Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

If people want to stop talking about OMD, Marvel needs to stop making references to OMD for at least 5 years. All they're doing is making sure the wound never heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Current year writing ruined Carol Danvers
    So you're saying one story can ruin an entire character. And yes, I know you're referring to "Civil War II", which, I agree, was not good. But it's one story against almost forty years of her character. Same with Spider-Man: if we damn his character and say it's tainted because of one bad story, we are kind of damning any future runs that are either good or stellar, including Zdarsky, Spencer, and even Slott (despite his faults).

That just doesn't seem right to me, no matter how bad OMD was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I don't people claiming "Parallax" ruined Hal Jordan
    People don't complain because Geoff Johns is a genius and managed to fix/redeem Hal and repurpose Paralax as something entirely different that served the story and advanced the character

if we damn his character and say it's tainted because of one bad story, we are kind of damning any future runs that are either good or stellar, including Zdarsky, Spencer, and even Slott (despite his faults).
    Most of Spencer's run is being praised because he's fixing everything Slott and the BND sqaud broke in ways that serve the story and advances the characters.

So you're saying one story can ruin an entire character. And yes, I know you're referring to "Civil War II", which, I agree, was not good. But it's one story against almost forty years of her character. Same with Spider-Man: if we damn his character and say it's tainted because of one bad story, we are kind of damning any future runs that are either good or stellar, including Zdarsky, Spencer, and even Slott (despite his faults).

That just doesn't seem right to me, no matter how bad OMD was.
    Well the X-Boards still haven't entirely forgiven Scott Summers for leaving his wife back in the eighties/nineties, so this is nothing new.

People don't complain because Geoff Johns is a genius and managed to fix/redeem Hal and repurpose Paralax as something entirely different that served the story and advanced the character
    Also, before that retcon, people were claiming that Parallax ruined Hal and he could never be redeemed with the direction DC was taking pre-Johns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well the X-Boards still haven't entirely forgiven Scott Summers for leaving his wife back in the eighties/nineties, so this is nothing new.
    The X-Boards are acolytes of Chris Claremont, who himself has never entirely forgiven Scott for doing that

Current year writing ruined Carol Danvers
    If being ruined means having a solo title for over 10 years and a movie, then I have a long list of characters who I'd like to be ruined. Even if you hate everything she did in Civil War II, like Iron Man in Civil War (who did way, way worse things) or Felicia as the Queenpin, the character's history is now richer and better for it. It stretched her legs, raised her profile, and adds more layers to her character.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If being ruined means having a solo title for over 10 years
    A constantly cancelled-and-relaunched solo title

Most of Spencer's run is being praised because he's fixing everything Slott and the BND sqaud broke in ways that serve the story and advances the characters.
    Johns' Green Lantern run would be worse if he didn't have the Paralax stuff to work with. We would all be worse off if Kyle Rayner didn't exist. Like a story where a hero gets beaten down and has to rise up, comic book character with long histories can make tremendous gains by going through darker periods and then having them work their way back. If Spencer's run did not bring MJ back as the love interest (or didn't have to), it would still be successful. But because he has so many things to play with, he has more story to do, and the book is better. This is good for the contingent of fans who think stuff was "broken" and "needed fixing."

A constantly cancelled-and-relaunched solo title
    Carol's books don't get cancelled. They get relaunched either because of new creative teams or the overall Marvel line (like EVERY Marvel flagship, Cap and Iron Man have relaunched as much or more). Any month where she didn't have a book, there was one in development because comic series take four months to make. The only time there was an actual break was when Reeds' Ms. Marvel ended. The success of KSD Cap still exists.

Spectacular Member

I am praying that this becomes a crossover between Spider-Man and Champions, I mean Spidey was the first teenage héroe and he has gotten involve with múltiple members of the champions, Miles, Sam in Axis, Kamala before Spider-Verse, Riri in Spectacular, he should apear.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Johns' Green Lantern run would be worse if he didn't have the Paralax stuff to work with. We would all be worse off if Kyle Rayner didn't exist. Like a story where a hero gets beaten down and has to rise up, comic book character with long histories can make tremendous gains by going through darker periods and then having them work their way back. If Spencer's run did not bring MJ back as the love interest (or didn't have to), it would still be successful. But because he has so many things to play with, he has more story to do, and the book is better. This is good for the contingent of fans who think stuff was "broken" and "needed fixing."
    that’s a take i haven’t heard before. i like it
    troo fan or death

If we’re heading towards a Big Mephisto event then I’m hoping its a Full On Spiderverse event to get retribution for Peter. I want Insomniac Peter involved to see what happened to 616 and vow never to do that
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I think my expectations are quite tempered when it comes to these potential interactions. Remember when Slott was dropping those hints 616 Peter and MJ remembered the events of Renew Your Vows? Well, when the time finally came for Peter to interact with the RYV Spider-Family in Spider-Geddon, they cracked a few jokes about looking after baby Inheritors and that was that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    For a company that insists we should move on from this story, they sure keep bringing it up again.
    I don't see any connection between Mephisto appearing in Champions and the OMD storyline. This seems confined to the Champions book alone and not even crossing over with Miles's solo. I don't think Peter will appear or OMD will even be referenced, aside from Mephisto maybe making a snark comment. So no this has absolutely nothing to do with OMD, it's all a Champions story and will likely be Miles centric. And if/when marvel actually decides to do a OMD follow up I seriously doubt they will do it in a book that's not Peter's. People are seeing what they want to see and reading into things that are not there.