Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Plus Scott Summers has done much worse ever since then.
    Indeed he has lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    CORRECT! Here we are three and some odd pages talking about Peter and MJ??? Two characters that from what we know so far aren't in the Champions, and to boot there several other threads to speak all day on them an.... Oh hell forget this, where are the mods????
    See, that's why I was thinking he would get involved. Revenge, maybe? And isn't Mephisto out of hell as of "Damnation?"

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Anytime anyone goes "This has nothing to do with OMD" I roll my eyes. Mephisto is the guy who fucks with Silver Surfer and treats entire teams of heroes as chumps. Him turning up in anyway linked to Spiderman is refferences to OMD overt or not. Mephisto being part of OMD was incredibly OOC and anytime he turns up in any kind of Spider book its out of character. Its like Darkseid explicitly turning up in a Batgirl book to annoy her.
    Darkseid and Batgirl?! This is a Miles thread!!
    Ahahahaha

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    onestly, I will never fathom why some people are so hell bent on shooting down this kind of speculation unless they feel threatened by it somehow.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but the whole OMD will end speculation that happens every other month gets old. I'm just sick of hearing about this story. Marvel's just trying to get us talking. Typical trolling.

This is a Champions plotline for Pete's sake. This is more ridiculous then when people thought Dead No More meant return of the marriage or undoing OMD.
    Last edited by The Negative Zone; 01-04-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    To take the conversation away from Miles. Isn't it obvious? The lil guy's been getting some traction. Folks can't help but try to throw Peter Parker/Spiderman into conversations about Miles in a way gets distracting.
    I get the OMD day thing but I'm pretty sure this Miles/Champion plot so most of these post are a bit wild

BANNED

The title of the thread is Mephisto strikes in the Spider-Verse...by its nature it invites comparisons to OMD.

Mephisto remember until OMD had no connection to Spider-Man, and so on. There's literally no reason to put him in any Spider-Title aside from reminding and reviving, and marketing and building up OMD or some follow-up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The title of the thread is Mephisto strikes in the Spider-Verse...by its nature it invites comparisons to OMD.

Mephisto remember until OMD had no connection to Spider-Man, and so on. There's literally no reason to put him in any Spider-Title aside from reminding and reviving, and marketing and building up OMD or some follow-up to it.
    And the OP has also been someone who won't let OMD go. So what does that say? Ignoring the fact that the book doesn't even feature Peter, has no MJ, and Miles already has a history with Mephisto and Blackheart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    until OMD had no connection to Spider-Man, and so on.
    Actually, he had turned up a couple of times in Peter's life prior to OMD, mostly in done-in-ones in the 80s and 90s.

I don't really think people think this event will undo OMD, I just think that Mephisto is too well-known in regards to OMD to stop people making connections when he interacts with spiders. Same thing with Joker and Barbara Gordon.

And for the record, if you think this is just fans, CBR literally called their article on this subject "Miles Morales Is About To Have His Own 'One More Day' Moment".

I will say that I have yet to see anyone say that this isn't really Mephisto, this is just some other demon that "just so happens" to use the exact word balloons and text as Mephisto did in OMD.

I was wondering how badly Marvel would screw up Miles in the absence of Bendis. Now I know. Starting to wish Marvel would hand Spider-Man as a whole over to DC.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I was wondering how badly Marvel would screw up Miles in the absence of Bendis. Now I know. Starting to wish Marvel would hand Spider-Man as a whole over to DC.
    WHAT??? What would DC do??

BANNED

DC's Spider-Man would probably get his own fictional city...which in theory sounds pretty awesome actually. None of that whole real-life NY makes Spider-Man look like a whiny crybaby since hey he gets to live in an expensive city like NY.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    WHAT??? What would DC do??
    Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. DC has its own problems (see the BatCat bait & switch as well as the sad fate of Terry McGinnis and by extension Tim Drake) so don't act like they are perfect either.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. DC has its own problems (see the BatCat bait & switch as well as the sad fate of Tim Drake) so don't act like they are perfect either.
    Exactly! We want to talk about character stagnation or always repeating the past: Batman is the number one candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    You know I expected a discussion on how this effects Miles and the Champions and yet we're here talking about Peter and OMD....
    I have a theory there. Look at the page with Kamala, Amadeus, Viv and Miles with a wrecked town in the background. Viv was leaking weird smoke like she was when she encountered Man-Thing a few issues ago and Snowguard thought she'd been killed. I think what that page was showing... was the death of the core Champions. Miles was the only one of those four to survive. He did the deal with Mephisto to undo the damage and resurrect them. That's why he doesn't want to talk to Kamala later... if he admits what he's done, he's worried he'll be booted off the team.

And based on #3's cover... Kamala will find out and be very upset about it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman