimes you know

Well, Magneto is way above Creed class and Logan for that matter, so that doesn't really bother me, still that's more for the fact he has a healling factor and you can go far with the dark comedy with then, Logan was used in the same way during Bendis Avengers for example and in some X-Books, is kind of the curse if you have a characther with healling factor in a team book, sooner or later comedy ensues. I still remember how Logan got balls shooted by The Hood (Bendis pet at the time)

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Where do you folks want Sabes to turn up next and should he go back to being a horrendous cannibal and everything or a bit more grey and possible anti hero sort?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Where do you folks want Sabes to turn up next and should he go back to being a horrendous cannibal and everything or a bit more grey and possible anti hero sort?
    Less Carnage, more Venom

please
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    He should be a nasty piece of work, but with some standards, no canibalism or rape involved. Just a smart bastard that takes what he wants wherever he wants because in his head migth makes rigth, after his time as a "hero" that could be used to do some interesting characther exploration, maybe showing a change of his methods or something among those lines, kind of lile Priest Deathstroke.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'd like to see him well-written. But I know that's not happening, so I don't really have much investment on where he shows up next, because I've sworn off him for now like I have with Deadpool after Bunn & Duggan left him. All the good stuff, far as my taste goes, is in older stories. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Now that Wolverine is back and Sabretooth is going to revert to a villain, I wish writers give Creed control over some faction of The Hand again or make him a serious crimelord, maybe have him back as a mercenary with some heavy black ops skills, and most important, make him Logan's superior physically. No fun in seeing a hero surpassing his enemy in every aspect

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Wolverine is Marvel's biggest name & character. He's like Batman for DC. So he's got to be the better one.

I hate it, but I ranted enough on it. At the end of the day, Wolverine is the A-lister & has a HUGE fanbase. Neither of those apply to Creed. lol Otherwise, he would be treated more seriously.

Sabretooth is not supposed to be better than Wolverine. Least not anymore. He's supposed to be the loser that Wolverine always outdoes -a second-rate wannabe rival that has to be put in his place repeatedly.

Again, I hate it. But it is what it is. Sabretooth is a low level villain of the week type of character. He's not in the big leagues with Magneto, Emma, Sinister, Apocalypse, Mystique, and the like. The X-Office does not care to make him such. They don't want him in that role. So fans of villainous Sabretooth have to find ways to make piece with his D-List status. Or simply stop reading things he's in. He's not around to look good or because he's so popular. He's around to make other characters look good or be the convenient punching bag for the actual popular characters.

That's the lot & life of low level villains, depressing as it may be for some villains who had potential to be more.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-18-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Wolverine is Marvel's biggest name & character. He's like Batman for DC. So he's got to be the better one.

I hate it, but I ranted enough on it. At the end of the day, Wolverine is the A-lister with a HUGE fanbase. Creed is neither of those. lol He's the second-rate rival who annoys our hero & has to get beaten back into place every now & again. lol Rinse & repeat.

Sabretooth is not supposed to be better than Wolverine. Least not anymore. He's supposed to be the loser that Wolverine always outdoes in every respect.

Again, I hate it. But it is what it is. Sabretooth is a low level villain of the week type of character. He's not in the big leagues with Magneto, Emma, Sinister, Apocalypse, Mystique, and the like.
    I get what you say. It's similar to what happened to Bane in the Bat titles for years, though he had some really good years in the Secret Six, thanks to Gail Simone. Sure, it was a team full of B-List characters, but it worked damn well! But now Bane is back as a full time villain and is making Batman's life a constant suffering.

So it just takes one writer that really wants to make a compelling villain. Maybe there are many years to come of Creed getting his ass kicked by Wolverine up ahead, but maybe not.

Still, with him having an important role as a crimelord or leader of a faction of The Hand, just to name a few interesting ideas that were never explored at their fullest, you can have an interesting enemy, independent of him being Wolverine's superior when it comes to hand to hand combat .... better put, claws to claws combat
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Fantastic Member

I miss this type of sabertooth, would love to see a return and development of him that way. Similar to the gangster boss idea from a poster above.
    tFB23EC03-699D-4CCE-947A-327E57970071.jpg